Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 08-08-2002, 03:02 AM

Default Polk Correctional Institution

Hi There Prisonmom! Just wanted to reply to your Post about Polk Correctional Institution. I have someone at Polk CI and he says that it is suppose to be one of the better Prisons here in Florida! I am sorry to hear about your Son! I was up there last weekend for the first time to visit with him and I can say that the Visitation Area is Nice! If you have any more questions, please feel free to email me. My email address is (e-mail addy edited by admin due to PTO policy)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2002, 06:34 PM

Tweetie, hey do you have any info on FL YO Prisions? My son may be moved soon. I know about BCI and Inidan River mainly conserned about the remaining 4. I've seen the websites but that really doesn't tell you what it's "really" like. I believe there is a new one, Taylor Anex? Suppose to be for Youthful Offenders it's pretty new nothing on the net about it curious as to population. That seems to be part of the deciding factor of where he'll be shipped next. If you can find out anything I'd be most grateful. Thanks. God Bless. cl
Old 08-09-2002, 03:21 AM

Default Youthful Offenders Prisons

Hi Cheryl, I dont have any Information on the Youthful Offenders, But I will see if I can Find out some Information for you, O.K? By the way, How old is your Son? Just Curious. I wish you the best of luck. When I find something out I will let you know. Hang Tough! God Bless !!
Old 08-09-2002, 06:14 PM

Unhappy

Tweetie, thanks for replying so quit, my son's now 18 he was 16 when this nightmare started he's served 1yr now(one more in to go 4 out). Just found out he was moved today to that "sorting center" next stop?! Somewhere across the state hopefully still a YO camp. This makes me sick inside... I was told he could be shipped to an adult camp but it's unlikely unless he's a troublemaker. He's been doing pretty good the last 6 mos. hope they look at that before they decide where he goes. I'll come unglued if they send him to an adult camp! I know he's not a "baby" anymore but he's my baby, my only one. ::: Any help would be great. Thanks agian. cl
Old 08-10-2002, 06:52 AM

Default Your Son

Hi Cheryl, I just wanted to write and tell you to hang in there! I know that it is very hard on you with your Son being where he is at. My advice to you is to be there for him and let him know that you Love Him and are going to Stand by Him and help and Support him in any way that you can. Cheryl, If you ever need or want to talk Please feel free to email me at any time. Do you have Instant Messengar on your Computer? I just want you to know Cheryl that I am here for you if you need someone to talk to. Hope to hear from you soon, take care of yourself!!!
Old 08-10-2002, 07:18 PM

Cool

Tweetie - thanks! We were there at the same time maybe? I went to see my son on Sunday. Nice visit. We are going again tomorrow to visit for his birthday. I'll email you later and feel free to e-mail me anytime. (e-mail addy edited by Admin) is where you'll find me.

Life is a broken-winged bird
that cannot fly.
(-Langston Hughes)