Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Coastal State Prison

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about visitation at Coastal State. My first visit is Saturday and I really don't want to do anything that may get me kicked out. I know about what you can/cannot wear but are there certain rules about physical contact or how much money you can bring, etc.?

~A cell can only hold your body, it can never hold your mind. But in my case...a cell holds my heart!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2006, 04:10 PM

Default coastal state prison

You can take $20 in with you in change for the vending machines
they do have a dollar machine changer so you can take ones
other than that you can't take anything in--they have lockers but, i'd
just leave everything in my car--have pic ID and tag #

I was going there Sat too but he got transfer to Lowndes State Prison
I don't know anything at this one yet
Hope this helps - I just happen to have the sheet of rules here with me
Old 05-28-2006, 08:39 PM

Default Hey

Hey Vada,
I am also going to Coastal State prison Sat. My Boyfriend has been there since April. I live in Waycross Ga I have never really went to Savannah so I know i am going to get lost. I am Leaving Friday so I can find my way good. I really don't know what to wear or if they will let me take my son's Baby Bag inside. I know about the money situation. If u know the dress code Hit me back
Old 05-28-2006, 08:51 PM

hey, the dress code is like all other prisons, pants/skirts can't go 2 inches above the knee when you sit, shirts have to be long enough so your midriff doesn't show, shirts have to have sleeves, no flip flops, nothing too tight...basically nothing in my closet lol...

~A cell can only hold your body, it can never hold your mind. But in my case...a cell holds my heart!

Last edited by vada_bing634; 05-28-2006 at 08:54 PM..
Old 07-04-2006, 10:56 PM

Question Confused

Hey
I am so so so confused.... I live in Mobile, Al. I am about 8 hours away from Coastal State Prison. My husband has been there for about 3 weeks now ..... it took almost 2 weeks before I even heard from him and found out he had been moved from Clayton County. He has called only twice .... he called through someone else to tell me I had a block on the phone and I needed to get it off. I have already planned to leave for Coastal on July 28 but I won't get there till July 29 which is a Sat. ... He was able to tell me that if I come on a Sat. I could visit from 9am to 3pm. But does that only apply if I come on a Sat. Can I visit during the week like that too...... What am I allowed to bring? How many people can come to see him? How many visits per month can he have? Can I send care packages to him there? I haven't received a letter from him yet. And since it's gonna take about 3 days for me to drive from Mobile, then do my 9am to 3pm visit, and then turnaround and drive back I'm needing to know as much info as soon as possible. I have asked 2 of my friends to ride along so we can just switch up driving and we can get there faster. And they are wanting to know more info than I have right now........... Can someone tell me some info or e-mail me the copy of rules for Coastal ... I would appreciate it.

Mobile
Old 09-02-2007, 09:53 AM

Do I really have to bring my son's BC in order for him to see his dad? His name isn't on the BC so how will that affect being approved for visitation?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:30 AM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

Vixen the best thing to do is Call where he is a make sure all is in order b4 you go
Old 12-27-2007, 02:18 AM
Forever Humble

Do u get contact visit at visitation?
Old 12-27-2007, 08:23 AM

what do you mean by contact? I know that you can hug him when you get there and hug him before you leave. Other than that you sit at a round table with your man in a gym.