Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities > Region III Work Release Centers
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Region III Work Release Centers Information and Discussion for the following facilities: Atlantic WRC, Bartow WRC, Bradenton Transition Center, Bridges of Orlando WRC,Bridges of Pompano - Turning Point WRC, Cocoa WRC, Ft. Pierce WRC, Hollywood WRC, Kissimmee WRC, Largo Residential Re-Entry Center, Miami North WRC, Opa Locka WRC, Orlando Transition Center, Orlando WRC, Pinellas WRC, Pompano Transit Center, St. Petersburg WRC, Suncoast WRC, Tarpon Springs WRC, The Transition House, West Palm Beach WRC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2009, 12:24 PM

Lightbulb Ft. Pierce Work Release Q&A

Are you confused about the rules? My fiance just got to the work release center yesterday. He called me from a State of Florida number (not collect) and was able to talk to me for about 5 min. He let me know what he needed and what I was allowed to bring. Later, he had to use the pay phone to call and the calls are collect. He's not allowed to call 800 numbers. I went to see him today and this is what he was allowed to have:

2 shirts (dress shirt, t-shirt, collared shirts, etc)
1 pair of shoes (I brought him his pair of Nikes from home)
a watch under $50
a belt
under $100 (in increments of $5 or less-I brought rolled change for the soda machine and pay phone)
7 plain white t-shirts (Hanes or Fruit of the Loom packs)
7 boxers
7 pairs of socks (I brought no-show socks)
2 pairs of shorts (basketball shorts, jean shorts, etc)
2 pairs pants (jeans, slacks, etc)
bottle shampoo
razors (I brought disposable)
hair clippers
plastic hangers (they must hang everything up)
wallet
social security card
cigarettes (I brought 2 packs but he could have more)
toothbrush
toothpaste
twin sheets (I brought blue and they have to be flat sheets-no fitted)
pillowcase
2 towels
2 washcloths
deoderant
batteries (I brought AA)
walkman/headphones (the one he had from jail)
bar soap (I brought 2)
toilet paper (I brought 6 rolls)

The stuff you bring can be used or new. I just put it all in a garbage bag and told them at the front window I had it for him. You have to have your ID and be on his visitation list. When I brought the stuff, we were allowed to sit outside the front door (by the parking lot, yeah that's right, no fence!) for about 30 minutes while they approved everything. You can hug and hold each other-making out is probably not ok

He told me he can request more stuff and once it's approved, I can bring it. I'm also allowed to bring coffee, powdered creamer and sugar/sweetner once it's approved. He was not allowed to have a pillow and the clothing could have brand symbols and writing on them but could not be profane, or elicit drugs or alcohol. The sizing and style of clothing doesn't really matter. They can have carpenter jeans, faded jeans, and long shorts. I was in walmart buying the stuff for him and had a question about sizing so I called the WRC. The officer who answered the phone actually transferred me so that I could ask my fiance over the phone. Good thing to or he would have been wearing highwaters for pants.

They go to Kmart for shopping and are not allowed to buy food when they go, only powdered drink mix. When I come for visitation, I have to bring any food we're going to eat but it has to be in clear plastic containers. I can even bring pizza or wings!

They are placed in a room with 2 other guys and 2 rooms share 1 bathroom. The newest guy gets the top bunk, then moves to the bottom bunk, then to the single bed. Jobs are scarce, big surprise. You are permanent party first. He's working in the kitchen and makes $20 a month. There's a bunch of industrial stuff around but it's all closed. I saw two inmates riding their bikes away from the center, on their way to work. He has been told that if you don't find a job, eventually they send you back to prison.

The number for the WRC is 772-468-3929
The address is:
1203 Bell Ave
Fort Pierce, FL 34982-6599

Also, as a heads up. They pick them up on Mon and Thurs from RMC Work Camp. When he was moved from the prison, he was sent to SFRC first for about 1 1/2 weeks. It was really nasty there. He was only able to call me about 3 times. I usually speak to him every day. There's only about 4 phones for a hundred guys and they're sometimes broken. I sent him money via JPAY on the Friday after he was moved and he didn't get it on his card. Instead, DOC puts it on a check and he gets the check after he gets to WR. Apparently, they only do this one time so, had I sent the money after that day, it would've gone on his card. Any money sent to them after their account is "zeroed out", they can use until they get their check. They are moved to Ft. Pierce WRC from SFRC on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Well, with all the questions I had prior to his move, I hope this info helps somebody.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belle_mere For This Useful Post:
BGsWIFEY (09-23-2009), BraddsMom (08-10-2015)
Sponsored Links