Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > 911 > Prison Petitions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Petitions Post all petitions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-10-2020, 08:24 PM
FreeDonC's Avatar
FreeDonC FreeDonC is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: N/A
Posts: 8
Thanks: 11
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default Donald Clemons received Clemency but denied parole 5 times

This post is about my fiance Donald Clemons, he has been in prison from the age 16 years old, he is now 40 years old. He was arrested one week after his 16th birthday for tagging along with three adults to do a burglary. Something happened and one of the adults shot and killed a man. Two got life sentences, one received 25 years, and Don was sentenced to 37 years at 100%.

Now Don has completed his GED and taken coursework from multiple accredited universities. He has learned vocational skills in electrical wiring, cosmetology and commercial cleaning. He has also completed more than 20 rehabilitation programs. More importantly he has dedicated his time to several organizations that assist others in their rehabilitation process. He led one program and even founded his own.

Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen recognized Donís rehabilitation and desire to give back when he commuted his sentence in 2011 making him eligible for parole in 2012. Despite Donís incredible transformation, the Board of Parole has denied Donís release five times based on the seriousness of his offense.

Last edited by FreeDonC; 09-10-2020 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Change title
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FreeDonC For This Useful Post:
YOGA62 (09-11-2020)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-10-2020, 10:01 PM
patchouli's Avatar
patchouli patchouli is offline
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 43,726
Thanks: 44,955
Thanked 37,317 Times in 17,212 Posts
Default

Can you message me a link for the petition? The only I can find is for 2 people, Donald Clemons and Shawnda James.
__________________
prisontalkhelp@gmail.com

patchouli, PTO Admin



Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
FreeDonC (09-11-2020)
  #3  
Old 09-11-2020, 02:25 PM
FreeDonC's Avatar
FreeDonC FreeDonC is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: N/A
Posts: 8
Thanks: 11
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Can you message me a link for the petition? The only I can find is for 2 people, Donald Clemons and Shawnda James.
That is the right one the Vanderbilt Prison Project which is the organization which started the petition and is helping to get the word out place both their cases together as they had both received clemency from the previous governor of Tennessee but has still not been released. What you can do tho is comment on the petition as to why you think Donald Clemons should be released.

Also type Donald Clemons in Youtube the first video that pops up, look in the description all the info is there. Thanks for the message , this info is also for anyone else who has searched for the petition

Last edited by FreeDonC; 09-11-2020 at 02:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FreeDonC For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-11-2020)
  #4  
Old 09-11-2020, 03:40 PM
sass4221's Avatar
sass4221 sass4221 is offline
Super Moderator
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: KY
Posts: 5,672
Thanks: 3,848
Thanked 6,457 Times in 3,222 Posts
Default

Link to petition: https://www.change.org/p/bill-lee-fr...VjN2U3OA%3D%3D
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sass4221 For This Useful Post:
ChloeMoe (09-11-2020), fbopnomore (09-12-2020), FreeDonC (09-11-2020), onedayatatime13 (09-11-2020), patchouli (09-11-2020), YOGA62 (09-11-2020)
  #5  
Old 09-11-2020, 07:48 PM
YOGA62 YOGA62 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: MONTANA USA
Posts: 205
Thanks: 159
Thanked 109 Times in 77 Posts
Default Signed

Just signed the petition. So almost 25 years in prison. Seems like he has served plenty of time and at age 16 so sad so young. Are you trying to go through some other groups to help? There is one for teenagers that committed crimes that I have seen. See you are working with another group. Hope you can apply for compassionate release and/or clemency again. Keep applying I believe soon he will be released!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDonC View Post
This post is about my fiance Donald Clemons, he has been in prison from the age 16 years old, he is now 40 years old. He was arrested one week after his 16th birthday for tagging along with three adults to do a burglary. Something happened and one of the adults shot and killed a man. Two got life sentences, one received 25 years, and Don was sentenced to 37 years at 100%.

Now Don has completed his GED and taken coursework from multiple accredited universities. He has learned vocational skills in electrical wiring, cosmetology and commercial cleaning. He has also completed more than 20 rehabilitation programs. More importantly he has dedicated his time to several organizations that assist others in their rehabilitation process. He led one program and even founded his own.

Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen recognized Donís rehabilitation and desire to give back when he commuted his sentence in 2011 making him eligible for parole in 2012. Despite Donís incredible transformation, the Board of Parole has denied Donís release five times based on the seriousness of his offense.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YOGA62 For This Useful Post:
FreeDonC (09-11-2020)
  #6  
Old 09-11-2020, 08:22 PM
FreeDonC's Avatar
FreeDonC FreeDonC is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: N/A
Posts: 8
Thanks: 11
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGA62 View Post
Just signed the petition. So almost 25 years in prison. Seems like he has served plenty of time and at age 16 so sad so young. Are you trying to go through some other groups to help? There is one for teenagers that committed crimes that I have seen. See you are working with another group. Hope you can apply for compassionate release and/or clemency again. Keep applying I believe soon he will be released!!
Yes I would love to get through to some other groups, if you have any information pertaining to that it would be amazing. Yes, an organization is trying to help us out which we are grateful for, but we want to spread the word. Especially with COVID. Thanks again for your kind words.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-14-2020, 09:36 PM
patchouli's Avatar
patchouli patchouli is offline
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 43,726
Thanks: 44,955
Thanked 37,317 Times in 17,212 Posts
Default

I've signed as well. If the Governor saw fit to commute his sentence (and Shawnda's), the Board should respect that, especially given how hard both individuals have worked to earn that Clemency and their age when convicted.
__________________
prisontalkhelp@gmail.com

patchouli, PTO Admin



Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
FreeDonC (09-15-2020)
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
prison

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Denied Parole Multiple Times *Quia* Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 5 06-24-2011 11:51 AM
How many times has your husband/bf gone up for parole and been denied? RAMWIFEY Probation, Parole & Supervision 6 05-31-2011 04:52 PM
Clemency Petition for Donald Kowalski dameculotte Prison Petitions 23 03-18-2010 01:09 PM
TPM changed/Parole denied,, Bad times just get worse. :( Sunshine's Mom Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 2 10-26-2007 09:49 AM
Denied Parole 25 Times for Stealing a TV JerseyMarine North Carolina Parole, Probation & Release 1 05-11-2004 01:15 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:13 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics