Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 09-16-2019, 03:25 PM
His Girl ❤️

Ugh. I would fail hard at sending letters that are in a plain white envelope. Just this one I sent out today, I traced the outline of the envelope and wrote some song lyrics on the back from his favorite band.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2019, 07:20 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,303 Times in 15,626 Posts

I used to sometimes use rubber stamps with say, hearts or I had one with a lipstick looking kiss on it.
Sometimes I would color in the stamps with colored pencils. Once I even risked it and used chalk (but made sure to brush of any excess and he got that)

I know the paper can be the type you might use for scrapbooking (but it cant be cotton paper, or really thick) but Im talking like the ones with borders on them.

Never stickers or glitter pens, or crayon type stuff.
Rules may have changed somewhat since I did this.
(also we were in CA as well)
No manila envelopes was another no no. I couldnt even send him a large envelope so he could mail stuff home. I even called and asked if I could send large WHITE envelopes and they said no. He was supposed to buy at commissary. (and what were they? Manila envelopes)

Yeah the scanning the letters and drawings and photos is real crappy. And cutting off the PO box? that hilarious. and Not necessary

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
keywii (09-17-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 08:19 AM

Some of the rules have changed. But could be the same elsewhere.

Manila envelopes are allowed without the clasp 10 is the limit on what you can send.

I've used glitter gel pens plenty of times without problems (on envelopes, written letters, artwork). I've always told him if I'm doing something wrong, that would prevent him from receiving the mail let me know. So far I haven't had any issues with using the glitter gel pens. I don't used them all the time. But I would at times when I want to make something stand out. I'm usually using the plain colorful gel pens and color pencils.

I was scared to send a greeting card that had a glitter cover. So I wouldn't buy those type of cards at first, until he sent me a greeting card that had glitter on it. I was shocked and that's when I started to send him greeting cards that had glitter on them.

My guy incarcerated in CA.

Suck you couldn't send the Manila envelopes or even the white ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to keywii For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-17-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 09:02 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,879 Times in 16,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
I wish I could send my scent he tells me all the time he smells the paper, lol.
I always smelled My Mr's letters....if he had taken a shower immediately before writing I could smell his soap (Irish Spring).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
I rub the envelopes with sage or patchouli sometimes but it has to be very very faint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnieLove56 View Post
I write in pink, purple, red, green, blue, black, brown, and whatever other color I have....

...And it's always on different paper too. Sometimes it's on fancy ass binder paper that looks expensive other times it's that cheap Walmart binder paper. 🤣
Ditto the colored ink, for years, though that may have changed in the last couple of years since he's been home. I used computer paper. Some sheets were pastel colors, some had pretty borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandainohio View Post
They staple all the contents of the letter and the part of the envelope together, makes me mad as all get out cause they staple the pictures too.
Staples? That surprise me.....metal staples? Nope, I couldn't send anything stapled, no paper clips, nothing. I numbered everything so he could keep it all in order.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 05:28 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,303 Times in 15,626 Posts

**if he had taken a shower immediately before writing I could smell his soap (Irish Spring).***
LOL! My hub got that too from his packages. He never used to use it before prison, but that is one thing he carries over from his time in prison. Irish Spring.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 02:35 PM
His Girl ❤️

I don't think I could ever do that. Sounds kinda creepy yet kinky to smell his letters.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Staples? That surprise me.....metal staples? Nope, I couldn't send anything stapled, no paper clips, nothing. I numbered everything so he could keep it all in order.
I cannot send anything attached, it is something they do when they open all the mail at the prison. I number the pages on all the letters I send too. That way if they mess up the order when the open the mail he will know what order to read from.