Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > 911 > Prison Petitions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Petitions Post all petitions here.

Old 09-10-2020, 08:24 PM

Default Donald Clemons received Clemency but denied parole 5 times

This post is about my fiance Donald Clemons, he has been in prison from the age 16 years old, he is now 40 years old. He was arrested one week after his 16th birthday for tagging along with three adults to do a burglary. Something happened and one of the adults shot and killed a man. Two got life sentences, one received 25 years, and Don was sentenced to 37 years at 100%.

Now Don has completed his GED and taken coursework from multiple accredited universities. He has learned vocational skills in electrical wiring, cosmetology and commercial cleaning. He has also completed more than 20 rehabilitation programs. More importantly he has dedicated his time to several organizations that assist others in their rehabilitation process. He led one program and even founded his own.

Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen recognized Donís rehabilitation and desire to give back when he commuted his sentence in 2011 making him eligible for parole in 2012. Despite Donís incredible transformation, the Board of Parole has denied Donís release five times based on the seriousness of his offense.

Last edited by FreeDonC; 09-10-2020 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Change title
The Following User Says Thank You to FreeDonC For This Useful Post:
YOGA62 (09-11-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2020, 10:01 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,317 Times in 17,212 Posts

Can you message me a link for the petition? The only I can find is for 2 people, Donald Clemons and Shawnda James.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
FreeDonC (09-11-2020)
Old 09-11-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Can you message me a link for the petition? The only I can find is for 2 people, Donald Clemons and Shawnda James.
That is the right one the Vanderbilt Prison Project which is the organization which started the petition and is helping to get the word out place both their cases together as they had both received clemency from the previous governor of Tennessee but has still not been released. What you can do tho is comment on the petition as to why you think Donald Clemons should be released.

Also type Donald Clemons in Youtube the first video that pops up, look in the description all the info is there. Thanks for the message , this info is also for anyone else who has searched for the petition

Last edited by FreeDonC; 09-11-2020 at 02:32 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FreeDonC For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-11-2020)
Old 09-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,457 Times in 3,222 Posts

Link to petition: https://www.change.org/p/bill-lee-fr...VjN2U3OA%3D%3D
Old 09-11-2020, 07:48 PM
Donation Award 

Default Signed

Just signed the petition. So almost 25 years in prison. Seems like he has served plenty of time and at age 16 so sad so young. Are you trying to go through some other groups to help? There is one for teenagers that committed crimes that I have seen. See you are working with another group. Hope you can apply for compassionate release and/or clemency again. Keep applying I believe soon he will be released!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDonC View Post
This post is about my fiance Donald Clemons, he has been in prison from the age 16 years old, he is now 40 years old. He was arrested one week after his 16th birthday for tagging along with three adults to do a burglary. Something happened and one of the adults shot and killed a man. Two got life sentences, one received 25 years, and Don was sentenced to 37 years at 100%.

Now Don has completed his GED and taken coursework from multiple accredited universities. He has learned vocational skills in electrical wiring, cosmetology and commercial cleaning. He has also completed more than 20 rehabilitation programs. More importantly he has dedicated his time to several organizations that assist others in their rehabilitation process. He led one program and even founded his own.

Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen recognized Donís rehabilitation and desire to give back when he commuted his sentence in 2011 making him eligible for parole in 2012. Despite Donís incredible transformation, the Board of Parole has denied Donís release five times based on the seriousness of his offense.
The Following User Says Thank You to YOGA62 For This Useful Post:
FreeDonC (09-11-2020)
Old 09-11-2020, 08:22 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGA62 View Post
Just signed the petition. So almost 25 years in prison. Seems like he has served plenty of time and at age 16 so sad so young. Are you trying to go through some other groups to help? There is one for teenagers that committed crimes that I have seen. See you are working with another group. Hope you can apply for compassionate release and/or clemency again. Keep applying I believe soon he will be released!!
Yes I would love to get through to some other groups, if you have any information pertaining to that it would be amazing. Yes, an organization is trying to help us out which we are grateful for, but we want to spread the word. Especially with COVID. Thanks again for your kind words.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:36 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,317 Times in 17,212 Posts

I've signed as well. If the Governor saw fit to commute his sentence (and Shawnda's), the Board should respect that, especially given how hard both individuals have worked to earn that Clemency and their age when convicted.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
FreeDonC (09-15-2020)