Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Friends & Families of Addicts
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Friends & Families of Addicts Information for coping, dealing & living with a loved one's addictive behavior.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Jamies_Angel's Avatar
Jamies_Angel Jamies_Angel is offline
missing my hubby
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: west virginia
Posts: 409
Thanks: 168
Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts
Default Today is my loves 1st day in rehab!

well ladies its official my love is no longer in jail but today starts our first day through the rehab process. i dropped his things off to him around 9:30am and got to spend 15 to 20 minutes with him before they made me leave. we got to stand outside and talk in private and i got kisses and major hugs lol. it felt good seeing him after this long 10 month period. he held me and wouldnt let go until we had to.

we are on a 7 day block period (no calls or visits) but they have this family education day that falls on saturday and they approved us to attend. so i get to see him from 10am to 4 pm. i'm soo excited!! our phone calls start tuesday at 5pm and we get visits every sunday from 12pm - 2pm.

does anyone know what to expect? i'm just trying to get info. thanks ladies!!
__________________
~*~Anthonys Mommy~*~

I became a mommy to a beautiful baby boy on 1-20-2012 <3


I love both my boys very much! I love you Jamie and Anthony <3





Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-16-2011, 06:43 PM
PTO-189145 PTO-189145 is offline
--------------
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,632
Thanks: 11,964
Thanked 6,984 Times in 2,108 Posts
Default

This is GREAT news! Congratulations!!!

I have some experience in these settings, so I'd be happy to shed some of my insight on it.

Is it a halfway house?..to where he is mandated there as a condition of parole?...

or is it a regular rehab?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Heluvedme1st's Avatar
Heluvedme1st Heluvedme1st is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 6,551
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts
Default

Thats great.... I hope this is a start of better days for you guys
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heluvedme1st For This Useful Post:
Jamies_Angel (03-17-2011)
  #4  
Old 03-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Jamies_Angel's Avatar
Jamies_Angel Jamies_Angel is offline
missing my hubby
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: west virginia
Posts: 409
Thanks: 168
Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
This is GREAT news! Congratulations!!!

I have some experience in these settings, so I'd be happy to shed some of my insight on it.

Is it a halfway house?..to where he is mandated there as a condition of parole?...

or is it a regular rehab?
its regular rehab. the judge gave him rehab instead of prison and then after hes done with this he has 6 months of home confinement and then 5 years probation. they called me today and said i have to be at the rehab saturday by 10 am for the family education program.

any help would be great i'm soo confused lol
__________________
~*~Anthonys Mommy~*~

I became a mommy to a beautiful baby boy on 1-20-2012 <3


I love both my boys very much! I love you Jamie and Anthony <3





Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamies_Angel For This Useful Post:
PTO-189145 (03-17-2011)
  #5  
Old 03-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Jamies_Angel's Avatar
Jamies_Angel Jamies_Angel is offline
missing my hubby
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: west virginia
Posts: 409
Thanks: 168
Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvedme1st View Post
Thats great.... I hope this is a start of better days for you guys
thank you!! i hope things get easier now.
__________________
~*~Anthonys Mommy~*~

I became a mommy to a beautiful baby boy on 1-20-2012 <3


I love both my boys very much! I love you Jamie and Anthony <3





Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Heluvedme1st's Avatar
Heluvedme1st Heluvedme1st is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 6,551
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamies_Angel View Post
thank you!! i hope things get easier now.
I hope so too... Be strong girlie and keep your head up
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heluvedme1st For This Useful Post:
Jamies_Angel (03-17-2011)
  #7  
Old 03-17-2011, 03:08 AM
Jamies_Angel's Avatar
Jamies_Angel Jamies_Angel is offline
missing my hubby
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: west virginia
Posts: 409
Thanks: 168
Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvedme1st View Post
I hope so too... Be strong girlie and keep your head up
i'm trying too but this no contact thing and not knowing whats going on with him is driving me nuts!! lol. i'll be happy when saturday gets here and i'm in his arms and the worrying dies down.
__________________
~*~Anthonys Mommy~*~

I became a mommy to a beautiful baby boy on 1-20-2012 <3


I love both my boys very much! I love you Jamie and Anthony <3





Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-17-2011, 05:56 PM
PTO-189145 PTO-189145 is offline
--------------
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,632
Thanks: 11,964
Thanked 6,984 Times in 2,108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamies_Angel View Post
its regular rehab. the judge gave him rehab instead of prison and then after hes done with this he has 6 months of home confinement and then 5 years probation. they called me today and said i have to be at the rehab saturday by 10 am for the family education program.

any help would be great i'm soo confused lol
Hi again sweetie!

