Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 05-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,823 Times in 1,600 Posts
Question Which Iowa prison is your loved one at?

Please use this thread to post which prison your loved one is currently located at. Please do not use this thread for general discussion. It is meant to be a resource to help PTO members locate other members that have loved ones in the same prison, or close by. If you wish to discuss a particular Unit, please start a new thread in the forum.

Thanks,
Fed-X
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2003, 07:04 PM

I have a pen pal in Anamosa.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:49 AM

I have a very close friend in Clarinda.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:57 PM

I was in Mitchellville's women prison for 7 years.

My brother n law is in Oakdale, awaiting transfer.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:47 PM
A Child Blessed

My boyfriend is in Rockwell City.

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2004&month=1&day=13&offset=-1"></script> days before Aaron comes home! Eek! To God be the glory forever!
The Following User Says Thank You to lam422 For This Useful Post:
Whiterosemylove (10-23-2010)
Old 08-19-2003, 07:51 PM

My son spent 3 years at Mount Pleasant. He is on work release and will be off paper 9/27/03!!
Old 10-12-2003, 03:39 AM

John has been in Clarinda since May
Old 10-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Missing My "Dudie"

Hi Guys- well Im a bit closer to having a prision for ya, but not quite yet. He was sentnced today so I have to go thru the Oakdale bit yet, Im told he will be there in the next couple of days.
I do have a question for anyone that may beable to answer.
Bink asked if I would come visit him @ Oakdale. I told him I would if its allowed. I have heard that only family members were allowed, does anyone know???
Old 10-20-2003, 04:17 PM

If I remember (it's been 5 years) no one can during his .. oh I can't think of the word. It's were he gets all his shots and physical, mental, and educational exams. That takes 1-2 weeks. After that, he has to put you on his visitor's list and he sends you a form to fill out. They do a check on you and that takes 4-6weeks. They will let him know (they don't tell you) if you are approved or not. Then he lets you know.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Missing My "Dudie"

Thanks for the fast reply LadyDi. I figured as much, but wasnt absolutely positive. So he will send a form for visiting, while he is still at Oakdale, or when he is placed in the actual prision??

He did tell me about them checking me out, so I should be good to go, the only thing I have on my record was I spent 3 hours in jail one night (public intox) and a few no seatbelt and speeding tickets which all took place atleast 5-7 years ago.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:22 PM

Well I can answer this . Since John was at oakdale 7 monthes ago. Only family menber can visit wifes,parents, brothers,sisters. I didnt get to visit John tell he got moved to Clarinda. It really sucked not seeing him for 2 months. Thats the good thing now that he is at Clarinda. I get to visit him
Old 10-20-2003, 10:53 PM
Missing My "Dudie"

I I didnt think the non Family members couldnt visit, maybe I was hoping anyway I figured I would have to wait til beyond, And I still hope I get anamosa, its closest to me

So what about the phones there, do you remeber any of that, will he beable to use a prepaid card??
If so any idea how much it costs?
Old 10-21-2003, 12:30 PM

Heather, please do not hope for Ananmosa. It is the 2nd worstest prison in our state, Ft. Madison being the 1st. It is a hard tough prison.

There are no phone cards. If you go to the Iowa doc web site, there is a place you click on and can get a form to print out. You have to fill out this phone form and mail it to the address on the form along with your $20 (or more) money order (no checks if I remember and definitely no cash). If i remember correctly they even check on the # and address on the form to approve it , could be wrong about that. Anyway, this new system of you paying $20 minimum for phone calls is cheaper than when it use to be collect calls. For us, $20 gave us about 5 15min calls. He was at Mt. Pleasant and we are in Polk county. It will vary depending on where you/he is.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Missing My "Dudie"

Hi Lady- I only hope for anamosa because its closest to me. I dont think there are any good prisions. Ricky has been in both Fort Madison (John Beniot) and Anamosa. He told me that out of the 2 Anamosa was better, you had more freedom. And it is defiantely possible he wont get either. Clarinida sounds like it may be better than these 2, but its the farthest for me. Id rather he not go to any, but you know how that goes. Im not gonna worry about it to much, I cant control where he goes. And I dont feel too bad, since hes been in before, he already knows what hes is up against, and knows how to work himself. I hate it that this is not his first time in, but then again Im glad for that reason.
And anouther reason I want anamosa...Binks Mom has a friend there that has already served 20 and has quite a bit to go, he will help keep an eye on him, he did it before

All I know is, I want him, In, out and home. And this time never look back again. And I guarantee if he does....I will not stand by him again, all this is too hard to deal with.

Nice to know on the phones, I have a block on mine, it will not accept collect calls. And my other problem is, there is gonna be many times he wont beable to call direct to my home phoine as I am staying with my x husband for now, hopefully that will change soon, so I was hoping he could call my cell phone. Does anyone know if this is possible??
Old 10-21-2003, 01:06 PM

Cell phones are forbidden!! If they find out he is calling a cell phone there is a chance he will not be allowed to call you.
I'm told they do check on the #'s just like they do checks on people visiting. I think it's silly, not being able to call a cell #.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:12 PM
A Child Blessed

it's completely fine for him to put your cell number on his calling list. i only have a cell and that's all aaron calls.

