Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Kentucky Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 06-24-2018, 02:22 PM

Default Can inmates keep mail

hi my partner is in little sandy.he says he can only keep a few letters.is this true. i thought they would be able to keep all there mail.plz help.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,288 Times in 14,839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwil View Post
hi my partner is in little sandy.he says he can only keep a few letters.is this true. i thought they would be able to keep all there mail.plz help.
Little Sandy's rules say only 10 letters may be kept at a time, but its my understanding that they don't enforce it - or they didn't.

Your partner can mail out any "over abundance" of received letters to you, or anyone he'd like.

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (06-25-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 02:14 PM

thank you
Old 09-10-2018, 04:24 PM

I have a few penpals that I write to and my experience has indicated that rules such as that are very inconsistent in how/when they are enforced.

Most prisons have some sort of limit. Many have a fixed number, while others simply say that everything the inmate has must be contained inside whatever storage space they have.

For the ones that have a limit on the number of letters or photos, that limit appears to be enforced on a periodic basis. My penpals have told me that there will occasionally be a shake down' where the COs come in and go through the prisoner's belongings, throwing out anything that they aren't supposed to have. If the inmate has too many letters or photos they usually aren't allowed to choose which ones to keep. If the COs are being especially ornery they can write the inmate up for the violation.

R. Mc.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmc50 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-10-2018)