Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Missouri that do not fit into any other Missouri sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:23 AM
We have a beautiful baby!

Welcome Chris!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 AM

Hi My Name Is Shauntae My Mate Is Incarcerated In Sccc In Missouri. It Has Been Difficult Since I Now Live In Oklahoma We Were Trying To Get Info On Details About Interstate Compact
Old 05-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkshauntae
Hi My Name Is Shauntae My Mate Is Incarcerated In Sccc In Missouri. It Has Been Difficult Since I Now Live In Oklahoma We Were Trying To Get Info On Details About Interstate Compact

Welcome!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:22 PM

HELLO I have a son who just got to bonne terre diagnostic.We are waiting impatiently to find out where he will finally get settled.Then I will no doubt be bombarding EVERYONE with any questions and info I can get.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:25 PM

Greetings Mom L,

My son started at the ERDCC and is now at SECC in Bowling Green! The people on this site are wonderful as someone will be able to relate to your specific situation! Don't hesitate to ask questions, I've found that not knowing what's going on is often worse than the reality of the situation! You've found a great support system here!
Blessings,
Debbie
Old 05-18-2007, 11:02 AM

Hi,

My wife's brother (my in-law) is in SE Missouri Correctional. I visited this forum a year or two ago and it helped us figure out how to get books sent to him. We live in Santa Cruz CA. I just signed up as a member. We are here in Qulin MO visiting relatives and are going over to see him today. Thanks for being here and keeping this forum going.

Mike
Old 05-18-2007, 03:28 PM

Hello All!

I am new to this forum.

My name is Lynn and I live in Detroit, MI but my husband is incarcerated at the Eastern Reception Diagnostic Center in Bonne Terre. He just arrived there on Wednesday after spending 2 1/2 years @ the St. Louis City Justice Center in downtown St. Louis. He was just sentenced to do 19 months in ERDCC.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalkut
Hi,

My wife's brother (my in-law) is in SE Missouri Correctional. I visited this forum a year or two ago and it helped us figure out how to get books sent to him. We live in Santa Cruz CA. I just signed up as a member. We are here in Qulin MO visiting relatives and are going over to see him today. Thanks for being here and keeping this forum going.

Mike

Glad to have ya! And come back anytime. I'm happy to hear that we have helped you.

Enjoy your visit with him.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baps1974
Hello All!

I am new to this forum.

My name is Lynn and I live in Detroit, MI but my husband is incarcerated at the Eastern Reception Diagnostic Center in Bonne Terre. He just arrived there on Wednesday after spending 2 1/2 years @ the St. Louis City Justice Center in downtown St. Louis. He was just sentenced to do 19 months in ERDCC.

Hi Lynn. Welcome to the forum. I know there are a few members with loved ones at ERDCC, so any questions...just ask!
Old 05-18-2007, 08:22 PM

Welcome
Old 05-24-2007, 05:20 AM

Hi, My 20 year old son is in ERDCC Bonne Terre. He wrote me yesterday and told me he was in the hole because someone in the lunch room knocked him out because my son invaded his space. Why would they put him in the hole when he did nothing. Now I wonder what that will do for his evaluation? Also I"m afraid what will happen when he get out and see"s that person again. Also my son is 6'5" 250lbs. Ex football player. He said the guy just hit him out of nowhere and knocked him out infront of the whole dining room. His lawyer is going down to see him today. This situation is a new experience for my family as we have never had to deal with anyone in prison before. Anyone have advice for us. Peace, Laurie
Old 05-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie Ann
Hi, My 20 year old son is in ERDCC Bonne Terre. He wrote me yesterday and told me he was in the hole because someone in the lunch room knocked him out because my son invaded his space. Why would they put him in the hole when he did nothing. Now I wonder what that will do for his evaluation? Also I"m afraid what will happen when he get out and see"s that person again. Also my son is 6'5" 250lbs. Ex football player. He said the guy just hit him out of nowhere and knocked him out infront of the whole dining room. His lawyer is going down to see him today. This situation is a new experience for my family as we have never had to deal with anyone in prison before. Anyone have advice for us. Peace, Laurie
Well, Laurie, you are going to have to just trust that he will do what he has to do. These things happen all the time, especially to those new to the prison system. He needs to stand his ground and show that he is unafraid of them. It's the only thing that they respect.

Normally, the staff try to keep those that have had problems seperated, but this doesn't always work. Since he is in Diagnostics, he won't have to be around this person much longer.

Just believe in him. He is a big boy (in age as well as physical) and can take care of himself. i'm surprised someone did that with his size, but, they test each other all the time and it's normal. Right, no..normal, yes

As for why he is in the hole, they do that while they sort it out. It does't mean that he won't get a violation, but that is what they say they do it for.

And if you have any questions about anything, never be afraid to ask.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:02 PM

Laurie,

Christy is right. These things happen. When the CO's don't know what happened, they put all involved parties in the hole until they figure it out. They don't always figure it all out. They also are trying to protect the men. It sounds almost like the man who attacked your son was trying to create an "image" for himself. Image and respect are very important to some in the system. Hopefully he will be out shortly. I would not think they would hold him for long. Best advice I can give for him when he runs into this guy again is to not escalate the situation. Many times, men are trying to get a reaction. If they fail to get a reaction after a few times, they quit trying. Hopefully this helps. Hang in there.

