Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:05 AM

Default info on Big Spring, Texas please

Hi,

My husband has been designated to Big Spring and I was just wondering if anyone has a loved one there that might share with me any info.
I will be traveling about 1500 miles to see him so any visiting info would be great as well as places to stay while there.
Also just any general info on the prison itself would help me too.

Thanks in advance,

Susan
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 PM
I am back yet again

PM me if you have more questions...my honey is in Big Spring, TX...Do you know what facility he will be in they have a FCI and Camp along with Cornell Corrections...it's a private prison that houses mainly immigrants who will be deported once their time is up. We just visited over Christmas. Big Sping is a very small town. It's about 40 mintues form Midland, TX. The airport is in Midland. We stayed in Midland at the Hampton Inn, kind of expensive..but i like to feel safe and stay somewhere that has breakfast and somewhere that is close to other things to do. Again if you stay in Midland the drive is about 40 min. It goes by fast though. Midland has more things to do then Big Spring as far as eating and shopping. Let me know if you have any other questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamenough For This Useful Post:
lovejvfm (01-14-2013)
Old 01-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Finally Free!

I used to live in Midland & have visited several times to the low in Big Spring. If you have any questions about the area, just pm me. Like Mandy said...Big Spring's pretty small, but they have a few hotels. There are bigger hotel chains in Midland plus shopping, movies, etc. to take up extra time.

The only time you can visit more than just Saturday & Sunday is when there is a federal holiday connected to the weekend. For example, Memorial Day is a Monday, so you can visit 3 days then. If you're coming 1500 miles, you'd want to visit as many days in a row as possible.

Midland has an international airport & there are 3 major airlines that fly in there (Southwest, American & Continental).

If you need more, just holler. I can put you in touch with the Midland Chamber & they have a visitor's bureau there. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to sandra8376 For This Useful Post:
lovejvfm (01-14-2013)
Old 01-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

Just a reminder to folks - if the information you have about a certain area is not real personal in nature - just have the person post their questions here and answer them in the open forum - as then it helps other people as well! And people who might do a search for information three months from now. If you want to connect with someone on a personal basis, by all means use the PM to do that. But general information about the facility and surrounding area, motels, etc. - let 'er rip! Z.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
lovejvfm (01-16-2013)
Old 01-30-2007, 02:29 PM
I am back yet again

Z where is the open forum? Or what is it?
Old 01-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

I meant this forum! LOL! Open to everyone to read - rather than sending private messages. Z.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:42 PM
I am back yet again

oh ok....
Old 02-19-2007, 08:09 PM

If you don't want to shop or be out on the town, Big Spring does have Motel 6, Holiday InN Express and few others that are only 10 minutes away from the facilities, which is nice if you don't like having to drive to or from the visits once you are in town. It worked out nice for me since I drove early in morning to get there and was really exhausted by the time visits ended.

The girls are right though, Midland is nice for shopping and things to do.
lovejvfm (01-14-2013)