Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 04-03-2004, 01:38 PM

Default 'The Walls' WSP MAX

Did the normal stupid kid stuff shopplifting, theft, assault so was in and out of juvi from the time I was 9, at 18 did 4 months in Mason county WA for Reckless Endangerment 1, then a few nights in other jails finishing off at 21 years old with 30 months prison time for robbery 24 of which were in WSP 'The Walls' max units 6,7, 8 and 1N/S. Got out '96 with what looks to be one maybe two strikes, haven't been following the laws as closely as I should. At any rate been clean for the whole time and even went on to get an education including a BA from you guessed it UCLA. The kicker is now I have to figure out what to do now. If any one has some ideas of a worthy nature let me know.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2004, 06:53 PM

hello everyone i did 3 years and 10 months in missouri. im 24 now.i went in 99 and got out in nov2002.im new to this site .so far its great. im glad people have support like this.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:47 PM

Hi everyone, Got out in January 2004 from Valley State Prison for Women in California. Time is flying by, unlike the time spent on the "inside." Seems like theres just not enough time in the day to get all I want to get done. Spent 3 years on a 5 year term. 17 of those months spent in a SAP located inside the prison. Really can't say anything good about the SAP. There's just as much "game" in their idea of a drug program as there is on the streets. Thank god for the support of family and close friends. Also the support of PTO keeps me in touch with whats going on "inside" and reminds me daily that it's not the place I ever wan't to be again. Three trips to "state" was three to many. I keep in close contact with two friends who are "lifers" at two different California Prisons and forward information to them that I hope they find helpful. Just because I'm not "inside" today doesn't mean that it won't ever happen again. There are many locked up who are not guilty of any crime. It's one day at a time and keep the company of positive people. Take care and have a great day.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:37 PM

Hi!
I'm David and did 3 flat in Texas - 2 at the Duncan unit in Diboll and 1 at the segovia unit in Edinburg. I know, I know.... I'd never heard of these places either!
Been there, Done that, told them they could keep the damn shirt!
Old 05-05-2004, 02:56 AM

My name is Tom and I did 3.5 in Arizona (Douglas, Safford, and Ft.Grant). I am also one of the luck ones here. I took a plea from the state (conspiricy to distribute), which was the only change against me that they could not prove (because it was'nt true). The judge sentanced me to 3.5 to 5yrs. About 4 hours later, the Feds came and served me with the same 5 charges that the state dropped!

About a year into my state time, I was transferred to the federal prison in Tucson, AZ to stand trial (and without a leg to stand on, really!). All the charges that I faced were a matter of fact and record,... and the fed's have something like a 98% conviction rate. I was looking at a minimum of 15 years,.. mandatory.

Then a miracle happened - I got a good public defender (court appoointed private atty.). He'd worked at the justice dept. and had read a memo by Janet Reno stating that the practice of picking up charges after a plea had been reached required her personal approval. I guess he had a private talk with the proscesacution and convinced them to avoid the embarassment of explaning why he was violating his boss' own written policy.

They took their time sending me back to state custody,.. about 4 months. I stocked up on cheap federal smokes, free sodas in the chow hall, and even managed to wear my federal boots back to the state pen! Except for the stress, it was kind of like a mini vacation.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing_tom
Then a miracle happened - I got a good public defender (court appoointed private atty.). He'd worked at the justice dept. and had read a memo by Janet Reno stating that the practice of picking up charges after a plea had been reached required her personal approval. I guess he had a private talk with the proscesacution and convinced them to avoid the embarassment of explaning why he was violating his boss' own written policy.
This is information that can help my fellah. Thank you Dancing Tom!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 03:24 PM

