Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:04 AM
Donation Award 

Default How long before he's sent to prison?

My son has been in county jails for 3 months after being sentenced. How long will he be waiting to get classified and sent to prison? He wanted me to call and ask but from what I have read on these forum's that usually doesn't help and sometimes ends badly. I definitely don't want to do anything that is going to end up making it harder on him. Inmates are being stripped searched randomly throughout the week where he's at now because drugs were being brought in by a co. He just eants to be moved to prison as I'm sure other's facing alot of time do.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2017, 09:25 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,010 Times in 16,150 Posts

If he's been waiting 3 months, I would think he'd be moved fairly soon....but there really is no way to predict it. He'll be told to "pack it up" when the time comes, with no advance notice. If you aren't registered with VINELink, do so now so you'll get an email when he's transferred.

Also, if you've already put money on Securus, Keep in ind that they'll take it if the account is inactive for 90 days.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Lackingthepower (05-22-2017)
Old 05-29-2017, 08:11 PM

It depends on the crime. It's usually a year to be sent to roederer for classification and then a few months for classification. High profile or more extreme crimes can be sent earlier. The prisons are overcrowded so maybe more. Roederer can send inmates back to county as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saintchacha For This Useful Post:
Lackingthepower (07-15-2017), patchouli (05-30-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 07:55 PM
Donation Award 

Someone from doc did a surprise inspection of the jail and inmates, including my son asked how much longer it would be. She told them that it could be ten months or more because of overcrowding. Two privately owned jails were supposed to open but didn't. The stress of county being filled to capacity and knowing he has a long sentence is stressful for all of us.Only being allowed to send postcards to him is strange so I haven't done it.