Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 06-20-2004, 06:55 AM

Talking Proposal Stories

I was just wondering how did he go about proposing to you?

My 3rd anniversary of him asking is right around the corner. We are having problems with Illinois, so right now Roger "proposing" is about as close to an anniversary as I can get.

It was June 26, 2001. We were sitting in the visiting room basically by ourselves and all of sudden the phone started ringing, CO's were coming in and out and he could tell something was going on.. Seems some real rocket scientists were running from the police and heading straight towards the prison thru a cornfield. I just shook my head.

Well, we were sitting there talking and holding hands and all of sudden he started shaking. I mean his arms literally started shaking. I looked at him and said what's wrong with you, he said nothing, I was like yea right ! What's wrong !

Then he said it, he took my hands and said, "Would you give the me the honor and privledge of being my wife" before he could even finish I said YES, looking straight into his eyes.

We had been together for nine months at that time and that was our second day of visiting. It was almost perfect, no one else around, just me and him, he actually kept apologizing, saying I am sorry being in prison is not how I want to do this, It shouldnt have to be this way. But I just squeezed his hand and said, that doesnt matter, all that matters is me and you.

So that is my story. I would like to hear from others. How did your man go about asking you to be his wife and have you been able to get married yet.

Have a great day !
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Roger's Girl For This Useful Post:
bl6ckr0s3 (07-17-2011), Cedrick's Queen (08-14-2010), FreeMyKing516 (10-14-2019), hisstar (11-15-2010), I'mHerQueen (08-30-2008), kak123 (12-15-2011), KirstenTaylorC (01-03-2013), LA9JL (02-24-2011), Lori_76 (09-20-2012), mcooper (10-12-2011), qu33ns1n (03-16-2013), Strictly4MySir (03-30-2012), thenewmrskdj (11-22-2010), trenner (04-22-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Steven's Girl

I asked him. We have been best friends for 14 years. He is the only friend I still have from childhood. He's been in since 1998.

I was talking to him on the phone, and he asked me why I wasn't dating anymore. I told him I was waiting for him to come home so I could sweep him off his feet.

He said "are you serious?"

"I said, more serious than I've ever been about anything in my life - I love you more than life itself, will you marry me?"

he said "I have waited five years to hear you tell me you love me, I thought I was going to have to kidnap you when I got out and hold you hostage until you gave in"

I asked him if he was sure, and he asked me if I was crazy! hahaha... I guess he had held a secret crush the whole time he was in, but didn't want to put the burden on me of having to wait for him. He didn't want to lose me as a friend, so he kept mum through everything.

Great thread, thanks for letting me share
bl6ckr0s3 (07-17-2011), Cedrick's Queen (08-14-2010), HisFlower82 (09-12-2019), hisstar (11-15-2010), kak123 (12-15-2011), MrsAraque (02-07-2014), qu33ns1n (03-16-2013), Willie'sQueen (03-10-2011)
Old 06-21-2004, 09:13 AM
He is Home!! Thank God!

He said "Baby, I need you. Will you be my lady? Will you be my wife?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babieboo For This Useful Post:
HisFlower82 (09-12-2019), hisstar (11-15-2010)
Old 06-21-2004, 03:07 PM

It was right after a big huge dramatic argument we were having long before he went in. We had been together at that point about 3 years. We had been talking about getting married and I already had the ring (long story). I had given it back while we were fighting. Well, he got down on one knee and said with tears in his eyes (he's such a tough guy so I was very touched) "I don't want you to be with anyone else but me and I don't want anyone else. I love you, will you marry me?" of course I was hysterical and could only nod. We aren't married yet, we are trying to decide if we should do it while he is in there or wait till he gets out.
hisstar (11-15-2010), kak123 (12-15-2011)
Old 06-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

I asked first We basically had confessions of love that crossed in the mail, but when it actually came down to the marriage part, I asked him AND it was before we had photos of each other

But months down the road when we finally got to meet face to face, he proposed to me making it official

mrs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsdragoness For This Useful Post:
hisstar (11-15-2010), kak123 (12-15-2011)
Old 06-21-2004, 03:45 PM
My baby is home!!!!

