Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Folsom State Prison, located in Represa, California.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 AM

Does anybody know how I would go about donating coffee, creamer, plates, etc. to the Old Folsom Ranch Visiting area? Do I just take the new purchased products in with me to visit or do I need to send them through the mail? ... Please advise.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 06:13 PM
*Forever Faithful*

Yup. my Mr. is at Old Folsom. Hes in the camp... has anyone gotten a phone call today?? or know if the phones are on and working?

Old 06-05-2012, 06:24 PM
*Forever Faithful*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinayluv78 View Post
I was just wondering how many people on this site have a loved one at FSP... why isn't there a link for old folsom?
Yup. my Mr. is in old folsom, house in the "camp" tho. has anyone visited the camp? how does it work.. headed down there this weekend for our first contact visit

Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 PM
*Forever Faithful*

my mr is in old folsom. in the camp. had anyone visited in the camp? any tips or do you know how it works? im headed down there with weekend to our first contact visit <3 2 mothes til our baby girl arrives, and 6 monthes til hes home <3

Old 06-07-2012, 11:32 AM

Shelby, I replied to this question under the link you started "anyone going to camp". Hope it helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbyrae View Post
my mr is in old folsom. in the camp. had anyone visited in the camp? any tips or do you know how it works? im headed down there with weekend to our first contact visit <3 2 mothes til our baby girl arrives, and 6 monthes til hes home <3

The Following User Says Thank You to lizard217 For This Useful Post:
Shelbyrae (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 10:40 PM
*Forever Faithful*

I tried to follow this link and it has been removed or somthing.. do you have any tips for camp visits??? i have a dark grey over coat i wanted to wear over my black shirt.. do you think it will get in?? thank you. xoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoran916 View Post
Hello and welcome I remember being confused when my husband first got there too! LOL So don’t worry The prisons are only like 1 min apart so it's easy to get them mixed up....lol.

There are up's and down's to visiting at FSP-From personal experience I have never waited less than 2 1/2 hours to be processed in but on the up side..once in you are pretty much free to sit wherever, walk around and they let you sneak in a few extra hugs and kisses during the visit hehe.

Here is a VERY informational post that Z's wifey posted about visiting! It sure did help me when I was a newbie (thanks girl)

Check it out and if you need any more info please let us know!!

Take care!

Jenn

Old 07-10-2012, 12:57 PM
*Forever Faithful*

who else has there mr. getting out in Dec?? anyone know how the clothing think works, can i send him whatever kind of clothes to be relased in, or are there restistions? do i have to order from an online company or can i just send them in myself??

Old 07-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Ladii Loce 4ever

He has to send you a dress out paper that he has to get from the CO & it will tell what u can and can't send. You also have to fill out the top portion of that paper he sends you & tape it to the top of the box and you also have to write his CDC # & the words "DRESSOUTS" all over the box. And the dressouts has to be at the prison 30 days before his release date so just ask him to send you the dressout form. I hope that this helped! Congratulations on your up coming release

Last edited by ladydan2012; 07-23-2012 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-06-2012, 07:23 AM

Would anyone happen to know the city/state code for Old Folsom cause I'm trying to send my husband some money through western union...
Old 08-06-2012, 11:07 AM

City, state, and zipcodes are: Represa, CA 95671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue 627 View Post
Would anyone happen to know the city/state code for Old Folsom cause I'm trying to send my husband some money through western union...

Old 09-06-2012, 05:04 PM

Hi all, my friends husband is in Old Folsom recently sent there and we have a few questions hopefully someone could answer them grately apreciated.
1) how long does it usually take to get approved for visiting?
2)when approved how does one make an appointment for the visiting?
Any answeres are grately apreciated!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STILL WAITING<3 View Post
Hi all, my friends husband is in Old Folsom recently sent there and we have a few questions hopefully someone could answer them grately apreciated.
1) how long does it usually take to get approved for visiting?
2)when approved how does one make an appointment for the visiting?
Any answeres are grately apreciated!

They are on Fish Row for about 2 weeks (mine transferred about 4 months ago and that's how long it took)

If you are already an approved visitor you can visit as soon as he gets off fish row. You can call to see when he's expected to get moved if your travels are far.
The Following User Says Thank You to chased For This Useful Post:
STILL WAITING<3 (09-08-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 11:48 AM

Default re: Visiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
They are on Fish Row for about 2 weeks (mine transferred about 4 months ago and that's how long it took)

If you are already an approved visitor you can visit as soon as he gets off fish row. You can call to see when he's expected to get moved if your travels are far.
I was approved to visit my guy at Wasco. Does that count for Folsom too? He just sent me a visitor form but I dont know the address to send it back to. As with Wasco there was a visitor dept., but every time I call Folsom I get no human in visiting dept. to get address to send the form in to!!! Please help!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Ladii Loce 4ever

If your approved at wasco your approved everywhere he goes but to be on the safe side you cand send it there as well this is how your envolope should be adressed:

ATTENTION VISITING SERGENT
P.O. Box 715071
Represa, CA 95671
I hope this helped you hoping you get a speedy approval!

Old 09-21-2012, 12:39 PM

I though this was old Folsom? What prison is old folsom?

Old 09-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Ladii Loce 4ever

I'm not understanding ur question! Old Folsom is the prison Folsom is in Repress CA which is a lil city inside the city of Folsom. I'm saying if ur approved @ wasco that previous visiting form follows himto whatever prison he go to

Old 10-02-2012, 01:21 PM

Question Question/Concern about MWI (Pen Pals)

Thank you to those of you have written about your experiences.
I went to the MWI Thread and from what I can see, the last post on there was in March of this year. (Really???)

So I have a few concerns/questions....I'm a little frustated, beings that this will now be the 3rd time posting this. Maybe you ladies can help me out...

If you tell your pen pal you could help him out once in awhile, and the next letter asks you for a package (they were on lockdown. Hadn't worked so had no snacks or anything) should that be a red flag? Or seriously asking for help?

We had written to each other about 4 - 5 times. Great letters too. He is very polite, gives me good advice on things, and seems to be open and honest.

About a week and a half later, when the package had not shown up, he was worried that the Order Sheet with the items they wanted didn't show up. He thought maybe the co's took it out. Then he told me that they just went back on LD and how much they needed those items. (About a $50 order)

Please any advise. I really wanted a friend whom I hopefully could make smile, and make me smile too. Find some things in common. To reach out and give back what so freely what has been given me.

Everybody needs to know they are cared for in some way. Writing letters, sending pictures, stationary, pre-stamped envelopes and care is why I do this. It feels good to help those who truely have less than me. They are good people.

Please, any advise, concern or opinion on this issue of mine, will be taken with an open mind.

May God Bless You and Yours,
Terrific !!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 AM

I'm trying to put collect calls on my phone and I have no idea where to start.. I NEED HELP PLEASE!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Ladii Loce 4ever

CALL Global Tel-link &1-888-650-4249 set up your account will set up your account u will have to FAX over a copy of a utility bill & your phone bill with your name & address on them both. And you will be able to receiveyour calls in the next day r two...

Last edited by ladydan2012; 10-03-2012 at 10:05 PM..
Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrifictina View Post
Thank you to those of you have written about your experiences.
I went to the MWI Thread and from what I can see, the last post on there was in March of this year. (Really???)

So I have a few concerns/questions....I'm a little frustated, beings that this will now be the 3rd time posting this. Maybe you ladies can help me out...

If you tell your pen pal you could help him out once in awhile, and the next letter asks you for a package (they were on lockdown. Hadn't worked so had no snacks or anything) should that be a red flag? Or seriously asking for help?

We had written to each other about 4 - 5 times. Great letters too. He is very polite, gives me good advice on things, and seems to be open and honest.

About a week and a half later, when the package had not shown up, he was worried that the Order Sheet with the items they wanted didn't show up. He thought maybe the co's took it out. Then he told me that they just went back on LD and how much they needed those items. (About a $50 order)

Please any advise. I really wanted a friend whom I hopefully could make smile, and make me smile too. Find some things in common. To reach out and give back what so freely what has been given me.

Everybody needs to know they are cared for in some way. Writing letters, sending pictures, stationary, pre-stamped envelopes and care is why I do this. It feels good to help those who truely have less than me. They are good people.

Please, any advise, concern or opinion on this issue of mine, will be taken with an open mind.

May God Bless You and Yours,
Terrific !!
A week and a half barely seems like enough time to process one of those orders. You should get email confirmation as to when the order is placed and when it is shipped.
From that point, it is all up to the folks handling mail at the facility.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chased For This Useful Post:
ladydan2012 (10-06-2012), terrifictina (10-08-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 AM

Red face Using me?

What about the part about him asking for a package? Is that a bad thing?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM

who ever you placed the order with should provide you with the following:

1) your order number/confirmation
2) should let you know when it shipped

I pre-ordered my man's package for the 4th quarter, it went out on Oct. 3rd and he had it in his possession on Saturday - Oct. 6th. I was impressed!

If none of that works, you can always call R&R
The Following User Says Thank You to PinkieCA For This Useful Post:
terrifictina (10-10-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 PM

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrifictina View Post
What about the part about him asking for a package? Is that a bad thing?
I'm probably not the one to be answering your question since I don't write to anyone but my son in prison. I am just a mom, after all, but since no one has answered your question about being asked to send a package I'll give it a try. Gathering from what you've written so far, I understand that you did send a $50 package which he hasn't received yet. Sometimes it takes a while for the order to get processed and shipped to the prison. Then it's up to receiving at the prison as to when they let the inmates have the package. Sometimes it takes several weeks from the time it shipped from the vendor until my son receives it. Also, if the package has arrived at the prison but they are on lockdown, the inmates won't get the package until the lockdown is over.

As far as the part about him asking for a package, my instincts tell me that 4 or 5 letters aren't enough for him to ask that of you. I don't think sending stamps, etc. is such a big deal, but a package is a much larger investment of your money and your time. You can't know for sure - especially after only a few letters - whether he is taking advantage of you or not. You sound like a compassionate and empathetic woman and I truly admire that, but I would be cautious about moving too fast. I wouldn't want him to be playing on your sympathies. My son has told me that there are a lot of inmates who lead women on in order to get what they want. I wouldn't want that to happen to you! Please be careful and move slowly!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
chased (10-28-2012), PinkieCA (10-09-2012), terrifictina (10-10-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 PM
THEWIFEY02

they told my man he qualified for milestone. credits does anyone know anything about it? ? he was saying his release date should change ....any info? ???
Old 10-09-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEWIFE02 View Post
they told my man he qualified for milestone. credits does anyone know anything about it? ? he was saying his release date should change ....any info? ???
Lucky you!

yes, it means that based on his behavior and "what good he does in programs, works, volunteering, etc...." that he can get weeks/months knocked off his sentence. I wish my hubby was Oked for that - he'd almost be home instead of having 3.5 years to wait... If getting out earlier to be home with you isn't enough incentive to keep him doing good/not getting in trouble, I don't know what is! Feel fortunate