Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:36 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisyninja View Post
I finally decided to surf this thread and discovered that I don't have a post in here.

We live in the suburbs, we have a house on a quiet street in a quiet town. We pay our taxes, donate to charities, vote in elections and are well liked by most people we meet. She's got a fiery personality and a wild sense of humor, I'm a bit more reserved. We have a nice balance though. We have two dogs, but no children of our own. We plan to fix that once she's home. We like to spend time with friends, play board and card games, drink a little. We're both creative (and in creative jobs), and we dabble in painting, drawing, writing and music.
Welcome to PTO and to the W&G forum, noisyninja.
I'm glad you decided to post (repost?) in here.
You see, just like you said in the quote above, we are all really pretty normal, good hearted people. We're all going through a very difficult trial in our lives...together.
Prison happens to good people too, it doesn't discriminate just 'cause someone goes to church, donates to charities, owns a home with a picket fence, 2.5 kids, 2 cats in the yard (Thank you Crosby, Stills and Nash )... etc.
I hope you find the comfort and support here that PTO has brought to me and so many others.

Peace & Blessings,
~GG~
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2008, 07:01 PM

Matthew,
One of the things that our loved one serving a prison sentence teaches us is that we are all stronger than we ever thought.

Heck, sometimes I feel strong enough to whip the A** of a rabid gerbil!!!

You will get through this, and you're getting ready to meet some amazing people here!!!

Tahnzie

Old 10-10-2008, 11:13 AM
jEFF

Cool So Is my Girfriend

My girfriend is also sentenced to Lowell CI,. Like what Nick said, she is my bestfriend, my soulmate, my heart and my equal. I sometimes can't bare the days without her. I found this web-site by accident and I am glad to join. Because I am new, I am having difficulty navigating all the blogs and such. Any suggestions would help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3369 View Post
My girlfriend is stuck in Lowell CI in Florida. She is my girlfriend, my best friend, my soulmate, my heart, and all of the above! She got sent to the hole, and I found PTO while searching for information about that kind of situation. The people in this forum are truly genuine and have been a godsend to me and my sanity during this ordeal. In 4 years of incarceration, I've never known anyone that was sharing the same experience that I am. Thank you all!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:16 AM
jEFF

Krummy,

I am new to this site and am having trouble navigating the site, can you help?
Also, why does mail take so long to get to a loved one being held in prison. My girfriend is in Lowell Annex in Ocala FL and I live in Panama City beach, FL. The letters take 2 days by USPS, but she still has not received them. I have mailed over a dozen plus since last week.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
just a baby mamma

Thanked 1,131 Times in 627 Posts

Jf~ welcome to pto mail is slow once it reaches the facility, and then they have to read every letter
Old 10-10-2008, 01:48 PM

Since all the others are reposting, her I goes.

Cassy and I have known each other for over a year. We had lost contact for about 5 months. We sw each other in January of this year and started talking and hanging out as we could. In February, I had surgery, and she went back to Indiana to address her legal issues which were a couple of years old.

When she arrvied at Court, she was promptly locked up by the judge. Then began the five month process of her sentencing. Finally, at the end of June she was released to home detetion in Indiana. This time has been trying for both of us. We have had our good moments an our bad moments. The most important thing though has been our constant communication. We have grown so much closer because of it.

The last time I saw her was on July 4th. We spent a wonderful weekend getting to no each other even better than before. My next scheduled visit is December 30. This week we paid the lawyer to take the case to court to see if the rest of the house arrest can be dismissed. It is actually set to end on 3-31-09. If it gets dismissed, she will then transfer her probation out to Arizona and we can begin our life together.

Much like Nick and his girl, Cassy and I are soul mates. We know each very well.

While there is life, there is time.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,641 Posts

jeff, welcome to pto. im not sure if you addressed your question in another thread or if you found your answer yet but mail takes a day or two extra to get to them after it reaches the facility because its literature content is monitored (ya know, so they can see if theres any escape plan or gang activity in there) and then searched for contraband (drugs). alot of facilities don't deliver mail to inmates on the weekend or monday. where my boyfriend is the COs dont deliver inmate mail on sunday or monday.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:37 PM

Welcome, Jeff, to our corner of PTO! I'm sorry that you had to come here, but you'll get some great support from the guys and gals here. You'll find that we're lighthearted (or lightheaded), a little goofy, quick to crack a joke, but always ready to lend an ear (so to speak) to you when you have a question or just need to vent.

I've been out of town so I just now saw your post. Everyone is right on about the mail. They have to open and read every piece of mail that comes in. The mail is slow to reach our loved ones, especially in a facility as big as Lowell. It may be a large amount of mail, or idiots in the mailroom, or a combination of the two; but it may take as long as a week for your mail to reach your girlfriend.