He asked me on V-day on the back of one of the cards he sent me.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:45 PM

This is great. I truly love hearing all these stories.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roger's Girl For This Useful Post:
MrsAraque (02-07-2014), Willie'sQueen (03-10-2011)
Old 06-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Banned

Brennan asked me when I was 3 months pregnant with Weston it was cute though on how he proposal was. I was taking a shower because we were going out to dinner that night and all of sudden I turned around and he was on my knee buck naked and had a ring box I am freaking out while laughing sooo hard also. He goes'Amber Lynn you are now going to be the mother of my child and the only thing else you need to become is my wife...he goes i have so much respect for you and love to offer you I would love for you to be my wife so I can give you thoses things each adn everyday for the rest of our lives I didnt stop crying at all
Old 06-21-2004, 08:05 PM

The very first time I knew marriage was on his mind is when he told me he had a dream that we were walking in the park hand in hand and we were wearing rings. I knew at that very second, but never said much. He made severel other mentions of our future as husband and wife, but never officialy asked me. He even signed his letters a few times "love your husband", but again never asked me. Finally he started talking about someday he wanted to propose, but wanted to wait until he could do it right. He wanted to be able to put a ring on my finger as he was asking me to be his wife. Some time passed and one day I decided that I would go to walmart and get a inexpensive ring. I wore it into visiting on my right hand because I had strong feelings about not wanting it on my left hand until he put it there. One of the first things he did once settled in was count the change and get drink money out of the coin purse so while I was waiting for him I slipped the ring into the purse and as soon as he saw the ring he knew exactly what to do with it. He slipped the ring on my left finger and asked me to be his wife
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TNC For This Useful Post:
becca0218 (12-09-2012), HisFlower82 (09-12-2019), humboldtsweetie (07-09-2009), jerseyncountry (07-29-2012), kak123 (12-15-2011), KirstenTaylorC (01-03-2013), qu33ns1n (03-16-2013), Strictly4MySir (03-30-2012), THEDRSBRIDE1175 (04-30-2017), thenewmrskdj (11-22-2010), Willie'sQueen (03-10-2011)
Old 06-21-2004, 08:48 PM

You are a very clever woman TNC
The Following User Says Thank You to Roger's Girl For This Useful Post:
Willie'sQueen (03-10-2011)
Old 06-21-2004, 09:25 PM
James BabyGirl

This is a great thread! We have known each other and been talking off and on for 17 years!...anyway I have been by his side thru everything and finally we got to some serious talking about us in letters. Then on my second trip up there to see him and on Sun. as the last visit was ending he asked me. He was shaking and all nervous and asked if I would be his wife. It sure didn't take me long to say yes. He has been the one true love of my life. And hopefully we will be getting married Aug. 14, 2004!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redredwine For This Useful Post:
MrsAraque (02-07-2014), Willie'sQueen (03-10-2011)
Old 06-21-2004, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's Girl
You are a very clever woman TNC
The beauty of this method was he was still able to propose. All I did was provide the tools to do so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNC For This Useful Post:
kak123 (12-15-2011), Willie'sQueen (03-10-2011)
Old 06-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Account Closed

Oh, Tanya....how cool is THAT???

Okay....well, Shawn has been dropping hints for a while now. Today, I had my first visit with him, and he asked about a ring I had on my third left finger. "Is that a wedding ring?" he asked. "No, it's an amethyst, with my birthstone...and why would I be wearing a wedding ring?" He said, "Well, you will be as soon as you say "yes" to me...."

Totally unexpected...but the answer is definitely "yes"!
Old 06-28-2004, 01:08 AM

Kurt asked me when he first went in, after he was in county a little over a month. He had talked seriously about it in his letters. So I knew it was coming soon, just by the way he was building it up. So one night when he called, we were talking all normal then i can hear him get nervous! I'm like "what's wrong?" he says nothing.....of course and a semi long pause lol. Anyway, he said basically the same thing Roger said to you Shel, he said "Would you do the honor or becoming my wife?" I was nervous too......I said "I'd love to!" It was crazy......that was April 16th of this year. We're not married yet, we're trying to decide if proxy marriage is the way to go for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jennifer_04 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2004, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_04
Kurt asked me when he first went in, after he was in county a little over a month. He had talked seriously about it in his letters. So I knew it was coming soon, just by the way he was building it up. So one night when he called, we were talking all normal then i can hear him get nervous! I'm like "what's wrong?" he says nothing.....of course and a semi long pause lol. Anyway, he said basically the same thing Roger said to you Shel, he said "Would you do the honor or becoming my wife?" I was nervous too......I said "I'd love to!" It was crazy......that was April 16th of this year. We're not married yet, we're trying to decide if proxy marriage is the way to go for us.
good sories on this thread what is proxy marriage?
Old 07-07-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm his Super She-Ro!!!

Well my sweetie didn't actually ask. In his usual fashion he just told me I was going to marry him. I asked him how are u going to just tell me we are getting married. He says the same way I told u that u were my woman 5 years ago. I almost fell out of my chair last Sunday morning. Now that would of been real funny. Well I had nothing to say cause his reply would of been it dosn't matter we getting married anyway. And he calls me Ms. Bossy, go figure. Now I have to deal with the state of Texas long drawn out paper work quota to make this man my husband. Y'all wish me God's speed.
<center>Waiting Wives Club Member.... <center><center>To My Husband...Baby, It's a lot of folks doing this but they aint all keepin' it real, we are in 2 different worlds but still, I love and need you and I wont let you go, Its hard enough being alone I know you're missing me, missing home, rest your head cause you already know that Im by your side, forever keeping your hopes alive, I know how it feels to cry, you will never be alone in your struggle for life
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tears_N_Texas For This Useful Post:
bl6ckr0s3 (07-17-2011), mkc'swife (12-11-2009), PlasticInsanity (02-15-2011), rosebud1961 (01-14-2012), THEDRSBRIDE1175 (04-30-2017), Willie'sQueen (03-10-2011)
Old 07-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??

My honey and I have been dating since I was 15 and my parents were NOT happy. I wasn't aloud to see him or talk to him. I would sneak out and leave with him. So my mom moved me in with my dad in FL. I couldn't even tell him I was leaving he found my address from my brother. I was at a mini- golf course with my cousin and someone came up behind me and covered my eyes and I said who in the world, He said " Its the guy your gonna marry" I started laughing. He drove 1200 miles to see me. I was so glad to see him he stayed in FL for 2 weeks. Finally my mom gave up and let me move back home.When we were 18 we went fishing one night and he stood up in the boat and was digging in his pocket and I thought it would be funny to push him in so I did. Needless to say the ring was lost and he asked me when he got in the boat and I said "yes" then he pushed me in. So we are gonna get married on April 5. 2005. The date that I pushed him in the lake and lost the ring oops
bl6ckr0s3 (07-17-2011), KirstenTaylorC (01-03-2013), Willie'sQueen (03-10-2011)
Old 07-08-2004, 10:57 PM

my baby francisco actually proposed just this july 3rd , in visiting at ironwood , we were on the patio , and he got down on one knee and ask "will you be my wife" people were looking so before i could say yes i had to yell at him "GET UP PEOPLE ARE STARING"
then of course i said yes !
bl6ckr0s3 (07-17-2011), Willie'sQueen (03-10-2011)
Old 07-09-2004, 02:21 AM
My Heart Belongs to Him

awww..These stories are beautiful!!!! I don't have one of my own (yet.....hopefully soon) but this man is acting kinda different...He knows I HATE it when he says he has to ask me something or tell me something but he's gonna wait till i see him next or till his next letter. Last time he did so he asked me to move in with him (i said yes of course)...I'm kinda nervous....I don't know what it could be......and i honestly don't know if i would want him to do so in the visiting room at Big Muddy-My honey will be home soon (Sept. the latest) and I am more than willing to wait forever, just as long as he never leaves my side again.
The Following User Says Thank You to MissingJacob For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2004, 05:52 AM

Missing Jacob, When Roger proposed to me we were in the Danville visiting room. He's now at Big Muddy.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:21 AM
Down 4 Lyfe!

My husband and I had discussed getting married prior to him going to jail. He at first said he wanted to wait another year before we got married...but I knew otherwise. There was no doubt in my mind that he was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with, but I agreed, knowing that his mind would soon change, or at least hoping it would!

So when he was arrested in February, he was able to call every day. We talked and talked and talked about our future and where this relationship was going. Then one day in early March he said "I have something very important to ask you" Then he called his cellmate over to the phone to "witness" He said "I love you very much and wanted to know if you would be my wife" Of course I said YES! His cellmate got on the phone and gave his congratulations, telling me how T does nothing but talk about me constantly, that he is definitely in love and wished us luck in our marriage.

So from March to May, we tried to decide on when would we get married, by proxy, in prison or when he came home. He said he didnt want to wait, that we should just do it by proxy and get it over and done with and have a ceremony later on when he comes home. So that is what we did. He had the proxy form notarized, I flew to Texas and had a mini vacation with my sister that lives there, and got married! And I am so happy to now be his wife!

Patrice
Old 07-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Closed

Well he was my best friend (still is) one day we was talkin bout some hoodie that I didnt like and he looked at me and said: I'm down with you to the end no matter what your part of me & my life forever You and celena are and always be #1 and whoever don't like that will have to deal with it or get the F!*% on! and then he Says How soon can you become wifey? LMAO I was Like huh? are you serious? and then he goes we both no we feeling it there's no denying it lol we been married a year and 2gether 14 months best friends for 3 yrs
Old 07-10-2004, 02:08 AM

gee i wish i had a great story like you guys. in fact, I refuse to accept that this was even his proposal, I told him I expect a highly romantic one when he get's out and I actually get the ring.
but anyway, he already has a ring from a previous relationship that didn't work out and I'd always been bugging him about what he was going to do with it and when it'd finally make it onto my hand. Well after numerous discussions he called me up from county the night before he signed his deal to tell me what was going on. It was only like a five minute conversation but in the middle of it he just burst out, "So I guess I can give you the ring" to which i responded "you guess?"...and he says "Yeah, isn't this a story to tell the grandkids, your boyfriend in jail calls to say he guesses he'll marry you"

*sigh* so much for romance
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonelytears For This Useful Post:
PlasticInsanity (02-15-2011), qu33ns1n (03-16-2013), Willie'sQueen (03-10-2011)
Old 08-26-2004, 07:41 PM
We are Family!

well my man assumed we were engaged! One day I said "no we aren't. you never asked me!" then he said "yes i did" and i was like "no you didn't".

I go on my visit last week (thru tv monitor) and he was talking about something to do with the future and I had no idea what in the world he was talking about. I changed the subject. Then he blurted out "will you marry me?" I said yes. we couldn't hug or kiss but we both smiled.
when i got home from the visit i got the ring. he called on the phone and said "baby i love you very much. would you give me the honor of being my wife?" I said "YES" and put the ring on.

He told me on the visit he was nervous as hell and he was glad i could not see him from the shoulders down...he must've been shaking. I asked if he was afraid i was gonna say no and he was like, "no but for the first time i was nervous and i am never nervous!" awwww.

We are engaged for 11 days today.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wifey2Bee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2004, 04:38 PM

My Fiance' has been locked up for awhile now and he proposed to me about a month ago. It was so sweet too. I mean he talked about how he wanted me to be his wife and how he wanted to be my husband but he really never asked. he even signed his letter's love your husband. Then about a month ago He wrote me a letter and it said " I'm gonna ask u the right way when I get out but I wanna ask u now, Will you Marry me Baby?, You are my life, my world, my love, my soul, baby you are my everything so will u marry me?" Of course I wrote him back saying Yes, and then we talked on the phone 2 days later and he asked me again and I said Yes before he even finished asking me. We haven't decided if we wanna get married while he's in there or if we wanna wait til he's out. what should I do? Should we wait?

All thing's I've cryed about, My baby has known about
The Following User Says Thank You to Rod'sBabyGirl For This Useful Post: