Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Headed to Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Headed to Prison Dedicated to those who are facing incarceration. What to expect; what you can do to prepare; Q&A's; support.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Im freaking out too...help

I also been thinking about running, or suicide. I am a college student, and I been to county jails during my life in PA, but with what I did, I don't know if I will end up in county or State prison.

I been convicted for 2 misdemeanors before, and been locked up for 3 months in County Jail. What I thought was a prank, will probably ending me up with 3rd drgree felonies (the least felony degree in the state of PA). This was all done in my University, and it does involve using a computer.

I don't know if I am ready for this at all...I been sleepless for days, my family been worried about me...and I haven't even been charged yet. I just received word that the security in my school wants to speak to me, but I know it is about all that.

Im very scared....
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2005, 06:14 PM

I also must say that it doesn't even involve using a virus, or destroying any school property, it only involves logging into someone else's webmail account and using that to login to their personal profile and chaning pictures, and emailing their friends stupid comments.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

First of all running or ending your life is not the answer to any of this! Suicide is a PERMENANT solution to a temporary problem. If you run, that is only going to give you more time, and trust me, in this day and age with all the technology chances are you will get caught.

Is this a federal or state charge? Depending on your age, you could get off with probation or even house arrest. But that is NOT a gurantee. I would suggest hiring an attorney who can better advise you on your options.

If you have not been charged with anything yet then just breathe. Before talking to anyone contact an attorney. TELL you family everything. The more you trust your family, and the more help you get the better.

Please promise that if you think of doing anything drastic, to call the following number:
SUICIDE:
UNITED STATES
NATIONAL
Suicide & Crisis Hotlines
1-800-SUICIDE
784-2433
http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html

I will be praying for you!

Last edited by PTO-29412; 11-23-2005 at 06:36 PM..
Old 11-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

Fred,

Right now I know that you are very scared, I can tell you honestly, so was I after I was arrested.

But, I will tell you this, what you are feeling right now is exactly what each and everyone of us who have been through the system have felt.

BaileyJons has given you a phone no., do not hesitate to use it. Sometimes talking about you fears will ease them. I know that sounds strange but it does.

The night I came home on bail, I called my priest, now this guy is a friend of the family he performed our wedding, baptized my children, etc., so talking to him about what I had done was almost as hard and telling my parents. But you know, he helped me work it through, and face what I eventually had to deal with. So, if you have a pastor or really close friend that you can talk this through with that is another option.

I will say this suicide is not the answer nor is running, you will get through this, and you won't believe it now when I say this, but it will happen, you will be stronger for the experience.

I know that is hard to believe.

Take this journey one step at a time, first call the no. that BaileyJons has given you and talk it out. They may be able to help you find someone that can help you through this.

Secondly, know that we are here for you, when you decided to post on PTO you became part of a family. A family of very caring and wonderful people who are here to help you with information, comfort and strength when needed.

Bailyjons has given you some great advice, take it, it will help, I know.

If you need to talk, pm me, I am on here often and we can sit down and chat via pm or ims.

Stay strong and know we are here for you,

Patti
Old 11-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Yes I'm back! :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,189 Times in 497 Posts

You just hang in there and know you have a whole lot of support right here on PTO

Get well soon David! You are in our thoughts
Old 11-23-2005, 11:00 PM
His Soul mate. ..

Thanked 8,163 Times in 6,852 Posts

hang in there, your in my prayers

Old 11-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Waiting for him... again!
Donation Award 

Fred...((((((big hugs)))) Welcome to PTO.

I understand your fear. Please remember this if you don't remember anything else. Suicide is permanent, running goes on forever, but prison has an end date. It won't last forever and you will get out!!!

Try to be strong as strong as you can. Come here and vent, we'll listen!! You can do this. We're all here for you, I promise!
2018 Club #1 Member

Lee, I'll always be there to water the flowers

May 2010 be a kinder, gentler year for my PTO family.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:04 AM
Home for Good
Donation Award 

Fred, I know that it might seem like your life is over right now, but it is not the end. Your family obviously cares about you, don't be afraid or ashamed to reach out to them for support. It is easy to deny oneself the love and care of others out of fear or shame, we all do it, it's a natural reaction to think that we have to bear all of the burden because we were the ones who did something wrong. Don't jump to conclusions and pre-empt anything that may or may not happen, you don't know, and none of us can say what will eventuate. Like Tia said, running is as much a life sentence as anything, and you will lose all contact with your family.

I did what I thought was a prank, and I ended up serving 4 months for it, although it was a bit more serious than what you did. Life is survivable, people have been doing it for thousands of years.

If you feel like you're crashing and need support, then go and get it. You aren't alone in this.

Dave
Old 11-25-2005, 04:29 PM
I speak from experience

I have been to federal prison I did a year in Minnesota and I must say it isnt anything big... Yeah you lose I alot I lost my apartment, valuables, money and alot more but running isnt gonna get you anywhere the Feds are worldwide and they will take you down guaranteed.

As for suicide I know a guy who had a 10 year bid he tried to hang himself and now he is a parapeligic (in a wheel chair) and he is now on a life sentence as the feds gave him a P number for attempted suicide.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:56 AM

Fred,

In the event you don't get busted, I hope you walk away learning something very valuable: don't mess with other people's identities or their property. Identity theft and/or manipulation is a serious crime today. This kind of activity has destroyed people's lives; I know of someone personally who lost their house due to identity theft, and, to be honest, I hope to god they catch the person who did this and throw away the key because the victim is an incredibly nice person. (You can tell I'm still upset about this).

