Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Colorado should be posted here.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:15 PM

Default Weld County Community Corrections

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows...

My LO has put in for community corrections in Weld county. His case manager put in a good word for him and told him today that the halfway house itself has accepted him, now hes just waiting to hear back from the board. His application was sent a month ago and today the board asked his case manager for information on what classes and stuff he has done, but she had originally attched that to his application and even showed him that she attached it a month ago. So i guess she sent it again. Im hoping they looked at it today, and if not, hopefully next Wednesday. I read that they get together on Wednesdays.

Question is, do you think there is a better chance of him being approved with the good word from his case manager and already being approved by the halfway house? And does anyone know how long it takes to go there if he is approved? Anyone with Weld county experience? He has taken every class he possibly can. Fingers crossed. The anticipation is killing me.
The Following User Says Thank You to nfforget For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (09-11-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2019, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfforget View Post
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows...

My LO has put in for community corrections in Weld county. His case manager put in a good word for him and told him today that the halfway house itself has accepted him, now hes just waiting to hear back from the board. His application was sent a month ago and today the board asked his case manager for information on what classes and stuff he has done, but she had originally attched that to his application and even showed him that she attached it a month ago. So i guess she sent it again. Im hoping they looked at it today, and if not, hopefully next Wednesday. I read that they get together on Wednesdays.

Question is, do you think there is a better chance of him being approved with the good word from his case manager and already being approved by the halfway house? And does anyone know how long it takes to go there if he is approved? Anyone with Weld county experience? He has taken every class he possibly can. Fingers crossed. The anticipation is killing me.
Hmmm this seems a little backwards. Typically offenders have to be approved by the comcor board before a HWH accepts them. The CM recommendation can't hurt but the case managers typically recommend almost all offenders.

Does your husband have ties to Weld County or is this the county he fell from? This is a big issue that the board looks at.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
nfforget (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 09:20 AM

Yes, he is from Weld county and that is where his offense took place. He is being told by other offenders that usually the halfway house is more picky than the board, so seeing that they already approved him that the board should approve him. Im not sure why they would approve him before the board if it usually doesnt work that way. Maybe they are low on people there and need more bodies so they can make their money...