Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 10-15-2018, 07:30 AM
icj357
Donation Award 

Default Transferred to Polk CI: Anyone have any info on this facility?

Hello all!
My son was at GEO Bay CF, it sustained damage during Hurricane Michael, I just found out this morning after many phone calls, sleepless nights, not eating, crying, that he was transferred yesterday to Polk CI, does anyone know anything new about the facility? When I called classification at the prison, they were very nice and told me that they just found out this morning that they received inmates from Bay and they were not sure what they were going to do with them, their condition, if they would be able to call to let us know their condition or about visitation. Which is understandable seeing as they just found out this morning they had new inmates. Sorry about the rambling, it is just pouring out of me now that I know where he is, it is some relief.
Thank you all.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2018, 06:04 PM

I visited there many years ago. It was nice. The COs werent rude or anything. They were pretty strict on the dress code though. I cant remember anything too crazy going on there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kzellweger For This Useful Post:
icj357 (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 07:17 PM

I do not know about Polk, but can tell you that the entire Bay Correctional Facility was evacuated. They were taken to various camps all over the state, some as far as Blackwater. Where they were taken was based on the first letter of their last name. As far as I know, they were not allowed to take personal property, other than hygiene items. I have been told the property will be returned to them at some point.
What is VERY IMPORTANT is that Polk is NOT GEO, it is DOC. Therefore it is not Access for canteen or GTL for phone. You will need to set up a Securus account for phone and Jpay for canteen. The funds he has will transfer but that can take some time. GTL should be able to refund you for any unused funds. If I were you I would put some funds in Jpay if at all possible so he can get some items he may need. The DOC says Securus will let them have 3 free phone calls starting on 10/17 IF you are already on his approved phone list. So set up a Securus account ASAP as well.
I also know for sure all the inmates at Bay were unharmed, though I am told the storm was very severe there with roof damage and flooding of some dorms. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icj357 View Post
Hello all!
My son was at GEO Bay CF, it sustained damage during Hurricane Michael, I just found out this morning after many phone calls, sleepless nights, not eating, crying, that he was transferred yesterday to Polk CI, does anyone know anything new about the facility? When I called classification at the prison, they were very nice and told me that they just found out this morning that they received inmates from Bay and they were not sure what they were going to do with them, their condition, if they would be able to call to let us know their condition or about visitation. Which is understandable seeing as they just found out this morning they had new inmates. Sorry about the rambling, it is just pouring out of me now that I know where he is, it is some relief.
Thank you all.
The Following User Says Thank You to avas For This Useful Post:
icj357 (10-24-2018)