Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW HAMPSHIRE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NEW HAMPSHIRE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of New Hampshire - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, Visitation & Phones, mail and more

Old 02-12-2019, 01:47 PM

Question Parole board has extended my brothers max date

My brother had a parole violation hearing today 2/9/19. His max date is 4/3/19. The parole board on recommendation from his P.P.O. extended his sentence till 6/1/19. Is this legal/possible? I thought that where his sentence was imposed by a judge with a min./max date his max date was final. Should he not have to appear in front of a judge again for re-sentencing? I was under the impression that as long as no charges were picked up the max date was just that, "The Max Date". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2019, 07:51 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,029 Times in 16,156 Posts

Hi Crazycork, did your brother fail to report while on parole (abscond)? If so, his parole stopped and the time he was absconding doesn't count, hence its added to the max date.

If he didn't abscond, what was the violation?

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 03-26-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycork View Post
My brother had a parole violation hearing today 2/9/19. His max date is 4/3/19. The parole board on recommendation from his P.P.O. extended his sentence till 6/1/19. Is this legal/possible? I thought that where his sentence was imposed by a judge with a min./max date his max date was final. Should he not have to appear in front of a judge again for re-sentencing? I was under the impression that as long as no charges were picked up the max date was just that, "The Max Date". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I know i'm late replying the judge gave my fiance a min and a max date also i'm hoping for the minimal time for him to be in there which is a year max is a year and a half he just went in Jan 14 we have a way's to go.