Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 08-08-2003, 07:46 PM

Whats up everyone...I did 7 yrs. for 2 counts of 1st deg. robbery. I went in 95, and got out in 02..gave birth to my only child in prison back in 96. Been thru alot and than some. I am 27 now. Bout to be 28 in Sept.
I have alot of homegirls in prison who I remain faithful in contact..and also a brother in law who just went in.
Hollar at me anyone who can FEEL me.
LadySoldier
Old 08-17-2003, 06:27 PM

Thumbs up

I've done a total 9 and a half yrs served, here in the Uk. Started with a 2 in 82, a six and a half in 87 and a 4 and a half in 99. Thats not including a 22 month remand in custody to be found not guilty! No apologies of course. Been in all the London Prisons plus more. Let me tell you we are fast adopting your rules especially the TX "lock em up mentality" and this 2 strikes and your out law. I was in Wormwood Scubs which is a lifers prison and it was full of 2 strikes and your out, all the real lifers were complaining.. Anyway got no parole been out 15 months and really glad I found your site, its brought some real good people together and I feel at ease here.

Last edited by colinuk; 08-17-2003 at 06:34 PM..
Old 08-28-2003, 11:18 AM

I was in and out of "juvi" from age 13 to just prior to turning 16. The charges including vandalism, running away, an auto theft and one bogus arson charge. Those records were sealed when I became emancipated or when I turned 18.

I did one stint in Riverside County, CA serving about 9 months of a one year sentence with five years probation added to that, which I did not complete.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:10 AM
Proud 2 be an EX-Offender

I was in the Hackberry Unit in Gatesville, Tx. I am here to help those who are going in and have fears and questions AND it helps me remember how horrible it was and that I never want to return.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:45 PM

Did Eighteen months at the walls in Moundsville, Wva from 1959 - 1961. Born across river in Ohio. Did six years CCI in Ohio for Att. murder, started to study law inside, went for four year psychology degree, signed onto law school, rejected, so do para-legal work in Ohio.
The Following User Says Thank You to ckaldor For This Useful Post:
elbw2 (05-19-2008)
Old 09-24-2003, 08:28 PM
Freed at last!

Just released from Alabama. Spent time in Kilby, Davis, and Loxley this time. Have also done time in West Jefferson or Donaldson it's called now and Ventress, Hamilton WR, and other stays in other places that I don't like to remember.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:03 AM

I did 2 1/2 in az doc was just released on sep.11 2003 and dont plan on returning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2003, 01:20 AM
Ghetto Boo

i am 36 ,

i have a juvty record that would throw u , in any state we was in ( military ) i did something and got caught

as an adult , i hooked up with dope boys , and took the rap many times , alaska, ny , pa , cali , fla , ga , chi town, atl , dc . all was short lives , see dem dope boys had dem good azz lawyers , i aint evn gonna tell u , how dem lawyers partyed and got favors to let me go ,

in the end , that man tried to kill me ,** when i was wantin to leave the game he turnt me out on ,,,,dope ** shot me and tried to cut off my feet , ( i look at my scars every day ) i have survived ,

now im married three kids , wonderful man 13 years yeah he knows it all , i just wonder what my kids should know , !!

i wirte alot of folks , cuz i know many didnt have a balla shot calla , and a crokked ass lawyer !! like was provided for me !!

Old 10-14-2003, 01:22 AM
Ghetto Boo

i would also like to note that i love , the poeple that come to these sites i visit ( a few sites ) many that know me , i have a great job ect , dont know that stuff , i just shared a big thing here , i must be at HOME !!

Old 10-14-2003, 03:52 AM
Account Closed

well i was arrested in yulee,fl charged with theft only stayed four days in nassau co. dropped charges a year later.was arrested in hazard ky,had 17 articles of stolen indenty's on me[fake dl's] charged with 6 class c felonies and one misdemeanor,spent 1 night and 1year later dropped charges. famous last words "i was innocent" wrong people right time.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:11 PM

I did 7 1/2 yrs. in a women's prison. I got out in Feb. 02.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:28 PM

I am an ex guest of the Missouri DOC...aka Missery!!!! I received a 15 year sentence, did 5 in and am serving the rest on paper. Was put on call-in on my parole 6 months ago, things are going good, even started my own business. I have been home 2 years now and thank God every day for my freedom and that my family was here waiting for me.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:32 PM

I spent most of the 70's in Missouri, mainly "The Walls". I caught a case while doing time and had to flatten my sentence. I saw many things there including murder by other inmates and by staff. Jeff City was one bloody place back then. As I got short I was transfered to Renz Farm and they made it a coed experiment, now that was a nice place. I met some real solid people there and stayed in the game after my release. Only years of being shot and arrested and seeing friends die made me quit. While in prison I met some of the scum of the earth, however I did meet some of the best people I have ever known. Now that I am getting older I miss all those years I lost, but at the same time it was something. The day I walked out of Jeff City I had no intention of going straight, I was 10 years behind and trying to catch up. I did anything I wanted and paid the price life was not dull....
Old 11-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Starting Over!

I have served 4 terms of probation. But that paper ride ended Jan 11, 1999. I served 2 years 11 months at Julia Tutwiler Prison for women in Alabama.

I was released in Aug. 2001 on parole. Did two years parole. Now By God's Grace I am free.