I did four and half in Arizona State Prison (Walls 1975-1979) three more in Federal Correctional Inst Ashland, Kentucky (80-83) Two more for Arizona State Prison (Picacho, the walls and Douglas) 86-89) and eleven flat for the feds (1992-2003) FCI Phoenix, USP Lompoc, and FCI Sheridan. Twenty years total. Been out 5 and a half months. Still have a two and a half year tail. 56 years old, Vietnam veteran.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:53 PM

i did 16 months on a 3year sentences on the hobby unit in texas, not nice im 47 now i got out may 8th 2002 and off parole feb 2004 been out 2 years and i hope i never have to got back in side i go to two different units here in texas every other week end my sons in add seg on the fergerson unit he's been locked up for 6 yr 5mo and my husband on the boyd unit he getting out in 5 months i meet tony 4 day before he got picked up on a vioation and fell deeply madley in love and married him jan 12,2003 by proxy everyone thinks ive lost my mind but i know ive found my true love
LADYFREEDOM45
Old 05-29-2004, 01:03 PM
The BAND-not the team

Howdy...

My name is Greg. I served 2 sentences at Oxford FPC totalling almost 26 months. Both were for bank fraud, and stemmed from the same incident, not different crimes. I was prosecuted by one bank in 1995 and another in 2001. I owned a finance company and "embellished" credit applications to enable people to get loans they would not have normally gotten. I did 12 months in '96-'97 and 18 in '02-'03. I went to Oxford both times, as I live in southeastern Wisconsin.

I've been active in prison related issues since my release in April of '03, having been the moderator of the Federal Prison forum at PTO's new sister penpal site: www.LostVault.com, and answering various questions and concerns on a few other sites as well.

I'm looking forward to being a part of your community here...

Greg aka EF

Last edited by EaglesFan; 05-29-2004 at 01:04 PM..
Old 06-06-2004, 02:38 AM

OK, apart from getting in trouble when I was 13 for a string of burglaries, I was incarcerated for 2 years out of 6, I have now served over half of my parole-I spent my time in Goulburn Jail in New South Wales Australia, it is 150 yrs old and looks it, it was for drug offences, faced 25 yrs for my first offence, as above got 6yrs on top. Got to spend some time in a fancy pre-fab Wackenhut prison for a while, what a holiday, if anyone is interested Goulburn is called "the killing fields" by inmates, worst prison in oz, where I went for my first taste, due to where I live, very nasty indeed, it houses about 600 inmates in 4 wings-like the old Brittish jails you see, infested with cockroaches, lucky to have a working bar heater and a light at the same time, WWII blankets, filthy mattresses, no furniture, old school jail-bloody horrible-will never grace it with my presence again, take care--DODGIE--
Old 06-06-2004, 02:39 AM

OH, if anybody can tell me how to direct chat on here if it is possible I would greatly appreciate it, thanks
Old 06-28-2004, 02:40 AM

Thought I should finally say hi since I have been reading these for a while. I spent 18 months at Lowell CI in Florida and 4 years 3 months at TPW in Tennessee before getting out October 8, 2002. My wild days when I was younger cost me alot but now a little older and a whole lot wiser. Still on paper but thanks to a very special person having a great life. Peace.
Kim
Old 07-03-2004, 04:16 PM

Default oz ex-prisoner

Hi all, I was arrested for armed robbery in October 1969. For the next decade I was confined inside maximum security prisons in New South Wales, Australia. I escaped twice. Once from the Sydney Court of Criminal Appeal and the second from the then State Penitentiary at Long Bay in Sydney. I was recaptured and charged with further bank robberies as an escapee. My final sentence was 18 years with 8 on the bottom. I served 11 years - classified as an intractable prisoner for escapes, attempt escapes and assault prison guards. I did just on 9 years confined in isolation and solitary (now they call it admin seg-same shit different name). In 1975 they built the first supermax prison in Australia called Katingal Special Security Unit. I was the third man in and the last man out when the government shut the place in 1978. I am the only Australian prisoner to have served the longest time isolated inside Katingal.

I was released from prison on parole in June 1980 and flirted with freedom until 1983 when I was falsely accused of murder and did another 2 year stint in max until I was acquitted at trial in April 1985.

