Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:55 PM

Exclamation Visit is in 7 hours and I'm so unprepared. Helppp!

This is my first visit and I've read the visiting regulations a million times. But I'm still confused about a few things. First, I've read a lot about the dress code being strict. Are skinny jeans okay? It's all I own that's decent. Second, are clear bags okay? I saw a few people say it's okay. The visit regulations say I'm allowed to bring 2 diapers but what about wipes? And formula/bottles/etc? I have a 10 month old and a 6 year old, and we're driving 5 hours to visit, so I need to know what all I can bring for the baby to be able to stay the whole visit. Also, kinda tmi, but what are the rules on tampons? Can I bring some or is there a little vending thing in the bathroom that I should bring extra change for? And how much are vending machines usually? It says you can only bring a reasonable amount of change for the number of visitors but I don't really know what's considered reasonable. I'm soooooo nervous and I am honestly terrified that I'm not thinking about all the variables and I'm also terrified that I'm going to mess something up. My husband is at the satellite camp at Beckley WV so also of anyone has any specific info on there or the rules there or any tips that would be helpful or calm my nerves it would be soon appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vchssr1 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-15-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2019, 06:36 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,039 Times in 12,729 Posts

Be sure to have a change of clothes available in case something you are wearing doesn't suit the visiting room COs. Since you will be visiting at a camp, the situation should be smoother than it would be in higher security institutions.

Tell them that this is your first visit. Try to relax, after tomorrow you will have answers to all of your questions, so have a great visit.