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2004&month=1&day=13&offset=-1"></script> days before Aaron comes home! Eek! To God be the glory forever!
Old 10-21-2003, 01:13 PM
A Child Blessed

wow, i posted before i read your post di...

hm. i'm not sure what to think. do you think they don't know my number is a cell, or that they've changed the rules...

i'm going to have to investigate

Old 10-21-2003, 01:20 PM
A Child Blessed

here is the link to the order sheet http://www.doc.state.ia.us/Forms/Pre...oneService.PDF

and yes, di, you are right! cell numbers are prohibited, according to the bottom of the sheet. i could swear, though, that the form aaron originally sent me had that blacked out. i'll have to check tonight. i would not have used this system (my cell) for so long if i thought it wasn't permitted! eek.

Old 10-21-2003, 02:45 PM
Missing My "Dudie"

Wow guys, I guess maybe its a matter of which prision they are at huh? Oh my this may cause a big problem for me..

How bout this, are you allowed to put more than 1 number down?? I mean, could I put, home, cell and a friends? For instance could I put a friends number down, and then arrange that he call there at a certain day and time that I would be there?

BTW- Sherriff called his Mom again, he will be transferred to Oakdale today for sure, they wouldnt give a time though, I guess they are afraid you might try to hi jack them or something.

And ya know what else guys....Im glad we are moving Iowa forum around a bit

Lets keep it up!!
Old 10-21-2003, 04:17 PM

Heather, check out the link that lam422 put out for you. I really can't remember if it's one # per form or not.

You are fortunate that the sheriff even called his mom to tell him they were moving him. I'm really surprised they even let that out.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Missing My "Dudie"

Ok, i did check the form and it does look like only 1 number can be put on. Well I guess I'll just have to wait and hear it from him. so I know forsure the scoop.

When his mom called me she said that the Sherriff who called was a women, and that she explained they really weren't sapose to do it, She was nice i guess. She even gave her a 800# to call and ask questions...Here it is if anyone would need it, its direct to Oakdale.
1-800-247-6022

And about 3:45 this afternoon, I did get a call from his mom again,they called again telling her to have someone pick up his stuff, that means he is forsure gone.

He should Be in oakdale by now, now all i can do is sit and wait for another letter. All this waitting......... sheeesh
Old 10-22-2003, 02:21 AM
Missing My "Dudie"

Hey LadySoldier- You said on 8/10 your brother-in-law was in Oakdale..by now he should be placed?? Was just wondering what prision he ended up at?
Old 10-22-2003, 12:52 PM

Cool

How is every one this fine aftternoon? Heather you got lucky when they moved John to oakdale no was told tell polk county told his mom to pick up his stuff. When he got Moved to Clarinda his mom went down on a Friday to oakdale and she waited there for awhile before they told her they had moved him that Morning. On phone calls I think you can have more than one phone number. John has 3 numbers on his list. From east Des moines to Clarinda it costs me about $5.64 for the 15 min. Yea it says no cell phone on the sheet but if i know im not going to be home I have my calls forwarded to my cell. Before he was able to call i hade to get a block off my phone which sucked because that cost me $80.00 Im am so glad the calls are pre paid because if they wern't my phone bill would be a killer even though i spend about $120.OO a month in calls thank god for the over time at work are i coundn't send that much money. Hell I just wish he would get out of confinement so I can talk to him. The man that beat him up got released Sunday. Heck John didn't even hit the guy and he's got a worse punishment than the other guy :argh

Last edited by NightMagic; 10-22-2003 at 01:05 PM..
Old 10-22-2003, 01:24 PM
Missing My "Dudie"

Hi all-I still say I am so glad we are getting this Iowa forum moving, I spend a great deal of time looking at things. And the more we get imfo on here, the more our questions will be answered-specifically for us Iowans

I went to the Doc site (have been here a gazillion times already) And today his name came up, it doesnt tell me alot (im hoping more in the future) but its the 1st day it actually came up, which tells me he is forsure there (Oakdale).

I do have a question if anyone would know the answer.
Under physical description is says LFA-B:ALLAS any ideas what this means??? I always thought physical descipt was-height,weight, eye& hair color, tatoos ect.....It had nothing on any of that, just the letters above and his SS# (which I dont understand why that would be made public!?)

Tami- Jeez John is still in confinement!!!?? WTF! Again i agree Big B.S.!! Especially since the other guy is released now.I will hope he gets out soon!!!

As for how is my afternoon going- all I can say is I hate not knowing what is going on, I guess I need to learn more patience LOL Its still pretty tough when thats all ya think about, and I'll be glad when everything settles down. Unfortunately, I dont think Im gonna be too comfortable with all this tell until he is placed and I have every bit of the rules, everything squared away with the phone, mail and visits. Anyone else go thru this feeling??
Anyway, sorry so long, had to get alittle venting in

I'm waiting again
Old 10-22-2003, 01:46 PM

Well on the Doc websight All it saids about John is his name his age and what his is in for .The rest hasnt been filled out on his yet. Whats funny they have his wrong age on there. When they say something about tattoos, height .weight.scars i was surprise they didnt say any thing about his glass eye. Well Heather i know what you mean I feel lost every day. Since I cant talk to him the letters keep me up dated . An the visits mean so much to me. There are some days i just start crying on the drop of a hat. I miss him so much and i will be right there waiting at the gates when they let him out