I again flirted with freedom until 1991 but unfortunately I became vocal in the Sydney media concerning prisons, police corruption and the rewarding of criminal/prisoner informers. The Sydney Major Crime Squad and their Task Force Magnum (every corrupt last one of the mothers!) decided to take me off the street and falsely accused me of an armoured van robbery in another State. I was extradited to Queensland and thrown in another max prison staring down the barrel and five life sentences for robbery with violence and attmpt murder.

They arrested two blokes for a series of armoured van robberies including the one I was wrongfully imprisoned for and a supreme court judge ordered my immediate release with a "whoops, sorry about that!"

I had lost everything my home, business, and eventually my marriage. I sought compensation from the government amd got caught in a quaint catch 22 - The Queensland government said they put me in prison on the information supplied by the NSW Police Force (Task Force Magnum) acting in good faith and pushed the argument that NSW was liable for my wrongful imprisonment. The NSW government said they supplied information acting on the word of a criminal informer but they did not put me in jail therefore Queensland was liable. I fought that catch-22 legal battle until August 1996 -when I realised I had no show of beating either government I went back to my old stock in trade and held up a bank in Brisbane in September that year.

We were captured shortly after the bank robbery but the sentencing judge set a precedent in my case by ruling that the years of wrongful imprisonment I had experienced should be compensated and he compensated me in the form of 10 years and 3 on the bottom. My mate got 6 with a 2 on the bottom. I got out in 4 on parole and they shipped me back to NSW. Since my release in October 2000 I have been on parole in rural NSW studying and doing a bit of writing.

I have done 18 years in round figures 3 of those years I wasn't good for the crime they put me in there for. But you don't get any sympathy from the Australian legal system if you are innocent. If you want sympathy it is in the dictionary. It's between shit and syphillis. How did I survive? By maintaining the rage. cheers all.

ps The majority of detectives who operated as Task Force Magnum finally came unstuck during the 1996 Wood Royal Commiission into the NSW Police Force for assortment of crime including drug dealing, perjury, aiding and abetting armed robberies and a host of other corruption. They were dismissed from the police force. What goes around comes around!

Last edited by oz ex-prisoner; 07-03-2004 at 04:18 PM..
Old 08-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Eagles fan

I served 15 years of a 27 1/2 to Life sentence for Murder in the second degree, which was later reversed after spending 8 years learning the law myself due to ineffective assistance of both trial and apellate counsel. My incarceration started in Philadelphia, and went through Rikers Island, Elmira Correctional Facility, Coxsackie Correctional Facility, Elmira again, Clinton Correctional for 8 years, and finally was released from Rikers Island in 1995 after conviction was reversed in a twenty four page scathing opinion which attacked the trial judge, prosecuter and two attorney's (both assigned).
I have a vast knowledge of New York State correctional system, and also knowledgeable in civil and criminal law on a state level, and federal appellate level for state convictions, or for torts. I am available to assist anyone I can, so feel free to chat in chat room, or pm me.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:43 PM

hi my boy is sentenced to 9 years 5 mandatory for havina a weapon under disability. he also was caught with a reasonable amout of cocaine half kilo, he has never been in jail, he was at someone elses house when probation officers came, and they searched his bag after he kept yelling for a search warrant, his lawyer tried to get the evidence surpressed but as the judge heard the case he could not make a ruling, after waiting about 2mo first the judge was going to surpress it, but then he did not according to my sons papers, makes no sense, so now I am crushed cause he is my only child, can you give me any hope, do you think he will get out early or what thank you so much fir listrening to me
Old 09-08-2004, 08:50 AM

Default 9 years in Arizona prisons

I spent the last 9 years of my life in 2 different Arizona prisons. I was released in August.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:36 PM

I spent two years in a minnesota prison, caught a violation and spent an additional 3 1/2 I was released last year. I am off paper shortly... One more probation visit...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:58 PM
David Collingsworth

