Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 09-03-2020, 04:06 PM

No I've heard nothing and neither has he...he didn't even know he had a tpm til I told him. Praying everyday that we hear something new soon but as everyone knows they get into no hurry for anyone! I will post as soon as I do. Thanks so much for checking on us!
The Following User Says Thank You to ButtercupSR For This Useful Post:
Wifenwaiting (09-04-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2020, 08:32 PM

Hello. ...he called today and said his counselor told him today that his papers have a release date of Sept. 30th...so yay...I've been super excited ever since we got off phone.. just a little over 3 weeks and I will finally have the love of my life back home with me! Is it normal to be terrified that something will go wrong and they won't let him go? I feel so crazy even saying that but I'm sorry thru out this whole experience I've lost all trust with the system from all the wrong doings they have done to us and put us thru...I wish I didn't feel this way but I do. Thanks again for being here for me thru out this...it will never be forgotten! Blessed!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ButtercupSR For This Useful Post:
GaReform (09-07-2020), GingerM (09-05-2020), MCV (09-05-2020), Wifenwaiting (09-08-2020)
Old 09-05-2020, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,616 Times in 3,748 Posts

Quote:
Is it normal to be terrified that something will go wrong and they won't let him go?
Yes, this is completely and totally normal. You won't believe it even after he's in your car. It will take a couple of weeks before it starts to sink in that this is not going to be taken away from you. You'll start to believe it when you start working with the PO.

Congrats!! Take him somewhere with decent food when he gets out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
GaReform (09-07-2020), MCV (09-05-2020), Wifenwaiting (09-08-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 12:54 PM

Thank you...I figured it must be normal...hate feeling like this but I'm sure once he walks out that door I will feel differently. And yes I plan on taking him anywhere his heart desires so I can spoil him! Lol...Counting the days down!! Thanks so much again for everyone's support! I will continue to stay in touch!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ButtercupSR For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-08-2020), MCV (09-08-2020), Wifenwaiting (09-08-2020)
Old 09-08-2020, 09:47 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtercupSR View Post
Thank you...I figured it must be normal...hate feeling like this but I'm sure once he walks out that door I will feel differently. And yes I plan on taking him anywhere his heart desires so I can spoil him! Lol...Counting the days down!! Thanks so much again for everyone's support! I will continue to stay in touch!

How exciting! I think I will end up being the same way. It seems all of my husbands info comes from his counselor too. He hasnt recevied anything letting us know if they are accepting his PIC points or anything so we are just waiting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wifenwaiting For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-09-2020)
Old 09-09-2020, 06:42 PM

Got some great news today...I called GDOC today to see if I could speak to my LO''s counselor and an officer told me that he really didn't have an assigned counselor but maybe he could help me with whatever I needed so I just asked him if there was any changes with his release cause personally I JUST NEEDED TO HEAR SOMEONE OTHER THAN MY LO''S HEAR SAY OF HIS RELEASE...just so I could feel better BUT I am so glad I did cause he gets released MONDAY AT 9AM!!!!! I think I asked the officer to repeat it to me 5 times...lol! So instead of September 30th he will be home September 14th!! I am beyond excited and the next 4 days are gonna be the longest 4 days of my life I'm sure...lol...I haven't been able to talk to my LO this week yet cause they fight to get to the phones so I'm not sure if he even knows yet cause he didn't know about his tpm until I told him...so I'm waiting on pins and needles for his call...whenever that will be! I just wanted to share my wonderful news with everyone here. And wifenwaiting...I've been praying for ur situation also...that you are able to get some good news soon about his PIC points and possible release!!! Thanks everyone...for everything!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ButtercupSR For This Useful Post:
GaReform (09-10-2020), GingerM (09-10-2020), Wifenwaiting (09-11-2020)
Old 09-10-2020, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Congratulations!! Wow, not much time to prepare, but wow!! I'm glad you called!
Old 09-10-2020, 07:43 PM

Thanked 2,373 Times in 931 Posts

That's wonderful news for you!! Take him somewhere for a good meal if you can find a place that's open. Georgia is a bit more open than some states. We took my son for breakfast at a country place near where he was released. He was so happy to eat decent food but it was sad to see him try to decide what to get. He was so used to no choices. Just be patient & understand that getting out will be a shock to him at first. Good luck & keep us posted. We love happy endings!!
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-11-2020)
Old 09-10-2020, 09:12 PM