For any other questions you have about PTO or about Florida, please feel free to PM (private message) me.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:32 PM

Jeff,

I think you will find we all go through the same things, sometimes at the same time ans sometimes we cycle after each other. No matter what, we are here for each other. This site has been a big support for me, Wish I would have found it while she was inside, I ould have saved a shit ton of money on phone calls. We all ahve been through or are going through what you are.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:17 AM

Default Late introduction

Wow, I realize I've never formally introduced myself, so here ya go.

I go by Twisted4good, even most of my friends refer to me as Twisted. I play guitar in a local rock/metal band who isn't anywhere near big...just 4 good friends trying to have fun and make money doing it. I consider myself a hopeless romantic, and do alot of lyric and poetry writing.

I met my love Nicole at a show while I was still with my now ex, whom I split up with after five years, to be with Nicole. I knew after the first week I met her, and before I ended things with my ex, that she would eventually be serving time, though at the time we didn't know when she'd be incarcerated. We had 4 amazing months together before she was locked up.

On Oct. 9th 2008 Nicole got sentenced to 18 months due to involvement in a federal narcotic investigation. In a nutshell, she got shafted. I do feel she deserved punishment for her involvement, but I feel as though her sentence was a bit drastic.

I feel in my heart that Nicole and I met for a reason, and a "higher power" put us together, because she needed this time to straighten her life out, and I needed something like this in my life to regain my appreciation for life in general.

Nicole is an amazing person, and much like me, she likes to be the center of attention, and the life of the party. We are both very out-going, and even more fun loving.

Now that she has been locked up for a little over a month(40 days), and is now at Alderson WV, alot of questions have been answered. I know now that her projected release date is 1-27-2010, and she'll know in a few more weeks how much time in a HWH she'll get or possibly even house arrest or early release. Her counselors told her that if everything goes right she could be out as early as Oct. of next year, although neither of us are getting our hopes up.

This expierience has humbled me to an extent I never thought possible, being in a band I "was" into the party scene which mainly included alot of drinking and weed. That however, is now in the past. After seeing what drugs can take away, and what it can indirectly do to loved ones...Though I've never considered myself an addict in anyway, I am proud to admit I've been drug free for 6 months, and no longer drink anything like I used to. Thus the reason I say me and Nicole both needed this "higher power" to intervene. I am still on the rollercoaster of emotions that dealing with a loved one being locked up puts one through, but I do feel as if I'm making progress to letting it be what its got to be.

I'm so glad that I swallowed my pride and joined PTO for the support and help. Thank you to everyone who has been there for me, and I hope that I can be as much help for others as some have been for me.

Adversity...Much like a flame, its melts the weak, but tempers the strong.

Determination...Because a diamond is simply coal that never gave up.

"It won't be long...we'll meet again...my love for you is everlasting."---Rose of Sharyn by Killswitch Engage
Old 03-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Funky... I can set this!

Hi Everyone, I'm new to PTO and I hope to make this forum a frequent haunt of mine. I have a friend in prison, (MWI) and we're becoming closer. I found PTO on some kind of google search while I was looking for general information as I'm totally new to this but signed up to talk with people in similar situations etc!
Old 03-29-2009, 03:06 PM

Welcome, this is by far the best part of PTO. The guys are great, and the ladies who frequent here always bring a new and fresh perspective to life.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:33 PM
AZ Husband of a TX inmate

Hey jmf, welcome to PTO and The W&G forum. You've come to the best place for support and information.
"Husbands, take good care of your wives. They are weaker than you. So treat them with respect. Honor them as those who will share with you the gracious gift of life. Then nothing will stand in the way of your prayers."

Old 03-30-2009, 07:06 PM
BIGBURT

jmf - I would also like to welcome you to PTO and our little corner the W&G forum. I also found PTO doing a Goggle search. The guys & always welcomed ladies make this my favorite part of PTO. Once again I welcome you to our corner of PTO.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:50 PM

Welcome to PTO, jmf! Thank God for Google Lol! It brought me here at a time when I was at my weakest, and these guys and gals here helped me (and are helping me) get through extremely tough times!

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:47 PM

Default Wife now in prison

Hi everyone. Just found this site on Google, so I'm posting my story. My wife is in prison for 17 counts of theft by taking and 3 counts of 2nd degree forgery. She was the unfortunate victim of being an Office Manager for two Plastic Surgeons and things went on in the office where she ended up being the 'fall' guy when finances were messed up. Never mind the doctors bought planes, priceless works of art, ATVs for the kids, and supported multiple wives through their practice. What's the world coming to?