Chris
Old 05-26-2007, 12:50 PM

welcome!
Old 05-26-2007, 01:57 PM

Prison isn't a nice place, it isn't a fair place, answers are hard to get, the CO's almost always put both in the hole. Diagnostics seems to be the worst, but even when he gets to his camp, he needs to keep to himself until he learns the ropes. It takes awhile but it will get easier. He just needs alot of support from family and friends.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:38 AM

MY Daughter is Greenville IL Camp. went in MAY 15th. Any Others have Daughter's or Sister's in. any info about
Greenville. Kat's MOM Betty
Old 06-01-2007, 09:23 AM

Hello all,
I was so surprised and happy to find this forum. My name is rebecca and we live in North Central MO. We are waiting for my husbands court date (june 4) to set a court date for a preliminary hearing (probably June 18). It took 2 weeks just to get arraigned so I have no hopes that this will go quickly.
Unfortuantely this is his 2nd Felony (assault) so if what i hear is true he will be doing the majority of the time he gets.
We have 4 children ages 13 thru 8. I was a stay at home mom but now I am on a job search.
If anything positive has come out of this its that my husband has seen several docotors and is now taking the medicine he should have been taking for the past 30 years. (he had a brain injury when got hit by a car at age 10). The docs say he never would have had the legal troubles he has had if he had medicine since the injury but his mother was a Christian Scientist and medicine wasnt an optiom.
Ok, now that I've written a novella here I will end this by saying that it is so nice not to feel alone is not giving up on him
Old 06-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram63565
Hello all,
I was so surprised and happy to find this forum. My name is rebecca and we live in North Central MO. We are waiting for my husbands court date (june 4) to set a court date for a preliminary hearing (probably June 18). It took 2 weeks just to get arraigned so I have no hopes that this will go quickly.
Unfortuantely this is his 2nd Felony (assault) so if what i hear is true he will be doing the majority of the time he gets.
We have 4 children ages 13 thru 8. I was a stay at home mom but now I am on a job search.
If anything positive has come out of this its that my husband has seen several docotors and is now taking the medicine he should have been taking for the past 30 years. (he had a brain injury when got hit by a car at age 10). The docs say he never would have had the legal troubles he has had if he had medicine since the injury but his mother was a Christian Scientist and medicine wasnt an optiom.
Ok, now that I've written a novella here I will end this by saying that it is so nice not to feel alone is not giving up on him
Well, I am glad you found us! There is a wealth of information here, so read, read and read. Then ask, ask again and if you still aren't sure, ask more! We have lots of answers here and tons of support. You are not alone in this.

Good luck on the job search. It's tough for a stay at home mom to go back to work after a time.

And it's good that the docs finally got your hubby on the meds he needs.

There is no telling what kind of time he will have to do. Being a 2nd felony, it's possible that he may have to do at least 60%. If he is charged with Assault 1st he possibly could have to do 85% of his time. There is no telling.

Again, welcome and I wish you luck. We are here!!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:21 AM
One Day At A Time

Welcome to PTO ram!!~!! I too, was a stay at home mom until all of this happened with hubby, and, like you, I'm on a job search now. Hubby was sentenced on May 7th to 4 years, so now it's just me and my 2 boys for awhile. Please know that you're definitely not alone, and feel free to PM me if you need to talk, vent, cry, or just tell me about your day..
This is an amazing site with people who are where you're at, or have been where you're at. They are all very supportive and extremely caring individuals. Hope you've found a home here...I know I have.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:47 PM

My husband is at SECC. He will be home next month, if not sooner!!!!!!!!! We are so excited. The PO came by today, so we're hoping they'll call him back to the office... The PO said he'll ok the homeplan. I can't wait to have my baby home!
I want to say something about this website...
I really like being able to talk to people who know what I'm going through and I want to thank those who help. It's made this time a little easier to understand.
Good luck to everyone!
Old 06-01-2007, 05:41 PM

welcome rebecca-
Old 06-02-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram63565
Hello all,
welcome Rebecca!! This is a great place for information and support.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Son in franklin county,mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom L.
welcome Rebecca!! This is a great place for information and support.
Hello all. My son is in franklin county jail in mo. he has been there since April and was just arraigned today june 12th, i cant believe it takes so long, we're from new york and my son was extradicted from n.y.but sitting in jail in n.y. from Nov. 06 for an arrest in 2001 in mo. He is there far away from his family and its hard on him as it is on us.I dont know how things work out there and we try to write him every week to keep him going, but just hearing his voice when he calls is so depressing but we try not to let on.He doesnt go back to court till August so i cant imagine how long this will take. I have a question, does the time he is in county jail count.?
Thank you for welcoming here.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:48 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by worriedmom84
Hello all. My son is in franklin county jail in mo. he has been there since April and was just arraigned today june 12th, i cant believe it takes so long, we're from new york and my son was extradicted from n.y.but sitting in jail in n.y. from Nov. 06 for an arrest in 2001 in mo. He is there far away from his family and its hard on him as it is on us.I dont know how things work out there and we try to write him every week to keep him going, but just hearing his voice when he calls is so depressing but we try not to let on.He doesnt go back to court till August so i cant imagine how long this will take. I have a question, does the time he is in county jail count.?

The county time will count. Hopefully he has a decent attorney that will bring up the right to a speedy trial thing. But, unfortunatly, with the system so backlogged and the prisons so crowded, it doesn't surprise me that it is taking this long.

and don't be depressed to hear his voice. Think of it like this...some people don't get calls at all. None. They don't get to hear thier loved one's voice unless they visit. Consider it a blessing that he can call and you can afford for him to call.

Have you thought about coming to Missouri to visit him? I know it's a long way, but maybe it will make you feel better to see him.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worriedmom84
Definitely just be there for your son. My son tells me there are so many people in there that have nobody literally no one on the outside to give them hope, or just a feeling of connection so just be there for your son as i will keep him in my prayers!

As for the lenght of time yes this is not unusual, my son sat in the county jail for seven months so yes the justice system can be very slow.