Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities > Region III Work Release Centers
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Region III Work Release Centers Information and Discussion for the following facilities: Atlantic WRC, Bartow WRC, Bradenton Transition Center, Bridges of Orlando WRC,Bridges of Pompano - Turning Point WRC, Cocoa WRC, Ft. Pierce WRC, Hollywood WRC, Kissimmee WRC, Largo Residential Re-Entry Center, Miami North WRC, Opa Locka WRC, Orlando Transition Center, Orlando WRC, Pinellas WRC, Pompano Transit Center, St. Petersburg WRC, Suncoast WRC, Tarpon Springs WRC, The Transition House, West Palm Beach WRC

Old 12-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Tarpon Springs WRC Q&A

My son is approved to go there. Does anyone know anything about it?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2008, 07:35 PM
frankie's girl

Question Help Please

Can anyone please explain to me how the work release works? My man just got transferred to Tarpon Work Release. How do the visits work? Can i pick him up on the weekends? can I see him while he is at work? Please Please Please help me.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:25 PM
HE'S HOME!!!!! :) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwgrlnfl
Can anyone please explain to me how the work release works? My man just got transferred to Tarpon Work Release. How do the visits work? Can i pick him up on the weekends? can I see him while he is at work? Please Please Please help me.
Every facility is different. Yes, once he arrives there you can apply to be a sponsor in order to pick him up for 8 hours on the weekend. It normally takes 30 or 60 days to be approved, but it really depends on the facility. Visitation should be the same; sat & sun 9-3p.m. Have you tried calling the facility he's at? they should give you the run down on how things work there.
Good Luck.
He ain't nothing but a pimp
He got a lot of chicks
He's always in the club
And they say, he think he's slick,
He got a lot of chips
He's so messed up, I heard
He's been locked up, find somebody else
He ain't nothing but a thug
.....SO WHAT!!!!!.....
Old 03-06-2008, 09:52 PM
frankie's girl

thank you I called there today. He has to be there 30 days then i have to fill out paper work and if approved i can pick him for 4 hours. After not seeing him in a year I will take what ever I can get!!!!! thank you for your help

Old 03-06-2008, 09:54 PM
frankie's girl

Once he is there he will either be assigned to a job or will have to find one. After 30 days you can fill out paperwork to be a sponsor to pick him up for so many hours. he will have to send you the paperwork.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:50 PM
outkast

Default i hope this helps you, please read

i was at the bartow work release, your allowed to visit if you go and fill out the paper work then the major at that camp will either approve you or disapprove most likely you will be approved if you were on his prison visiting list.

visits are on sat and sun from 9:00 am to 3:00pm and if he gets furloghs it will be from 9am 5pm and yes you can pick him up

good luck i hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:29 PM

do you know how to set up the phone so my son can call me??? Please help!
Old 03-22-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlve13 View Post
do you know how to set up the phone so my son can call me??? Please help!
Call correctional billing services 1-800-644-6591 and follow prompts. They will put on a customer service rep and get you set up for prepay or bill your phone company. The choice is yours.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:53 PM

I have good friend in Tarpon Springs, If any of you have access to speak to anyone in there could you PLEASE send message to Dennis Gilpin to write Diana in Indiana. I would appreciate it very much!
Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 PM

Smile

my fiancee was approved to go there, if he has to look for a job how much time will he be given and what will happen if he can't find one? I'm new to all of this I'm not sure any of this works some guidance would be grealty appreciated. Thank you soo much
Old 01-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Donation Award 

Default Need info on Tarpon Springs WRC please!

My husband would like to get transferred here when his time is up to go to work release.

What information can you give me about Tarpon Springs WRC? What's visitation like? Is there a waiting list? What can he have from home? How often can he have furloughs?

Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:11 AM

The last post I can find on work release centers in from 2009. My son is currently at Tarpon Springs WRC, I'm trying to find some family members to speak with. One of the issue I find is that they need quarters to call home, but it takes weeks to refill the machine and they will not allow us to take them change.

I'd like to find out more about the jobs and riding those bicycles through dark roads late at night.

There are a few other issues but I'd like to speak confidentially. If you have a family member at TSWRC, please respond.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,303 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhern213 View Post
The last post I can find on work release centers in from 2009. My son is currently at Tarpon Springs WRC, I'm trying to find some family members to speak with. One of the issue I find is that they need quarters to call home, but it takes weeks to refill the machine and they will not allow us to take them change.

I'd like to find out more about the jobs and riding those bicycles through dark roads late at night.

There are a few other issues but I'd like to speak confidentially. If you have a family member at TSWRC, please respond.
I suggest sending a PM to the person above you on this thread to see if her husband ever made it to this facility and she can answer your questions.

It's hard on here to get current info about the work release centers. They are so small, the odds that a family member of another current inmate from there is a member of this board are small. It helps if everyone who goes to a WRC posts all the current info they have so that later the info is as up-to-date as possible for the next person looking for that center.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Donation Award 

My husband just got to Tarpon today ... I'll be visiting him Saturday and Sunday, so if anyone has any questions, please let me know and I will try to find out the answers for you.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Donation Award 

Don't know how often this site is updated, but Tarpon Springs was bought out by a private company in March. It's no longer DOC-run. The inmates are also now wearing ankle monitors. My husband has been there since October, so if there's any questions I can answer, just let me know.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:47 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,303 Times in 978 Posts

Ugh, the ankle monitors. My husband was part of the first wave of inmates that got them in work release when they first started . What a PITA - and totally useless. They never were accurate. They were constantly going off thinking the guys were deviating when they were actually IN THE CENTER.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:26 PM

Can anyone give me some information on Bartow and Tarpon Springs work release centers, like are they a good facility to go to, does it have a long wait list to get in, how are the guards there, ect. I am trying to find information out so I can help my guy find wrc to go to. There doesn't seem to be any wrc in the sarasota county that I can find these seem to be the closest along with st petersburg. Thanks for any help you can give
Old 02-18-2017, 05:56 PM

I'm trying to find same info for my son. I only know that St Petersburg is good. Tarpon springs too, but they have to wear ankle bracelets there which are not accurate and can cause issues. I heard Bartow is a little tougher, but it's the next closest facility.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:18 PM

Default Tarpon Springs Work Release

This original post is old, but I am hoping someone can answer for me. My son unexpectedly was moved to Tarpon Springs. He has called me 3 times (been there 4-5 days)
He is saying toilet paper, laundry soap and all clothing must be provided by the inmate or family. They also need a bike for transportation and a cell phone.
I am flabbergasted. I live on very little each month and cannot afford very much.

I cannot believe they are transferred in prison attire and thats it.
According to the website they provide transition and re entry into society Providing AA,NA
GED education, assistance with jobs and resumes.
He said most ride a bike to work.

He has 0 money, I am on a retiree check. Has no clothes at home because during his addiction he was homeless.

He doesn't want me to complain to them because "they might make it hard on me"
This just looks like a set up for failure.

Any suggestions for me. I'm back to crying