Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:42 AM

Exclamation Threatened/coerced to do sexual favors as repayment/for protection.

Well now that I have your attention..
My LO is in prison in Alabama. This was his first time & he's young and naive. Basically he ended up owing someone and was threatened/coerced to do sexual favors to repay him. Well he doesn't have money being sent to him & the guy offered him protection/things he needed if he agreed to have this being an ongoing thing. Obviously he agreed or I wouldn't be here.

Anyways, my question is.. How do guys who do stuff like this get treated in prison?

I read up on "punks" and being "turned out" and although somewhat similar to his situation the stories I have found have been very dramatic. Idk I'm just worried for him in there. It sounds like what he has going is more of a business deal but I'm not in a male prison so idk.

If you would describe what's you think his day to day life wouldd be like.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,539 Times in 10,998 Posts

That's called rape. He can report it or you can...
AR PCS (03-21-2018), Ms Sunny (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,320 Times in 11,840 Posts

He needs protection from his "protector". There are predators in prison and this is an example of how they operate.

How are their sex objects treated? Any way the predators want to treat them. Some remain their personal property, but some can become prostitutes for their pimps.

There is a federal law in place, the prison rape elimination act, so his jailers are required to take complaints seriously by protecting the victim.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 03-21-2018 at 05:15 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
AR PCS (03-21-2018), Ms Sunny (03-21-2018), nimuay (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 02:23 PM

His life is hell, and you need to report this.
He might be too scared, and told you so you would act on it.
Men don't tell this shit to someone for shits and giggles.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
AR PCS (03-21-2018), ItsMe81 (03-21-2018), nimuay (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 06:55 PM
AmyLynn

I hate hearing stories like this. Once found out and in the event they move the person away then will it become a situation as to where its looked like someone snitched? And then more hell is caused. I can't imagine how worried you are about your son.
AR PCS (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 11:03 PM

I have some questions. But first some advice. It is rape, he has been coerced and if it is for protection then there is the implicit knowledge that if he doesn't engage in this activity "willingly" there will be consequences (beating, etc.). Even if he gets away from his "protector" his prison reputation will be as being turned out and that will lead to other predatory inmates to seek him out for sexual favors. It can be anever ending cycle. .

For information about prison rape and survivors, go to Just Detention International and read the survivor stories. https://justdetention.org/
Contact them, they will also be able to help.

Here's another article: https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...-boy-among-men and https://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/prison/report4.html

ItsMe81 is correct about the snitching aspect, that won't be good either. One way is to request an investigation anonymously. You can do that here: http://www.doc.state.al.us/InvestigationRequest

How long is your LO's sentence? Is he gay? (Not a judgment, he may have been targeted if he is) I can also assure you he was targeted because he was young and getting him into debt was not a friendly loan it was an overt act by the predator knowing that he did not have money and could not repay the debt.

I can guarantee you that at least some prison staff know about the situation or have suspicions. It is likely his "protector" engages in repeat predatory behavior. If he is telling you this, it may be that he is hoping the information is intercepted in the mail or phone calls to end the situation. It gives him a way out without being labeled a snitch.

I can't stress how serious this has the potential to be. He could very well be fine until the day he is released and not have other issues. Or he could have serious issues tomorrow.

I wish you the best and hope he is okay and this gets resolved. The other thing you need to think about is the psychological trauma and anger this is going to cause him. He will be different when he gets out and will need counseling.

Last edited by AR PCS; 03-21-2018 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: Updated links
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AR PCS For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-22-2018), ItsMe81 (03-21-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 05:17 AM

This happens a lot when someone gets into debt and can't repay it.
Even if he reports it and he is moved to a different unit the debt will follow him. He will be given a hard time wherever he goes until the debt is repaid.
Now he has agreed to repay with sexual favours, the problem is as part of his protection he will be required to service other guys too. His protector will be paid for this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coachy1 For This Useful Post:
AR PCS (03-25-2018), His_Queen13 (03-22-2018)