Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Folsom State Prison, located in Represa, California.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:48 AM

Default 2012 FSP Newbie Questions & Answers

Good morning Ladies, I have some questions.

My husband is currently at CSP-SAC. He may be transferred to FSP within the next few months. I heard a rumor that the 'camp' (min. support) at FSP may be closing soon... Like I said, this was just a 'rumor' that one of the CO's mentioned last weekend. Has anybody else (who has a loved one in FSP min support) heard anything of the sort?

Can you tell me what the process of visiting is like? I've gathered that you have to make an appointment online. Do these appointments book fast? What is the "trick"? After you make the appointment, what is the visiting day process like?

I'm just trying to get a head start on what I might be looking forward to. Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Weathering the storm

Great questions, I'm wondering the same thing! Trying to prepare for this 6.5 hour drive! Scares me at the thought of possibly driving and not being able to visit!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Hopefully someone familiar with the Camp can answer the specifics. I don't think camp visitors make appointments. They are always called in and processed somewhat separately.

I have heard rumors also but nothing for sure.

Last edited by casd619; 01-16-2012 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to casd619 For This Useful Post:
lizard217 (01-17-2012)
Old 01-17-2012, 10:58 AM

Thank you very much casd619. I spoke to my husband about how much a pain it will be to make an appointment to visit him there (assuming that's where he goes.) He did mention that it's not the same process for Camp... please let me know if you hear anything.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:24 PM

Good afternoon Ladies, My husband was indeed transferred to FSP. The website let me make an appointment to visit him but I'm not sure if they are going to actually let me in to see him because he is on "fish row". I got a message from him saying that fish do not usually get visits. Is this true? I guess I'll find out this weekend. I'm still hoping the process is different for the Camp as I'm sure that's where he will be assigned eventually...

Old 02-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Hopelessly Devoted
Donation Award 

Howdy,

My husband is at the camp...you heard correctly in that the camp visitors do NOT have to use the reservation system. You just go to the front of the line and when they open the door, they will call for "camp" visitors first. As far as it closing...I haven't heard anything about that and I go every Sat and Sun...but as with all things in this unpredictable prison life...ya never know!

Hope this helps
Old 02-13-2012, 05:05 PM

I did get to go visit this weekend! My honey was actually moved to an area where he was allowed visitors so I'm still not sure if "fish" get visits. I'm ok now though. It was really nice to see and touch my honey this weekend. It seems like it's been forever. Thanks for the update about camp. I saw the process a little and asked the guard what was different. He seemed to be a little nicer when I said he'd be going to camp.... I sure can't wait - this visiting area is so crowded! Kinda like a zoo! lol. Thanks again for responding.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM

I'm on my lasts name but wanted to let u all know that inmates housed on fishrow do not get visits or packages so don't cause yourself the pain of going and finding out the hard way. The fishrow process is usually anywhere from seven to ten days after that they move to main line where they can get visits. Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:31 AM

I meant my Ladys profile
Old 03-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Weathering the storm

Has anyone heard of packages getting cut off for the month of April because if the riot.

Where do I go to order a package?

Genuine friends are there to hold you down & weather the storm.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:49 PM
*Forever Faithful*

Default Not closed as of now.. 5/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard217 View Post
Good morning Ladies, I have some questions.

My husband is currently at CSP-SAC. He may be transferred to FSP within the next few months. I heard a rumor that the 'camp' (min. support) at FSP may be closing soon... Like I said, this was just a 'rumor' that one of the CO's mentioned last weekend. Has anybody else (who has a loved one in FSP min support) heard anything of the sort?

Can you tell me what the process of visiting is like? I've gathered that you have to make an appointment online. Do these appointments book fast? What is the "trick"? After you make the appointment, what is the visiting day process like?

I'm just trying to get a head start on what I might be looking forward to. Any help is appreciated.

My MR. is there now and he hasnt said anything about it closing anytime soon. they have him working yard work outside and its all dorm living.. i havent heard of it closing....

Old 05-30-2012, 05:53 PM
*Forever Faithful*

Default visits..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicross View Post
Howdy,

My husband is at the camp...you heard correctly in that the camp visitors do NOT have to use the reservation system. You just go to the front of the line and when they open the door, they will call for "camp" visitors first. As far as it closing...I haven't heard anything about that and I go every Sat and Sun...but as with all things in this unpredictable prison life...ya never know!

Hope this helps
My Mr. just got moved to the "Camp" and i plan on going to visit him in the next week or two. but i was told I have to schedule and appointment online, first come first serve. Im driving from 5 hours away. so I wanna make sure I can visit.. do I still make an apt. if he's in camp?