I suggest you stop the pranks and focus on school. If you want to push the envelope though and continue with this kind of activity, be prepared for the punishment.

T
Old 11-26-2005, 10:24 AM
amanda8088

Hi Fred!

You have already received good advice!

I just want to stress NOT to talk to even Security at school, without a lawyer present. They will likely try and present it, as wanting to clear up an understanding.

I would hire a good attorney, and he should be able to give you accurate advice about your situation.

I wish you the best of luck!

Amanda8088
Old 11-26-2005, 10:39 AM

I think your paranoia is overwhelming you. Take it one step at a time. You're sentencing yourself to prison BEFORE you're even been charged. RELAX. If push comes to shove and you have to go it's not as bad as some might think. First, you're a new commit. on a non violent crime. Lev-I custody on a decent yard. NONE of which is worth suicide. Literally thousands of young men go through the system without a scratch. I'll help ya along. You'll be fine IF you even go. Ok?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:23 PM

I am just scared. Thank you to eveyone who been giving me advice. I did 4 months in county jail before. I can do the time, it's just that I don't know if it will be state time or not....if anything else. I know I am thinking pesimistic, and I hope it will just turn out to be an in school punishment. I never been to a sate prison before, and I am really scared. What should I do if I do go to a state prison?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Donation Award 

Well Fred, what I have have been told and read here on PTO, State time is a lot easier to do than County time. County time is the hardest and you already know what to expect from them.
JohnS. is a good bet for you to get help from, so as he said, he will help you through it if need be.
Hang in there and don't panic until you know what is going to happen. You have received good advice, listen to it.

Sherrie

Don't tell God how big your storm is, Tell the storm how big your God is!!!

There's no place like PTO, There's no place like PTO

Are you having problems on PTO?
Just have a question? Click here HELP DESK

Old 12-22-2005, 10:19 AM

Fred:

For the time being worry is a waste of time.

If you don't get charged, what's the point?

On the other hand, you have a right to be concerned. The point? Watch, but don't worry. (And don't do anything else to get in trouble. . . . )

DO PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH.

A couple of things: If ANYONE asks you questions about your situation, you HAVE AN ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. Don't let police and others tell you that "not cooperating with the investigation" is a crime. You have a right under the U.S. Constitution NOT to incriminate yourself. Don't let them give you any bullcrap about "things in the states being different, etc."

If they want you to come to the station, or whereever to talk to them DON'T. If they want to arrest you they need probable cause, and if they do, go quietly, but DON'T tell them anything. If they come to your home, and want to talk, DON'T. And DON'T LET THEM IN YOUR HOME. You don't have to, unless they've got a warrant. IF you have ANYTHING illegal that could be used as evidence against you, GET RID OF IT.

PM me, if you have further questions.

Your situation is serious, but not desperate, and with a little smarts you can keep it from getting worse.

abner
Old 01-03-2006, 01:24 PM

Fred,

What was the worst thing that happened to you when you served 4 months in county??
Old 01-22-2006, 08:05 PM

Hey brother,
No need to worry, run or most of all.....the other. When I was 24 I made a huge mistake that was going to land me in prison or at least a county jail for 10 to 12 months. I was going to run but a friend of mine that was a few years older and had been in and out of jail a few times and had run a few times sat me down and told me: " Don't run, don't do yourself in as I have ran in the past on charges and regretted it for years. You have a ton of good times, great girlfriends and good friendships ahead of you that you haven't even made yet. In two years you will look back on this and say, yeah, I got my a$$ in a wringer once but I paid the piper and now I appreciate everything a little more." You know, he was right. The last 20 years I have had so much fun, had a lot of great girlfriends and have made many, many good friends. I am so glad I listened to him. So please, settle down, get an older attourney ( 40's to 50's that know the system, judges and prosecutors) most will let you pay payments. And just be honest and sincere when talking to the judge. I'll bet you don't do hardly any time in jail and even if you do.....you can handle it. It will make you a better man and a more rounded individual with his feet on the ground and appreciate what most take for granted.

Good luck brother, you will make it through this just fine.

Tommy G.

P.S. I am 47 years old and made another stupid mistake last march. I lost a great job, my home, my truck, my girlfriend and now I am going to prison for 30 months on March 10th.. I thought about running this time too but remembered what my friend told me so long ago. I will be turning myself in and starting from scratch when I get out. If I can do it, you can do it.
Hang in there, the first 50 years are the toughest.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:46 PM

Im still here guys...sorry I haven't responded for so long. We'll, without tellign every detail to what has happened to me, I will try to give you an update.

Basically my lawyer is trying to get me into an ARD program. So far, it seems that I had a chance to get it. It was 2 months of worrying, but today was my arraignment, and they continued it until next week, because the DA said he hasn't finished talking to the prank victims about my ARD. I assume you need their permission to get ARD.

My lawyer said I won't do any jail time, possibly house arrest or probation. He told me if they wanted to lock me up, they would of not recommended the ARD program to begin with.

So now I have to wait yet again until next week for anything.

I want to change my life...I want to be able to move with my girlfriend to NJ, but if I get probation or anything else...it may be hard to move at all. I just hope I can go to another school, without any problems.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:49 PM

...but the important thing is that...I am greatful regardless if I get anything, that I realized my place with God and family. GOD BLESS
Old 01-25-2006, 12:54 PM

Clifford,
The 4 months was because of two seperate incidents, which they added concurrently. It was disordely conduct, and something else...but I did time served.