My reason for being here. I would like to help all that I can. And maybe learn somethings myself. I am so thankful for PTO. Finally people who can relate to me. Kat

</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER>

........But for the Grace of God, Go I.......
The Following User Says Thank You to katmat1995 For This Useful Post:
h1llhouz (05-27-2009)
Old 11-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Account Closed

I only did 6 days(in Harris County jail) in Houston, Texas & I do believe from reading& studying & BEING there-that's the worse jail in the U.S.A.!!! I feared for my life in there! I seen& heard some herific things while in there!!! Also I did lots of overnighters for P.I. back 7 years ago when I used to drink..Tn. N.C. S.C. Ga. Huntsville,Tx. but like I say out of all the jails I've been in HARRIS COUNTY was the worse!!!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 08:45 PM

Started going away as juvi, father not American, deported, never knew him. Mom into drugs and alcohol. Shot my first bag at 14. Turned 16 in Rykers. Short Fed stays, Aldenville, Lex, some county farm in VA, Philly State for woman, DC jail, most likely I've left some out, but my second home was MCI Framingham. I was doing life on the installment plan. In 90 I finished my last bid and I haven't been back. No new arrests, clean sober 10 plus years, in school now, went to college after getting GSD inside, only went to 7th grade, some of it, anyway. It cost years, really years, of time and effort to go and clean up my cases. I had a good lawyer who believed and took me pro bono.It was still expensive. I had time hanging, they declined to prosecute, scariest day of my life! I started in my home state and went down the line, cost money. My Boo is in the Fed Pen, 10 down, eight left. I say, I did it, you can, you've got more discipline than me. Like me, half a life inside, it's enough. So it can be done. Even tho they don't like you to forget, for a second. You know I can't visit, but I appeal, every transfer I will. I deserve to see him, and he's going to have to change his ways too.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:10 AM

I was incarcerated from February 97 to July 2000, at the Women's Community Correctional Center in Kailua, Hawaii. I got off parole 5 years early 1 1/2 years ago. For me, with the things I did and the dope I smoked I should be dead, prison was the blessing that saved me from dying. I learned a lot there and made some real true friends. Prison helped me learn how precious and valuable life really is, and that's the most important thing to me today. Without life then what do I have? My convictions are for drugs and firearms.
Aloha, Kaleilehua151
Old 11-17-2003, 11:33 AM

1988 I did 4 1/2 years in Marysville. ORW. I dont know how I can help but like everyone else I can listen. I have a hard time getting jobs because of the felony record. I have 2 grown boys, well almost any way. I ahve been home 10 years and only done 2 yrs. on probation.
sparks126
Old 11-24-2003, 06:55 PM

18 months at 15.As an adult work release,house arrest and state time 2 1/2 flat.All in OHIO.Released 92'.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:01 PM

Sparks - it sucks getting a job.U can get it expunged if it was a first offense and isn't certain crimes.Even if u want to do better employers of good jobs won't hire.i hate human resource departments !!
Old 11-25-2003, 01:43 PM

1976 14 MONHES REMAND .ONLY TO GET PROBATION WELL SICK .. 78 BORSTALL TRAINING 11 MONTHES . 79 3 MONTHES D C. 1980 TWO YEARS GBH DID 16 MONTHES .
1982 18 MONTHES ABH ,DID 17 AND HALF MONTHES . 1985 3 YEARS ASSULT ON A POLICE OFFICER. DID 2 YEARS . 1990 THEIF AND TDA 12 MONTHES ..GOT MARRIED GOT A JOB GOOD BOY TILL 2002 . GBH HIT A MAN WITH A HAMMER WHO RAPED MY DAUGHTER GOT PROPBATIN 180 CS £ 600 COMPO TO HIM .. WORST JAIL IVE BEEN IN IS WINSTON GREEN .VIRTORIAN JAIL ...

keep KING GEORGE IN MY HEART , KEEP ME ENGLISH
Old 11-25-2003, 01:51 PM

My Name is John Kirby and I did a 3 year bit in missiouri Department of Corrections on a dwi charge
Old 11-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Eating Cooler Peas

Done some time in Roanoke City Jail. Still on probation here in Patrick Co. Got 11years hanging over my head so I got to be good. Bunch of drug charges
Old 12-02-2003, 11:30 PM
Starting Over!

Default Alabama Time

Let's see I am a native Alabamaian. Born and Bread. I have 4 felony convictions starting at the age of 25. I did probation and rehab real well. If the Judge gives you probation on a 15 year sentence. With a warning not to come back before him. You better listen.
But being the show me person that I am. I had to go see him one more time. And he kept his word. On January 11, 1999. I was sentenced to 15 years in Julia Tutwiler Prison for women. That is where I hit bottom. I served 2 year's 11 months between work Release and Prison. Came home completed 2 more years on parole. And here I sit very humble and grateful.

My reason for being here is that I do not have a social life since coming home. And I need to met new people and make lifelong friends. Real Friends. It is so nice to have someone to talk to. That understands me, thanks PTO.

If ever I can help someone. Please don't hesitate to ask.
Good luck to all and God's speed on your loved ones coming home.

Kathy

</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER>

........But for the Grace of God, Go I.......
Old 12-03-2003, 04:38 AM

I Just wanted to say "CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE HERE WHO DID TIME AND IS MAKING IT!! I am also A Ex Offender and Learned My Lesson as Well. I have been home now 6 years and Dont Plan On EVER Doing Anything Again To Loose My Freedom!!