Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Hazelton Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hazelton Federal Prisons Topics and discussion specific to the federal prisons - Hazelton in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:41 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,075 Times in 12,748 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk and to the federal forums. I hope you get answers from folks who are familiar with Hazelton. Another possibility when communications stop without notice is she might be in the SHU, but they usually won't tell you that either. No email there, and only one short phone call each month. She will receive your letters, and can reply if she can get stamps & stationary.

I hope you hear from her soon.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:15 AM

Hi everyone! I was in USP Hazleton for four years. I just want to give everyone a heads up the lockdowns come fast and very unexpected. So this is part of the journey you have to be a bit prepared for because many of my loved ones that I got into something or may have been hurt.

I also went to my counselor when I first got there and they told me I would drop "X amount of points" in a certain amount of time to leave. When the time came up they gave me nothing except for some poor excuses. I basically gave up hope that I would leave there and expected to do about eight years there so when they called me for "team" (counseling point add up for custody level) I wouldn't even show up. Later I switched a unit and got a new counselor and they found so many errors and flows in my points and my custody level was dropped immediately and I was trasnfered to a medium security. So if you are dealing with a lazy and incompetend cousnelor for points, try to have your loved one figure out which counselors are good (as in they work hard) and try to transfer to that unit. THey make this really hard so I told my homies in my unit to tell the counselor in my unit that they had a problem with me and that I need to leave and for my other homies in the unit I wanted to go to that they would take me in the cell. When in reality I was ok with everyone I bought a cell in another unit. Once I was there the counselor really hooked me up and it was night and day when I went from a USP to a medimum. At USP hazelton I was on lockdown for three summers in a row, it was insane.

If you guys have questions about USP Hazelton let me know.
fbopnomore (06-07-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 08:53 AM

Default Question in regards to SHU?

First off, I want to thank you for the information you provided. It cleared up questions I had. My husband transferred from state to Federal so this has been a big adjustment. The last time I spoke with him on the phone for a full conversation after a lockdown was the beginning of May. Then they transferred him into SHU. He still has yet to be told why. So my question is, how long do they keep them in SHU before anyone speaks to them? He said a whole group was transferred. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoytheday2017 View Post
Hi everyone! I was in USP Hazleton for four years. I just want to give everyone a heads up the lockdowns come fast and very unexpected. So this is part of the journey you have to be a bit prepared for because many of my loved ones that I got into something or may have been hurt.

I also went to my counselor when I first got there and they told me I would drop "X amount of points" in a certain amount of time to leave. When the time came up they gave me nothing except for some poor excuses. I basically gave up hope that I would leave there and expected to do about eight years there so when they called me for "team" (counseling point add up for custody level) I wouldn't even show up. Later I switched a unit and got a new counselor and they found so many errors and flows in my points and my custody level was dropped immediately and I was trasnfered to a medium security. So if you are dealing with a lazy and incompetend cousnelor for points, try to have your loved one figure out which counselors are good (as in they work hard) and try to transfer to that unit. THey make this really hard so I told my homies in my unit to tell the counselor in my unit that they had a problem with me and that I need to leave and for my other homies in the unit I wanted to go to that they would take me in the cell. When in reality I was ok with everyone I bought a cell in another unit. Once I was there the counselor really hooked me up and it was night and day when I went from a USP to a medimum. At USP hazelton I was on lockdown for three summers in a row, it was insane.

If you guys have questions about USP Hazelton let me know.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:13 AM

Does anyone know if they are currently on lockdown, and if so, for how long? I haven't heard from mine since June 17th or thereabouts. Getting a little concerned.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:38 AM

Yes, I looked at that site. They are currently on lock down. It's very frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSalada View Post
Does anyone know if they are currently on lockdown, and if so, for how long? I haven't heard from mine since June 17th or thereabouts. Getting a little concerned.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:27 AM

Default some more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candkharper2017 View Post
First off, I want to thank you for the information you provided. It cleared up questions I had. My husband transferred from state to Federal so this has been a big adjustment. The last time I spoke with him on the phone for a full conversation after a lockdown was the beginning of May. Then they transferred him into SHU. He still has yet to be told why. So my question is, how long do they keep them in SHU before anyone speaks to them? He said a whole group was transferred. Thank you.

Hi, so yes USP Hazelton is an entirely different world. The prison will lockdown only if any two cars (gangs, groups, races) get into it with eachother. So if the crip gang wants to fight the bloods they will lock the entire compound down to avoid a gang war. Same goes with race riots etc. Another thing that happens is if one gang attacks the other, they will ship one of the cars to another compound because if they were to release both back to the compound they would have to stab back. It can get a little complicated but they basically have a system in how they ship cars out. They will ship out the smallest car because it cost too much money to ship out the bigger car. They also at times will ship out the more viscious car that did too great of an attack.

So if he got taken to the SHU it doesn't mean he did anything, it just means he got categorized with a carby his race or affiliation. In USP Hazelton you have to run with a car (most of the time, I eventually was able to walk alone). In the SHU he can have one phone call per month so look out for that. Also he can write, and get electronic video visits but you must show up to the facility for that. They will keep him in the SHU as long as the transfer takes, so sometimes this can take a few weeks but it really depends how fast they find the car another spot. This is assuming his car got into it with another car and they just categorized him. Somebody will speak to him each day, they captain comes around the door every day in the SHU and will let him know. Relaying the information to you via lettter will take time.

Other possibilities of going to the SHU with an entire group is they caught drugs and categorized him in it, they were planning an attack, they were making alcohol, etc etc. USP hazelton is not petty they care about the wars but I have seen large groups get taken (8-12) inmates beause they caught drugs in a few cells and took everyone. So maybe your loved one is in this situation and also doesn't want to share over phone or letter because they can read all of it. So just running a few of the possibilities, but like I said, USP Hazelton is not petty so most likely he will be in there for a 2 weeks or so and get put in for transfer.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:44 AM

He tells me everything. He tells me in code things. He's alone. He's trying to fight his case. I forget what he said they call it but it's the men that are doing law time. He said there was a group of them studying there cases. Anyways, he did say there was the other gang members from our state hassling him and other gangs putting heat on him before. He did tell them to scram. He can take care of himself. I'm not worried about that. He told me in code there was going to be a gang going to be doing something to another gang. My husband is the same race as the group. He's been in SHU for 7 weeks now. He keeps being told they will be around to talk to him but they have not yet. I missed his phone call on the 4th. I was tempted to make phone calls. He has epilepsy. And his one letter said he didn't get his insulin for his diabetes. I'm to far away from West Virginia. I can't travel for a visitation anytime soon.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:15 PM

Default Is fci hazelton on lock down?

Itís been one week since I heard from my love one... is fci hazelton on lock down?
Old 07-16-2019, 03:14 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Welcome to Prison Talk and to the federal forums. The FCI (but not the USP) has the "Visiting at the Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) has been suspended until further notice" banner on its web page. That almost always means a lockdown is in progress.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/haf/
Old 07-17-2019, 12:20 PM

Default FCI Hazelton in West Virginia

Is there anyone else with loved one in FCI Hazelton I. West Virginia
Old 07-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

I moved your post to the FCI Hazelton sticky in US federal prisons.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisRock View Post
Is there anyone else with loved one in FCI Hazelton I. West Virginia
Yes my hubby is. They are on lock down
The Following User Says Thank You to Octaviaw For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octaviaw View Post
Yes my hubby is. They are on lock down
Yes they are, my hubby was able to quickly call me after 7 days. I was happy to hear him
The Following User Says Thank You to HisRock For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 07:47 PM

Yes my hubby called today also for the first time in one week. Donít kno how long they will be on lock down... Iím glad we both heard from our love ones today
The Following User Says Thank You to Octaviaw For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 03:03 PM

Default Lockdown lifted

I spoke with hubby earlier today seems lockdown over, praying it is
The Following User Says Thank You to HisRock For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisRock View Post
I spoke with hubby earlier today seems lockdown over, praying it is
Yes itís lifted my hubby called this morning and tonight. Geesh thank god