Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2019, 08:52 AM

Default How to be worthy of someones friendship?

As I have matured and aged, I have realised that I do not have any form of entitlement to anyones friendship. All I can do is make myself a good enough person that when I run into someone who is a potential friend, we will get on with one another and those healthy friendships can blossom.

I often think to myself what can I give rather than what can I get from a friendship. I find that these things make the friendship even stronger. But what about with people who you are not similar to? Could a friendship still exist? I began to think that merely caring sometimes just isn't enough, that you also have to be on the same wavelength and journey in life. I think also I try to understand with my current friends, that not everyone is perfect. It is about encouraging one another to be your true self, whatever that may be.

Is there anything that I have missed? I think it is great to get other peoples opinions on concepts because everyone has something great to share.

Also, here is a quote I just wrote for a inmate in prison that I like

''Freedom and hope, these are not merely states of circumstance, but states of a resilient mind. They can lock you in a cage,
and tell you what you are, but they can't take away your dreams of a better tomorrow, or your liberty to decide who you are''

Last edited by LightningStrike; 02-11-2019 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links