I can ONLY speak for the rehabs here in NY...and as you know...every place is different and has their own set of rules.

The rehabs I have visited is A LOT more laid back than prison. Of course there are rules that need to be followed.

When my brother was in a rehab we had to sit through this informational meeting about the Do's and Don'ts of Visiting. Also coping skills...etc Then we got to visit in a cafeteria like setting. There are a bunch of people in the room.

Now...my honey. He is a halfway house. I have to get checked before I go in...metal detectors..etc...He had to have a visit list submitted AND approved before I was able to visit, and there was a two week black out period of no visiting. He is able to wear regular clothes, and have real money.

If you are looking for specifics I would recommend calling the rehab yourself, and see what they can offer you as far as visit times, dress code..etc
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Jamies_Angel's Avatar
Jamies_Angel Jamies_Angel is offline
missing my hubby
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: west virginia
Posts: 409
Thanks: 168
Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
Hi again sweetie!

I can ONLY speak for the rehabs here in NY...and as you know...every place is different and has their own set of rules.

The rehabs I have visited is A LOT more laid back than prison. Of course there are rules that need to be followed.

When my brother was in a rehab we had to sit through this informational meeting about the Do's and Don'ts of Visiting. Also coping skills...etc Then we got to visit in a cafeteria like setting. There are a bunch of people in the room.

Now...my honey. He is a halfway house. I have to get checked before I go in...metal detectors..etc...He had to have a visit list submitted AND approved before I was able to visit, and there was a two week black out period of no visiting. He is able to wear regular clothes, and have real money.

If you are looking for specifics I would recommend calling the rehab yourself, and see what they can offer you as far as visit times, dress code..etc
thanks that helped alot!!

my man can have his normal clothes and junk food and cigs brought to him and cd's and all that good stuff.

i will know more about visits tomorrow when i go up there. as far as i know and what he has wrote me we have to do a ropes activity (climbing a tree stand and going through a obstacle course) as a part of our couples therapy to have better communication. i'm scared to death of heights and this tree stand is 50ft in the air !!

from whats on this paper they gave me i have to take a class with him and sit through 4 hours of lectures and rules, and discussions before our 2 hour visiting time.

we are on a 7 day block period that ends tuesday at 5pm but since this weekend is family education day they waived that only for saturday.

thanks again for all your help hun
__________________
~*~Anthonys Mommy~*~

I became a mommy to a beautiful baby boy on 1-20-2012 <3


I love both my boys very much! I love you Jamie and Anthony <3





Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamies_Angel For This Useful Post:
PTO-189145 (03-18-2011)
  #10  
Old 03-18-2011, 07:21 PM
PTO-189145 PTO-189145 is offline
--------------
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,632
Thanks: 11,964
Thanked 6,984 Times in 2,108 Posts
Default

wow sounds like an awesome program. Its great that its hands on and you are able to experience it with him! Good luck and be sure to update us on how everything went
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Jamies_Angel's Avatar
Jamies_Angel Jamies_Angel is offline
missing my hubby
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: west virginia
Posts: 409
Thanks: 168
Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
wow sounds like an awesome program. Its great that its hands on and you are able to experience it with him! Good luck and be sure to update us on how everything went

from what i've been told it is a good program. i will update when i get home around 5pm. ahh i'm soo excited!!
__________________
~*~Anthonys Mommy~*~

I became a mommy to a beautiful baby boy on 1-20-2012 <3


I love both my boys very much! I love you Jamie and Anthony <3





Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamies_Angel For This Useful Post:
PTO-189145 (03-18-2011)
  #12  
Old 03-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Jamies_Angel's Avatar
Jamies_Angel Jamies_Angel is offline
missing my hubby
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: west virginia
Posts: 409
Thanks: 168
Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts
Default **Update**

well everyone our family education day turned out extremely well. we got to spend like 5 hours or so together. they made the family of the addicts go to a meeting alone to discuss our worry's and hopes. then we got an hour an a half lunch together but we just cuddled up in the room and talked and kissed and spent time together. then we all had a group meeting and listened to some speakers talk and then we had visitation and couples counseling.

we really talked and listened to each other and for once i feel like i'm getting the man i fell in love with back. this is not easy for us but i'm willing to be there for him every step of the way.

i had a wonderful time today and can't wait to go back this weekend . as for phone calls we get a 20 minute call every night and no calling cards are needed its free!!!
__________________
~*~Anthonys Mommy~*~

I became a mommy to a beautiful baby boy on 1-20-2012 <3


I love both my boys very much! I love you Jamie and Anthony <3





Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics