Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:12 PM

Default Monitor came off

My boyfriend was released from prison April of this year he was told he'd be on house arrest for first 90 days and then curfew for 9 months so 1 year of wearing ankle monitor. Well it's been 6 months house arrest and no end insight for him with this parole officer he has a real ass for a parole officer he's always threatening all the parolees of revoking them and sending them back to prison. Kinda like he's on a power trip more or less. Well anyways last Sunday we were sitting at home and my boyfriend got up to get a glass of tea came back to sit down and his monitor band broke away from where it attaches to the monitor and fell off his leg. He immediately called his PO of course he didn't answer so he then text him. Still no response back. The next morning his PO calls says come to my office now. So we head straight there. When we get there he arrests him for a parole violation of tampering with the monitor. He never touched the thing and we have witnesses to attest to that,. They seen it come off him and land across the floor. Now he's sitting in jail on a revocation of parole charge and his parole officer even told him I know you didn't tamper with it. But now he's recommending ISF for 90 days and he's done nothing wrong at all. What can he do? Has anyone else experienced monitors falling off their leg or anything?
I think his parole officer is just wanting to bully the parolees around as much as possible. He is very degrading toward them when he speaks to them he is like trying to push their buttons it seems like almost to get them to break more or less. He doesn't allow for anything but work, class and home as far as his schedule goes. Can't even stop to cash his pay check after work on Fridays. Anyways what should we expect to happen at his hearing?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2019, 05:25 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,612 Times in 1,479 Posts

Almost sounds like your boyfriend is on SISP the way you describe the circumstances and all. Yes, they (parole board) can send him to ISF, but just because they can doesn't mean they will. Sometimes, the board follows the recommendation of a P,O, and sometimes they don't. Technically, they could send him back to prison, but from what you're saying of the situation, I'd doubt that. If he called his P.O. or texted him when the bracelet broke then, he did all he could do in the situation.
There's also something to be said for what your loved one is on parole for. Parole and parole matters are not always to do with what happens solely while on parole. Sometimes they hate on people who have crimes done in bad taste and so, I hope that is not the case with your loved one nor am I saying it is. Still, when they lock you up for something that minor then, I don't know. I was on SISP for a number of years and they never put me in jail when something to do with the monitor or the bracelet was an issue, but I never had a situation where my ankle bracelet came off accidental. I dropped my GPS monitor in the toilette one time by accident, but nothing serious came of the matter except that I to go to the parole office and get another one. Hope everything works out.
tgmcdowell (10-09-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 10:28 PM

Thank you. He's 50 yrs old and it was a, hit and run accident. They charged him with agg assault with deadly weapon. His parole officer is a jack ass to put it mildly. He's always degrading the people that, go into his office. I was even bitched out by him until I told him I wasnt one of his parolees and he will not speak to me like he just
was. Respect is earned not given freely and he needs a good lesson in mannerisms if you ask me. He's always telling him won't be long and you'll screw up and I'll have you back inside in no time. He tries to intimadate everyone he oversees. I'd love nothing more than to see his ass replaced can't lie about that. Yes he's on the super intense supervision parole. I'm guessing cuz his charge was an aggravated assault charge I'm not positive though. Thank you for responding back to my post.
The Following User Says Thank You to tgmcdowell For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (10-09-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 03:45 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,612 Times in 1,479 Posts

I understand.....I was on the Super Intensive Supervision Program for 7 years. I know all about it. And the main reason why I was on it for that long was to do with parole officers just like the one you're describing. I'd tell one of them to go take a flying leap at a rolling do nut in a New York minute. My mother had died prior to my release in 2009 and when I got out it was the first time for many things. First time no family or friends were to be found, first time at a halfway house, first time on SISP and for the first time what it truly meant to be a lone and without in this world. It was hard. Your boyfriend is fortunate to have you and I don't say that lightly. It means a great deal to have a woman like you that will stand beside one of us on SISP because truthfully, a lot of women will bail on a guy. They won't stick around due to the hardships of the monitor.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:36 AM

im sorry for all you went through alone its real hard . He says he has more freedom on the inside then at home.It really breaks my heart cuz hes not a bad guy at all,just got a bad rap through the system is all and is continuing to get screwed it seems. I'm not going anywhere I hope he knows that time will tell I guess. Do you know how long before he has his hearing on his revocation once hes been locked up? His PO has been to the jail 1 time said he would get paperwork to him but that was it. Not been back since.
Firebrand (Yesterday)
Old 10-09-2019, 11:41 AM

His PO is a real ASS! My boyfriends monitor was cut off by him twice and each time the company called him right away and told him to come in and get another one on. They knew he cut it off, even his PO called him and just told him to go get another one on.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:45 PM

I've now hired an attorney to attend the revocation hearing with him and I also want to get a few other things out in the open about his parole officer while we're there. He has zero business over seeing anyone on any type of supervised release he thinks all people that have been to prison need to rot there and he's even said that out loud. He's a sorry ass excuse of a human being. I have reported him to the Ombudsman and they said they would do some investigating to see what they turn up concerning my report I filed against him. I don't care if he knows it came from me or not he don't intimidate me at all I don't have to listen to his bitch ass. But anyone that goes to the Georgetown, Texas parole office and has to deal with him I sincerely feel for you big time. I'm having the attorney pull the parole violation /revocation list out of his office with his parolees to compare it to some other parole officers. I'm willing to bet he's got the lead in sending his people back to prison once they catch a violation. My boyfriend was suppose to have been off the monitor after 90 days. He's had no violations or any thing and his PO has him still on lock down after 180 days.Then the damn monitor falls off and now he's sitting back in jail. Trust me if he was trying to escape the parole he dm sure wouldn't have immediately tried calling the PO. Common sense tells you that much. It's total bull shit how he thinks he's God. He's not and I'll show him that he's met his match in me.

I don't back down especially if I think I'm right..... and on this I know I am right about this douche bag officer.

Sorry for the vent/rant
3_thehardway (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

OH goodness, you said GEORGETOWN that explains ALOT..Williamson county has a lot of Assholes there anyways...Thats the county NO one wants to get caught doing anything in..Im over here in Travis county and I literally do not go to Williamson at All if i dont have to for that specific reason...Goodluck, stand your ground especially if you know youre right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmcdowell View Post
I've now hired an attorney to attend the
revocation hearing with him and I also want to get a few other things out in the open about his parole officer while we're there. He has zero business over seeing anyone on any type of supervised release he thinks all people that have been to prison need to rot there and he's even said that out loud. He's a sorry ass excuse of a human being. I have reported him to the Ombudsman and they said they would do some investigating to see what they turn up concerning my report I filed against him. I don't care if he knows it came from me or not he don't intimidate me at all I don't have to listen to his bitch ass. But anyone that goes to the Georgetown, Texas parole office and has to deal with him I sincerely feel for you big time. I'm having the attorney pull the parole violation /revocation list out of his office with his parolees to compare it to some other parole officers. I'm willing to bet he's got the lead in sending his people back to prison once they catch a violation. My boyfriend was suppose to have been off the monitor after 90 days. He's had no violations or any thing and his PO has him still on lock down after 180 days.Then the damn monitor falls off and now he's sitting back in jail. Trust me if he was trying to escape the parole he dm sure wouldn't have immediately tried calling the PO. Common sense tells you that much. It's total bull shit how he thinks he's God. He's not and I'll show him that he's met his match in me.

I don't back down especially if I think I'm right..... and on this I know I am right about this douche bag officer.

Sorry for the vent/rant