Thanks everyone..I got a call from him today and he did not know about being released Monday..go figure...he did say that they pulled him out to do some pre release stuff but he just assumed it was protocol for a release at end of the month. They tell them very little..just enough to keep them wondering!!! Needless to say he was very grateful and excited but says he will believe it 100 percent Monday when he is able to walk out the door and he can put his eyes on me! So...COME ON MONDAY.....I'm so ready!!! Holding onto all of God's blessings!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ButtercupSR For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-11-2020), Wifenwaiting (09-11-2020)
Old 09-11-2020, 08:59 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Thanks everyone..I got a call from him today and he did not know about being released Monday..go figure...he did say that they pulled him out to do some pre release stuff but he just assumed it was protocol for a release at end of the month. They tell them very little..just enough to keep them wondering!!! Needless to say he was very grateful and excited but says he will believe it 100 percent Monday when he is able to walk out the door and he can put his eyes on me! So...COME ON MONDAY.....I'm so ready!!! Holding onto all of God's blessings!
WOW! You are soooo close now! I imagine when I get that close I will not be able to concentrate on anything else.

What kind of special things are you trying to get done or lined up before he gets home? I literally have a list. Petty small stuff really, but I want to have a cute new outfit, Gotta get my toes and hair done. I want to make sure that I have the house stocked up with all his favorite foods and snacks and drinks. I Nothing of real importance. Just small things that I want to have done and ready. Honestly I know he will not even care or notice what I look like or what Im wearing but it matters to me. He is 4 hours away so if they release him at 7AM I may have to get a hotel closer to where he is because I will not do well leaving my house at 3AM.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:52 PM

Oh my gosh yes...That is so funny cause just last night I could not sleep from anxiety of his homecoming so at 2am..lol... I was up writing out a list of everything I wanted to get done and a list of stuff I wanted to get for him before he gets home..like you said...All HIS FAVORITES.. lol I mean I now have only 2 days and a wake up...which is absolutely amazing but I thought I had til the 30th of this month to get everything done! We want everything to be perfect but truth be told perfect will be the moment he walks out that door and we have our arms around eachother!!! Nothing else will matter after that moment! It's still so hard to believe this is actually gonna happen! He called again today and said he is completely finished with all his pre release stuff and they told him there was nothing else for him to do but walk out the door Monday morning so he was really excited today and said the next 2 days wud be a breeze and he wud see me soon and we will talk face to face!!! Yay......2 days and a wake up...COME ON MONDAY! !!
The Following User Says Thank You to ButtercupSR For This Useful Post:
Wifenwaiting (09-14-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 10:20 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Oh my gosh yes...That is so funny cause just last night I could not sleep from anxiety of his homecoming so at 2am..lol... I was up writing out a list of everything I wanted to get done and a list of stuff I wanted to get for him before he gets home..like you said...All HIS FAVORITES.. lol I mean I now have only 2 days and a wake up...which is absolutely amazing but I thought I had til the 30th of this month to get everything done! We want everything to be perfect but truth be told perfect will be the moment he walks out that door and we have our arms around eachother!!! Nothing else will matter after that moment! It's still so hard to believe this is actually gonna happen! He called again today and said he is completely finished with all his pre release stuff and they told him there was nothing else for him to do but walk out the door Monday morning so he was really excited today and said the next 2 days wud be a breeze and he wud see me soon and we will talk face to face!!! Yay......2 days and a wake up...COME ON MONDAY! !!
I hope by now you have him in your arms and are on your way to get that boy some real food! Cant wait to hear about your update! So happy for you!
Old 09-14-2020, 11:02 PM

Iím so happy for you both! I know it was surreal when he walked out! I canít wait for our homecoming day!
Old 09-15-2020, 05:05 PM

Yes I got him back home yesterday...it was smooth sailing...Thank God! It has been absolutely amazing and I still feel like I'm in a dream!!! Waking up with him by my side was the best feeling in the world this morning although it was 4 am cause that was the schedule he was use to...lol but Im happy to wake up every morning that early as long as im able to see his smiling face beside me!!!!!! So far so good!!! Very thankful and blessed!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ButtercupSR For This Useful Post:
GaReform (09-16-2020), GingerM (09-16-2020), MCV (09-23-2020), Wifenwaiting (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Congrats!! How wonderful! I'm so very happy for you (tho' not as happy as you are)!
Old 09-23-2020, 08:25 AM

Has anyone had a reconsideration TPM & if so how long did it take for PAP to decide?