She was sentenced to seven years but also with the first offender statute in GA, so hopefully she won't have to serve that long. Our two daughters I think are hurting the most, but we're managing through.

Thanks for listening.
The Following User Says Thank You to SleeplesNBogart For This Useful Post:
WifejailedinAZ (05-30-2009)
Old 05-29-2009, 09:08 PM

Thanked 4,003 Times in 906 Posts

Welcome aboard. Sorry for the circumstances that brought you here but you and your family are not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplesNBogart View Post
What's the world coming to?
For the record, the world is not coming to anything - it arrived a long time ago but no one notices until it happens to them.

Hang in there, and again, welcome.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:46 PM

Default What brought me here...

The girl I love is incarcerated for five more months and I'm looking for support and help with questions I have, thanks to all of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krummy View Post
Welcome to the Wives & Girlfriends Forum

This is one of the fastest growing forums on PTO, thanks to a lot of great guys and gals. We have our serious moments but also keep it light with humor and a little nonsense. Please take this moment to introduce yourself to our little corner. Tell us something about yourself, what brought you to PTO, and anything you would like to share. Welcome one and all and come back to see us.

The Following User Says Thank You to missmygirl For This Useful Post:
WifejailedinAZ (06-06-2009)
Old 06-06-2009, 07:20 PM
AZ Husband of a TX inmate

Default Welcome to the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmygirl View Post
The girl I love is incarcerated for five more months and I'm looking for support and help with questions I have, thanks to all of you...
Like the rest of us here in the W&G forum, we know how you feel, and by the grace of God have made our way here. We're a huge family sharinga common thread. I am sorry that we have too meet here, but here is where answers, comfort and knowing you are not alone all begins.
"Husbands, take good care of your wives. They are weaker than you. So treat them with respect. Honor them as those who will share with you the gracious gift of life. Then nothing will stand in the way of your prayers."

The Following User Says Thank You to WifejailedinAZ For This Useful Post:
RobinsMan (06-08-2009)
Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 PM

Default Hi i just found this wives and girlfriends yesterday.

hi, my fiance' just got to taycheedah yesterday. she is in for failing a drug test last year. no one really knows how long she will be in for -this is her first time in prison,i know she sat for 2 1/2 months last year. i hope someone can give me some advise or info on some things that are on my mind.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:19 PM

Am new here and just am amazed at all the info I have found. My girlfriend was sentenced to 2 years at ORW in Marysville, OH. Its definately a change for me not having her here with me but am getting through it. All we can do is hope for the best for our Ladies and support them through this tough time!!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:37 AM
Alan

Default Hi all

My name is Alan, my wife, Kay, is in a county jail, has been for 38 days now. We just got news that the judge agreed that with a guilty plea she will not MDOC prison time, so the most she can get is 1 year in County jail. This was her 3rd DUI (Felony in Michigan, possible up to 5yr sentence), involved a car accident... She had been sober for over 10 years, slipped up last summer after her mom passed away and got her 2nd DUI, but only got two years probation.. .the DUI 3rd, this past May got her 6 months for a probation violation and the felony charge... Sentencing is September 17th. We have a four year old, my wife was a stay at home mom...

Anyway, it's great to find a place that has other people that know what we're going though.

Alan
Old 09-08-2009, 06:05 AM

Thanked 4,963 Times in 2,974 Posts

A belated welcome to you both. Alan, I've been down a similar road with the DWI's as that was what my wife did time for in Texas. I hope your wife gets through this quickly and safely with lessons learned and gets back home with those kiddos.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Donation Award 

Hey all. Been here since July but just NOW noticed the Wives & Girlfriends forum. I've had my head buried in the PTO-Texas forum for quite some time. Nice to see another forum I can relate to as well. RobinsMan, good to see a fellow Texan here. See y'all on the boards. Thanks for listening

D13
Old 12-19-2009, 09:07 AM

I am the dad of a soon to be incarcerated daughter (she just had my first grandchild, and the judge has given her 90 days to bond. We've appealed the sentence only as a strategy to delay incarceration so mother/daughter bonding can be longer). I have written to a female prisoner at FMC, Carswell in Ft Worth, TX for some insight into how my daughter should prepare and what's in store. This penpal and I have become very close over the months. Amazing how powerful written and phone communication can be - never having met fact-to-face. I just want her out now, so we can continue our wonderful relationship. So I am a Dad and a penpal of women either incarcerated or soon to be. I found this forum recently and what a goldmine. Thanks for being here.
penpal_dad