Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Friends & Families of Addicts
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Friends & Families of Addicts Information for coping, dealing & living with a loved one's addictive behavior.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 AM

Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,529 Posts
Default What is Sky scraper and Serenity?

I am a illiterate when it comes to drug. But I have heard of these 2 and would like to understand more about it. Also it can be bought at service stations, Etc? How can the PO office test to see if you used these?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM

this might be that legal "incense" that when smoked has the same affects as marijuana. as of yet, i am not sure if they are testing for it or not, but i heard on public radio the other day that they have a way to test for it and that it is being made illegal in the near future.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaymi For This Useful Post:
yardygurl (01-26-2011)
Old 01-24-2011, 06:25 PM

I sure hope they can test for it when you have to do a UT, What i read was it is dangerous and can cause brain bleeding, and death.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 PM

Thanked 2,427 Times in 849 Posts

I want to see a bann on all this CRAP down to the bath salts/beads in these smoke shops.
I find it hard to believe these shops can just stick a damn label on it and say NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION and get away with it.
I don't want to live in a police state LOL!!! but the government is also at fault because they know dang well what this stuff is used for and they continue to allow it to be sold.

Last edited by Lordbew/us; 01-24-2011 at 10:26 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Lordbew/us For This Useful Post:
yardygurl (01-26-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 07:11 AM

What can we do as citizens to get this stuff band? Do we start with city council in our county? Go to meeting and purpose banning this? I read where it can cause brain bleeding and death.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:58 AM

From what I've read it's really bad and should be banned it's really not good.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Anthony's Mom

I don't know about these specific brands but my niece and her friends spent all night in the ER after smoking similar stuff they bought over the counter at a smoke shop. After they went back there and told the guy what happened he pulled it off the shelf but still. Very scary that it causes all those problem. They only had short term problems... illness breathing etc. Thank goodness they are ok.

"God's will won't ever take you where Gods grace cannot protect you."

"A successful corrections system doesn't grow, if they were correcting anybody, they'd shrink." ~Stephen Richards
Old 01-27-2011, 12:39 PM
tired

Thanked 14,167 Times in 3,687 Posts

We have a problem with what is known as 'spice' in my area. It does not show up in any of the drug kits we use. It is a bad hallucinate.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:37 PM

When I was on probation I heard of that K2 legal stuff. And now this girl I go to college with is about to be on probation and she showed up with some stuff called LoL.

Basically, all this stuff is legal alternatives but they are sold as incense. The government makes them write "Not for human consumption" because you aren't supposed to sell it as something to smoke, but obviously people do smoke it.

As far as drug testing? No, this is undetectable in drug tests. The standard drug test test for THC, Opiates, Cocaine, Meth... the big drugs. Even the 13 panel drug tests won't pick this stuff up. I went to take a drug test after I just smoked a bowl of K2 and heard someone talking about how "these kids are stupid! This stuff will show up on a drug test anyway!" Well needless to say I passed.

The reason it can't be tested is because... well because you really don't know what you're smoking.... And neither does the government. Putting "Not For Human Consumption" on the back of the bag gives the producers legal rights to put WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT IN IT. Literally anything. They apparently made K2 illegal in Michigan, so the company took out the illegal ingredient and substituted it with something else, now they call it "Dragon Smoke" or whatever. The basis for it is a spray known as JWH, apparently some scientist was looking for what made weed work and he found out the formula to activate the same receptors.

I don't smoke it anymore and I don't recommend ever smoking it. There have never been any tests on it at all. It doesn't last very long and the tolerance builds quickly. I have heard stories of kids dropping dead from smoking K2 and various other stuff. Personally, it was alright for probation when I couldn't smoke weed, but I definitely would never do it again. You have no idea what they are putting in this stuff and what the actual substance is they are spraying it on, it looks like hay or artificial flowers... who knows???

The government will never be able to regulate this stuff simply because they have no idea what to make illegal. Currently K2 is listed as a "drug of concern" by the DEA.

They can't make smoke shops stop selling incense, because that's what this stuff is. People are warned it's not for human consumption, but still choose to smoke it anyway. They aren't going to make it illegal because people are idiots; you can sell a product to a customer but how he chooses to use it is up to him.

Last edited by angry.chair; 01-27-2011 at 01:44 PM..