Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Virginia Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 09-14-2019, 01:21 PM

Default Visitation permanently suspended

So me and my husband was talking on the phone and he emailed me a name and address.he was talking about food next thing I know investigators are at my house saying the my husband is under investigation.a few days later I got a letter in the mail saying that my visitation is suspended permanently and I can have no visits in the state of va,the bad part is this happens 10 days after we got married the last time I seen him was on our wedding day.does anybody knows what I can do about this?I just want my visits back the bad part is I have a brother that's in prison too and now I can't even see him.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely1957 View Post
So me and my husband was talking on the phone and he emailed me a name and address.he was talking about food next thing I know investigators are at my house saying the my husband is under investigation.a few days later I got a letter in the mail saying that my visitation is suspended permanently and I can have no visits in the state of va,the bad part is this happens 10 days after we got married the last time I seen him was on our wedding day.does anybody knows what I can do about this?I just want my visits back the bad part is I have a brother that's in prison too and now I can't even see him.
The letter says it's because I conspire to introduce drugs inside of the prison.i never will do anything like that and never will.i never been in trouble a day in my life this all is confusing...
Old 09-14-2019, 01:34 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,672 Times in 13,051 Posts

You have appeal rights for the decision, so be sure to exercise them. If you have access to a lawyer, find out if, and how you can obtain copies of whatever evidence the prison is using to justify their lifetime visitation ban. Unless you can get it changed, you won't be allowed to visit him, or your brother.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:57 PM

Wow girl that’s crazy!!

Old 09-14-2019, 02:13 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,798 Times in 8,073 Posts

Quote:
The letter says it's because I conspire to introduce drugs inside of the prison.i never will do anything like that and never will.i never been in trouble a day in my life this all is confusing...
It's possible that he was found to be holding when stripped out after visit. That doesn't mean you did it, but it means that as his (presumably) only visitor, they're looking at you as if you did. I believe you if say you didn't. It's not unheard of for inmates to work together to bring in drugs. If another visitor passed it to him, he may have foolishly thought it would keep you out of the mess. He was very, very wrong.

I would do as fbop said and exercise your right to appeal. Your LO won't be getting his visits back for a long while, but because you would like to visit your brother, it's worth pursuing.

Best of luck to you.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:31 PM

Thanked 3,876 Times in 1,194 Posts

So you were having a conversation on the phone about food and he emailed you a name and address? Were you instructed to pick up something from that address or deliver something to that address? Was the conversation about food a code for something else?
Old 09-14-2019, 02:45 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 22,798 Times in 8,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marseille View Post
So you were having a conversation on the phone about food and he emailed you a name and address? Were you instructed to pick up something from that address or deliver something to that address? Was the conversation about food a code for something else?
Ahhh, I just completely misread that. I was reading it as this happened at visit. Good call.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:03 PM
Owned

Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,959 Posts

Quote:

My thoughts are along this same line.
mojook (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 03:58 PM

Thanked 1,627 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
So me and my husband was talking on the phone and he emailed me a name and address.he was talking about food next thing I know investigators are at my house saying the my husband is under investigation.
I'm betting there might be a detail or two left out that could shed some light.

It's interesting that the conversation about food is the main thing you remember about it. That would seem to be very forgettable in the grand scheme of things.

What did he say in the email along with the name and address? There had to be more than just a name and address.

It doesn't seem like him saying the he likes Burger King better than McDonalds and then for no reason whatsoever, then him sending you an email with nothing but a name and address are all the details to the entire chain of events.

Can you remember any more details that might help folks get a picture of what happened so maybe they can be more help?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Straight For This Useful Post:
Crazychick12 (09-16-2019), MizzyMuffling (09-16-2019), MSGARCIA1992 (09-16-2019), safran (09-16-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 04:08 PM

I'd be pissed. Obviously the name and address is something bad. I doubt you will get your visitation privileges back. Hopefully he doesn't have too much longer.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:12 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 11,314 Times in 4,697 Posts

Its odd he would just randomly send you a name and address. Its also best not to give details on a public website if there is an investigation going on. Its probably best to get some legal advice.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
MSGARCIA1992 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 07:43 PM

Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,712 Posts

Some people use food as code words for drugs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
mojook (09-16-2019), MSGARCIA1992 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I bet it was because on an episode of the show forensic files they started watching an inmate when the father of the guy that testified against him and had knew the whole story getting them sent away,was blown up by a suspicious package at the door. It was obviously meant for his son but either way they listened to a few of the inmates calls and he was on the surface telling his sister how to fix her car but in another way it sounds like he’s telling her how to make a bomb . She couldn’t understand so he had to get simpler and of course that made it more obvious what he was doing .. plus other testimony for cell mates he ended up getting another life sentence on top of life w/o he had. Unfortunately right when I read her post I thought of that episode . The prison probably thinks she
Old 09-16-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazychick12 View Post
I bet it was because on an episode of the show forensic files they started watching an inmate when the father of the guy that testified against him and had knew the whole story getting them sent away,was blown up by a suspicious package at the door. It was obviously meant for his son but either way they listened to a few of the inmates calls and he was on the surface telling his sister how to fix her car but in another way it sounds like he’s telling her how to make a bomb . She couldn’t understand so he had to get simpler and of course that made it more obvious what he was doing .. plus other testimony for cell mates he ended up getting another life sentence on top of life w/o he had. Unfortunately right when I read her post I thought of that episode . The prison probably thinks she
I saw that episode. It made me so sad. I can only imagine how guilty the young man who's father was killed must feel.