Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge Introductions forum for California members and a place to discuss non-prison related topics with other people in the State.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:32 AM

Default andreanjoseph13 Anaheim, CA

Hello,
My man is in Ione @ MCSP. We have been back together for almost 3 yrs on the 23rd. We have a almost 15 yrs old daughter together. I have not heard from him since Aug 14th. We talk everyday at least two times as he has many medical issues too many to list. He is supposed to have surgery but he doesn't know when of course. I have reached out for anything on him but no one has responded from Mulecreek. His counselor wouldn't say anthing but to write Joseph. I recently changed my cell # & he was going to update his emergency contact info but how slow they are to do anything i don't have any idea if it was done. I'm thinking the worst here as he would call or write if he could nothing stops him from getting word to me. Long story even longer sorry ! Any assistance on who to call or write just to find out if he is still alive. He doesn't have his family listed on his ICE as they are in and out of his life so it's just me. I'm new to this & want to get some info so I can call or write until I get word on him. It's over 400 miles to drive there and he was moved to a different mod so i dont even know if they are allowed visits. Im stuck in a rock and hard place. I work during business hours Mon-Fri so my breaks & lunches do not cover the waiting time to talk to a person so I leave messages which no one returns. I even sent the Ombudsman an email as well. Any ideas or thoughts is appreciated.
Thank you,
Andrea
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,038 Times in 6,850 Posts

My first suggestion was the ombudsman. Not sure what day you sent the email but it might take a few to get back to you if it was over the weekend. My second suggestion is to ask to speak to the chaplain. They can some times do a wellness check. At the very least it would be someone making contact with him and letting you know he's ok. If he's in medical, maybe they can give you a small amount of information but I wouldn't hold too tightly to that one.

I'm sure you must be anxious. Hang tight and please update if you hear anything.

You are welcome to post in MCSP, as well. Members more familiar with the facility might have suggestions for you.

Last edited by miamac; 09-11-2016 at 04:23 PM..
Old 09-11-2016, 03:50 PM

Thank you for the input , I was going to contact the chaplain but wasn't sure if him being Native American would be a different person to contact. Being restricted on time during business hours at my job makes it difficult to call & speak with an actual person. I will post any new info I receive. Trying my hardest to stay positive , and not knowing the prison system makes it hard for me. He's my family and to them he is just another #.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreanjoseph13 View Post
Thank you for the input , I was going to contact the chaplain but wasn't sure if him being Native American would be a different person to contact. Being restricted on time during business hours at my job makes it difficult to call & speak with an actual person. I will post any new info I receive. Trying my hardest to stay positive , and not knowing the prison system makes it hard for me. He's my family and to them he is just another #.
The chaplain is non-denominational so it should be fine. I hope you hear something soon.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:18 PM

Thanked 2,908 Times in 1,785 Posts

Quote:
Definitely contact the chaplain he should be able to help. If all else fails call the waters office they should have some answers. I hope all is well.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:49 PM

Just received an email response from the ombudsman he is out in the hospital no other details
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andreanjoseph13 For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-11-2016), Sarianna (09-12-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Just received an email response from the ombudsman he is out in the hospital no other details
I'm glad you heard something. Maybe that will give you info to pass to the chaplain and they can arrange a call.