Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:50 PM
"My Melissa"

My husband says that prison isn't what people say it is, that its "soft", yes at some prisons it happens but like one of the previous posters said the first time you are approched stand up for yourself, dont ever back down, even if you can't fight!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2006, 03:58 PM

WoW, that's all I can say!
Old 03-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Next parole...2014

I agree WOW...this has been a very interesting thread...I will always worry about my husband and his safety and well being...I personal don't think too many guys will admit to being raped anyways...my hubby did say it does happen in there, but you don't hear about too many rapes, there are some that are willing...it's not as out of control as TV (oz...yes i watch that show too). I also have an X that did 5 years also and he told me the same thing, you just gotta stand your ground and don't look like a punk...I also have a friend that is a CO and yes most of the time they do turn there heads or sometimes they can set it up too depending on the situation and reason...
Old 04-06-2006, 08:41 PM

Rape is very common in prisons. I have a criminal justice degree and I was taught by many previous CO's in the TDCJ system. Countless times they told us of cases. Of course your husbands and friends aren't going to admit to bein graped or seeing it. I was a probation officer for awhile and I can honestly tell you this from being in the DOC circle. Inmates are iether pitching or catching while being on lockdown.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Former Inmate

I was never Raped In prison But I have been sexualy asulted by one of the male CO's He says hen was seaching me for some controban but the search was to thuro for that

Happy when outside
Sad on the inside
Old 08-12-2006, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemspal
My pen pal is in Texas. He's been away for 12 years and has heard of one rape. There were still funny circumstances with that too. The guy that was supposedly raped was white, and the 3 "attackers" were bigger than him but my pal says that the story from the inmates is that it was concensual on all parties. One thing to note is that the person that was raped was mentally retarded. Now, my pal says that rape is not like they make it out in the movies. It's rare to hear about it. You just have to be firm with it if someone propositions you to say no thanks, I don't swing that way and say it with confidence.
how is the rape of a mentally handicapped person and the circumstances surrounding it funny? even if it was concentual?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brokenf For This Useful Post:
bratprince1313 (10-29-2011), NellaDeaux (02-24-2017)
Old 08-13-2006, 04:51 AM
Banned

Guys,

Does it occur to anyone that this VanHammersly guy, who has never written anything (this was his first and second post) comes out and asks about prison rape, encourages us for stories a second time, and never shows back up?

Um, I think we've been scammed. Yet the post has gone on for four pages...

As for the topic, master's thesis notwithstanding, there is no substitute for actually being there in prison. My experience - federal medium and camp, plus seg, is that it happens more as the security level goes up. Sex between inmates I'd guess at around 30%, although for some goofy reason they sometimes don't consider that gay (? on the DL or some crap).

Not taking any crap from other inmates helps, but you can overdo that too and get your butt kicked also. Strong and silent seems to be the right way to go about it.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:52 PM

I was in med sec prison and never saw a rape or heard of one occuring on the compound. Consentual sex was another thing altogether.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:38 AM

Exclamation Prison Rape

Remember this: ANYONE can be knocked out & raped, no matter what size you are. ANYONE can be ganged up on and raped. In my experience the latter is done, not for sex, but as a weapon. I can't count the number of men I know have been raped, over a dozen at least, myself included.
I was raped by 6 blacks, in the shower of a dormatory, I couldn't fight all of them, and none of the other white's would help. Why, you ask, because the white's were cowards. Even though there were more white's, the blacks ran the dormatory. It has taken me over 23 years, but 5 of those XXXXXX have paid dearly for it, and when I find the last one, he will pay as well.
Most of the time they will try and pressure/scare you into giving them what they want. Heres where u need to take action and break off about 6" of steel in one of em & presto they'll leave ya alone. Never back down, even if you can't win, you MUST stick up for youself, if you don't no one else will. Someone might step forward and tell ya, they will protect ya, but there's a price for that protection, ya gotta pay 1 way or another. You don't have to be big to survive in prison, you must be willing to protect you & yours, at ALL costs. Never show weakness, that will draw the AxxhXXXs to you, like sharks to blood.
In my experience, most blacks believe that if your young and white and in prison, your there because you want to have homosexual sex with them, not because your in for breaking the law. That statement may sound stupid to many, my sound racist, I don't care. I've done time in some of the toughtest prisons and thats the way they think.
1 time in Joliet, I had a black homosexual as a celly, name was (get this) Traci. He/she made her own Girl clothes, make-up, etc. I got tired of her presence in my cell and set her on Fire, got 7 days in the hole for that. What got me was, Guys that were calling the shots for a couple of gangs stood in front of my cell and faught over Traci (a man), to see who was gonna be her MAN. You could see em swapping spit on the yard and stuff. These guys would then walk around the prison acting like they were bad asses, and kissing on their woman folk when they come to visit.
As for Protective Custody, Theres no such thing. If you go to PC you will be branded and not in a good way. If someone's in PC and someone else wants to get to you they can. All they have to do is check in themselves, get ya and sign out or go to lockup. Stay out of PC, everything you do will follow you and be there if you ever return. Prison is a enclosed society, many men are there for a long time and remember you if you ever come back. Be strong, take to crap, fight, and remember, Kindness is viewed as a weakness to be exploited.
J.R.
The Following User Says Thank You to NghtHawk For This Useful Post:
Star17 (12-05-2008)
Old 09-21-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Sorry Nghthawk

I don't believe the part of your story about you X-ing all the black guys but one. Nor do I believe the part of you "setting someone on fire", unless it was to light a match and stick it up to their skin because their were irritating you. It just sounds like bravado talking and embellishing the story trying to make the events sound more dramatic then they were. There are over 55 jail/prisons in the state of California. They are not all alike and that goes for the rest of the country.