Old 05-31-2012, 01:18 PM

No.. camp visits does not require appointments. Appointments are only for behind the wall visits. Good luck and enjoy your visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbyrae View Post
My Mr. just got moved to the "Camp" and i plan on going to visit him in the next week or two. but i was told I have to schedule and appointment online, first come first serve. Im driving from 5 hours away. so I wanna make sure I can visit.. do I still make an apt. if he's in camp?
Old 09-14-2012, 06:44 AM
THEWIFEY02

what's the different between the camp and behind the wall my dude just arrive there do I have to wait till he call then. he will tell me what side? ??
Old 09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Mrs Hampton

With behind the wall you need an appointment make sure you make your appointment one week before you go visit online at 12 midnite sharp appointments go fast for camp you don't need an appt they call those visitors first
Old 09-14-2012, 10:10 PM
THEWIFEY02

okay I have to ask him what side ..all I know he called from old Folsom
Old 09-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Mrs Hampton

Yea just ask him my hubby been at old folsom since april ive been up there a few times i go visit every other month or every 2 mos bcuz i live 6 hrs away we just got married up there last week
Old 09-16-2012, 12:40 AM

Default How long do they stay in the hole at Folsom State Prison for a fight?

I haven't got mail n worried
Old 09-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Mrs Hampton

Im not sure about the hole i know they were on lock down due to a riot but you should still get your mail he can still get visits to
Old 09-21-2012, 12:32 PM

My husband may be transfered here within two months. Does he still have to go to reception? Do they have frequent lockdowns? just trying to prepare myself.

Last edited by Mrs. Happy; 09-21-2012 at 12:37 PM..
Old 09-21-2012, 06:02 PM

Default Help regarding housing unit/building #; A.S.A.P. visiting this weekend

Good afternoon ladies; first time dealing w/the whole prison system so my apologies in advance if I'm posting my question in the wrong thread and also w/writing such a long message but having this real uneasy/sickening feeling not knowing and so would really appreciate any help and answers. I've been calling the prison for the past 2 hours but not able to actually get anyone on the line; figuring since it's Friday afternoon, less likely that anyone answers the phone.

This weekend will be my 1st time visiting Old Folsom to see my brother and drove over 400 miles from L.A. this morning and checked into a hotel near the prison for the visit.
Once I got here I wanted to check the lockdown status to see if anything changed since last night and this morning before I left, it showed that all inmates were allowed visits.

The status has changed though and its now showing that all inmates housed in Unit Two, B-Side, Tiers 2, 3, 4 are on Medical Quarantine so will not receive visits.

My confusion lies in the way my brother had wrote the return address w/ the last 2 letters I received once he got off orientation and not having a clear understanding w/which housing unit and building he's in.

The 1st letter he sent telling me he got mainlined which was last week; he put down for the return address as Unit 1- B2** (** are meant to be numbers & not including the two #'s he wrote but assuming the last two #'s are the inmate's bunk #?)

Now the 2nd letter I received which was this week; he put down 3-B2-** which is different from the previous week.

Does anyone know if the 3 is the building/unit number or if B2 is the unit/building number?

My fear is that I drove all this way and won't be allowed to see him tomorrow and this Sunday w/him being part of the Medical Quarantine and feeling helpless that I'm clueless w/what building or unit he's in w/the way he wrote 3-B2-**
Old 09-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Ladii Loce 4ever

He is in building 3 B2 is his tier# like my man is B2B2 He is under the. Quarantine ur good but I knw if u call now and press 10 a operator answers Idk if they will have housing info r not they might have a list. Hope this helps

Old 09-22-2012, 12:47 AM

A big ladydan2012 for replying. I did call the operator (did not know you can press 10 & get an operator so also really appreciate you letting me know) but was unable to get information when it comes to housing.

Somewhat restless & having a hard time sleeping which isn't so great since I didn't sleep last night so I could get a early start at 5am w/the drive here so feeling like.....

Have a 7am visiting appointment tomorrow so can only hope it all pans out and able to see my brother; this is the 1st contact visit w/him along w/it being the 1st time for me to visit a state prison so definitely anxious. Had been looking forward for so long to have a visit that was longer than a hour and w/out a glass wall between us and really hope that I'm able to see him tomorrow.

I'm glad that I found this forum and really appreciate that there are people like you that do try to provide information and take the time to help others. Thanks so much again!
The Following User Says Thank You to False_Justice For This Useful Post:
ladydan2012 (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Ladii Loce 4ever

I hope that I was able to visit & enjoy your brothers company

Old 11-17-2012, 09:30 PM

Default First time visiting Old Folsom

I hope Im not posting to wrong thread, if so please point me in the right direction. Im going to visit my man in December. I live 6 hours away. I've never been to Folsom before, I just know its Old Folsom. I know we need to make appointments ! week in advance and its best to just wear black clothes since everything else seems to be banned from what I've read. So, what time should I arrive on the grounds for instance if my appointment is in the morning? Do we bring money too? Is there limit? Can we bring pictures. How long is the wait typically? Sorry for all the questions, I have read the guide lines from visiting form, but I want the real scoop by people who I can talk to that have visited. Thank you for your assistance.
Closed Thread