Cool Ridin' @ Texas

I've been in and outta jails in Texas for almost 20 years now. I was arrested for possession of marijuana @ 18 in Jersey Village, Tx. From there I spent time for theft, evading arrest and several other felonies in Harris County. In 1989 I picked up a deuce (2 year felony) on a PIA (Parole in Absentia) outta Harris County, I served 3 months and 18 days before being paroled without any gate money. 2 months later I robbed 2 convenience stores in a stolen car and picked up a 28 non-agg (2nd degree - 3g.) I served 6 years, 1 on Coffield, and 5 on Gib Lewis. I served another 6 on parole before I was revoked for going to Indiana without permission, but over that 6 I had been arrested a few times. I wasn't an angel. I have just got out after serving 2 years and 9 months on that technical violation. I was on Byrd (Diagnostics), and Torres. Since they revoked me I filed for all of my incarcerated time to apply to my sentence and so actually I have served 10 flat on my 28. I'm praying I can hang out with winners for the next 18. I don't know it all, but I like to help. Ask me if you need anything.
cell - 903-360-4697
davidcollingsworth@yahoo.com
Old 10-04-2004, 10:22 PM

Arrow Prison Kid

Hi, my name is "JJ". I was arrested in 2001 at 17 for 2nd degree Arson. Spent time in Juvenile, then moved on to 3 different county jails (all while awaiting sentencing for the Arson). While in county I got charged with 3rd degree Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer. After being senteced I ended up with a term of 21 months prison time (credit for county) and 2 years of probation. I did 19 off of 21 (8 in county, 11 in prison) and am currently on probation with 10 months left. I spent my prison time in Lowell C.I. Womens Unit. And I never intend to go back!
JJ
Old 10-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Da Ole Goat

JJ, you've made it this far with a short time to go on paper. Ya gotta take credit when credit is do and all this will fad in time.

Keep on keeping on and you'll do just fine.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Internet Guru

Default Generations of felons

I did 8 years in oklahoma, mostly in medium sec; Was in the Walls once for about 4 months. I paroled to Texas and haven't stepped foot in Okla. but twice; once for a Turner Falls campout and the second was a really brief visit to Tulsa to pick up family--which all by itself nearly turned out to be an ordeal with the police but was averted thru fast thinking and faster driving. Like most ex-felons I realize that future incarcerations don't require any actual violations, merely opportunistic law enforcement.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:08 PM

Does jail time count to post in this thread ? I did 13 days at the Polk County jail in Florida. For poss. of cannibis. And no it really wasn't mine. All that's over with now. BTW Polk County jail is, (what i've heard, the worst jail in the U.S.)It's the only one i've been in, and it was the worst if you ask me.

Last edited by SonyaNbuddy; 12-09-2004 at 08:14 PM..
Old 12-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Prison Survivor

8 yrs in South Carolina. wrong man. I am not claiming to be an angel either. was a dope head and alcoholic most of my young life. sober for 16 yrs now. self trained and professed legal wizard and advocate for prisoner convicts and moral support their families. Board member of SPAN (S.C. Prisoner Advocacy Network), work pro bono with Innocence Project, and communicate with prisoner/convicts through us mail. Now I am here to offer my assistance to anyone who needs it. I feel I have found a new home with PT.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:41 PM

Okay, So i know i've been hoofin it around here on PTO for quite some time and realized ive never posted on here so i thought what the heck...

I visited our lovely state penal system in Minnesota. Hit every prison within Minnesota's DOC except for Rush City and the womens prison in shakopee of course. I guess i grew up in prison with the best of my years being spent there. 19-26 Incarcerated for almost seven years. Ive been out since 2003 and am off paper now.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:35 PM

Cool

Hey all ... Did 3 years behind the fence and finished up with 7 more at Talladega FCI and the Camp respectfully. I was the resident bookie!
They said I laundered a few Billion...but who knows for sure. I'm very active in the legalization of Pot. They are really taking advantage of this fine herb. Too many non-violent folks are getting their lives ruined for this.
Will help anyone who needs info on Fed. Prisons.
The Following User Says Thank You to the hippie For This Useful Post:
h1llhouz (05-27-2009)