Last edited by Clifford1; 09-21-2006 at 01:22 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Clifford1 For This Useful Post:
bratprince1313 (10-29-2011)
Old 10-04-2006, 07:06 PM
queendrury

How Could You Set Someone On Fire For Being Themselves?
The Following User Says Thank You to QUEENDRURY For This Useful Post:
bratprince1313 (10-29-2011)
Old 10-05-2006, 04:47 AM
Soul who's lost her mate

wow J.R.(NghtHawk) i just read your post and that's the most real and honest thing i've read in pto so far. everything you said was frightening and sad to admit, true. my husband's incarcerated right now on his 7th prison term not to mention about a hundred county times. he has the 'fight til death' attitude when it comes to this sensitive issue but has never encounter a situation like that (thank God). he did tell me a couple of years ago when he was in county jail fighting his case, that he witnessed a small framed hispanic male being raped in jail. county jail! i was flabbergasted. i couldn't believe it because i've been in jail and once in prison and jail? i would've never even thought it occured in jails because a jail is more confined and close watched. but, anything's possible right? oh, and my husband witnessed this from a couple of cells over so don't think that he watched and didn't help the guy. bars were the only thing that prevented help for that guy because i know my husband and a few other men there would have helped (jail though). unfortunately, i wouldn't know what his reaction would be in a prison. they're 2 totally different environments and totally different levels of dangers. well, just wanted to thank you for posting that reality for us all to be aware of what our loved ones risk facing everyday. i'm sorry that it happened to you and have coped with it the best way you can. don't let anyone tell you your reactions to the rape was/is wrong because they have no idea what the hell happened to you and hope to God that it never happens to them. take care.

Last edited by alnpatti; 10-05-2006 at 04:55 AM..
Old 10-16-2006, 11:31 AM

My husband is in prison and this is one of my worries, but he is a strong man. He told me that he will come home and not to worry about him, but to pray for him. You know it's easier said than done, but I continue to pray for his safe return. I just wish that things were different for our family. You all be safe its good to have someone to release my to worries to that understands. Be blessed everyone.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:38 AM

Like NightHawk said it does happy. Rape is very common in the prison system. As I stated before inmates or ex cons will say it didn't happy to them. Who would want to admit to that happening to them. With inmates PTSD is very common and thats why alot upon reentry to society have issues with dealing wtih very common things. I teach and hear stories from my students who have done time. I know of one who has been involved in prison homosexuality and the other students have openly talked about relatives and there excursions in the system.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:20 PM
My TrUe LoVe

I read all the inmates stories from the website miss piggy but up. Thats so sad how these men are treated, that really makes me worry.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:15 PM

read these three pages of stories from men who were raped in prison, so sad

hrw.org/reports/2001/prison/voices.html

warning: contains cuss words

Last edited by holysmoke; 03-11-2007 at 02:19 PM..
Old 03-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Banned

My husband said to pack dookie in your bootie - no one will want to touch you. He just got out. It works, really.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Banned

dookie? wtf is dookie? you're nuts and tell your husband he is too
Old 03-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

There have been alot of replies to this - but as someone who served time on the inside - let me again say - that Rape - while it DOES happen, is not as rampant and frequent as you see on TV shows and movies.

Again, if you stay to yourself, keep yourself away from bad influences, and mind your own business you will be ok.

It has nothing to do with dookie in the booty - nothing with having to fight off other inmates.

In prison - you will be treated like a "punk ass bitch" if you act like one. If you disrespect another inmate, you are toast. If you act like something you are not - show weakness in the way that you are lying about yourself or your activities.

Be true, honest, open about what you are and what you do - and nothing can be used against you in prison. If you sneak around and lie, and are involved in BS all of the time - you are in some serious dangerous waters.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:29 PM

I think every prison and state is different.

Florida is not a good place to go to prison from what I have heard.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:47 PM
queendrury

about my comment"how could you set someone on fire for being themselves"i would like to knwo why you tortured them.was he trying to intimidate you?i dont understand hawk.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:37 PM

prison rape does not happen as much as some are saying especially in the lower security. I have done my fair share of research as well.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie0722
prison rape does not happen as much as some are saying especially in the lower security. I have done my fair share of research as well.
Research is just that. Only the ones that have been on the inside can tell you how it really is.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:48 PM

Nighthawk, I know your story is right on. The prison rape trip you describe is what I had to face every day at an "opportunity" school in FL for kids 12-15 years old. I can't imagine that, if it's happening at that level at those ages, that it somehow "magically" stops when all these kids make their way to adult correctional facilities.

I appreciate your candor and willingness to make a good contribution.

Best regards,

Kate

Last edited by InstantK8; 08-31-2007 at 08:56 PM..
Old 09-09-2007, 08:26 AM

My friend, do not believe everything you read or hear about rape in prison, in 15 years I only heard of about 5 or 6 rapes, and then only in Max. You will get hit on for sure but be firm, say NO and they will move on to someone else.