Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:27 PM

Default What's going on with the mail at Atwater Federal Prison?

does anyone know if atwater is slow at giving them their mail?
please someone help me figure out what is going on down there with the mail.
thankyou ........
gloria tucker
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2017, 12:02 PM

Hey guys my inmate is in usp atwater and I haven't gotten mail in over 3 weeks? I called and the lady told me there's only couple people that work in there and van take up to a month and half to get mail. Of course I'm worried about him, is he ok? She said they can't tell me anything except if he's still there, unless worse case he's dead. Yes she said it like that and my heart sank. I'm new to this and I don't know if this is normal or not. I have been getting mail like clock work up until december.

I'm going through the same thing right now when it wasn't before....idk it worries me

Last edited by patchouli; 01-04-2017 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Merged 2 consecutive posts rather than removing the 2nd one
The Following User Says Thank You to Waitingfor2021 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2017, 12:29 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,080 Times in 12,751 Posts

You did receive the normal bop response. Sometimes a prison chaplain will do a welfare check and tell you a little more, like he is OK.

1 1/2 months to receive a letter is BS, but everything slows down, or even stops, at the end of the year. Do you get phone calls or email? If not, have him sign up since they are both quicker than regular mail.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:13 PM

Default Slow mail

Thank you, yes this sucks. When she told me over a month and a half She was very rude to me. Its hard as I am new to the prison system and how this all works. Its obvious that these men and woman are nothing in their eyes. He lost phone privileges until February. I sent him a letter about email, so I can hopefully get that started. The last letter I got was December 20th......if I don't get something soon I will ask if chaplain can check on him. Def hate this and how they treat him and me thank for the help
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waitingfor2021 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-05-2017), Sarianna (01-05-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 08:29 PM

Yes they are incredibly slow at giving them their mail as well as sending their mail to you.