Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in North Carolina that do not fit into any other North Carolina sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:16 AM

Default Motion for appropriate relief in North Carolina

Does anyone have any info, good or bad, regarding MAR? We believe we are ready to file, but I don't want to make any mistakes. We could really use some advice. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2014, 08:00 AM

Thanked 11,099 Times in 6,007 Posts

when it comes to things legal and you are not absolutely sure of things, best bet is to secure counsel competent to perform the service. Some Motions are a one-bite-at-the-apple thing and if you screw it up, you don't get to come back and claim ineffective assistance of counsel when you did it as a non-practitioner.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
momgfpa (12-29-2014), Momma63 (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 05:41 PM

I will definitely consider your advice. I really don't want to screw this up and you are right, I am no lawyer, just a woman who wants her man home. Thanks for responding, much appreciated!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momgfpa View Post
Does anyone have any info, good or bad, regarding MAR? We believe we are ready to file, but I don't want to make any mistakes. We could really use some advice. Thanks
I seen where you talked about filing for MAR for your husband and was wondering how that went? Reason i'm asking is cause I'm thinking of doing the same for my husband, he got way too harsh of a punishment I believe for a non violent drug crime
Old 10-02-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake77 View Post
I seen where you talked about filing for MAR for your husband and was wondering how that went? Reason i'm asking is cause I'm thinking of doing the same for my husband, he got way too harsh of a punishment I believe for a non violent drug crime

Did either of you file the MAR? And how did it go? I’m asking because my fiancé is talking about filing one due to getting 8yrs for a drug crime. Any info you have would be beneficial!