Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:12 AM
Banned

Yes it helped thank you.

Ugh we'll see what happens. Didn't want to have a ceremony but I'll talk it over with him tonight see how he feels about it.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaAndre View Post
Yes it helped thank you.

Ugh we'll see what happens. Didn't want to have a ceremony but I'll talk it over with him tonight see how he feels about it.
I hear the ceremony is short and sweet. Depending on which camp your at. Nothing special. you exchange vows, you get to kiss, and I dont believe you get to spend any time together (meaning) visit. you would have to come back for visitation during regular hours. Do you know what day they do weddings at the camp he is at?! alot of camps do their weddings on visit day before visitation starts. Some camps do weddings on fridays.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisChevyBabe View Post
I hear the ceremony is short and sweet. Depending on which camp your at. Nothing special. you exchange vows, you get to kiss, and I dont believe you get to spend any time together (meaning) visit. you would have to come back for visitation during regular hours. Do you know what day they do weddings at the camp he is at?! alot of camps do their weddings on visit day before visitation starts. Some camps do weddings on fridays.
He's in Mayo Work Camp. So not sure when they do their wedding ceremonies I'll have to ask him.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
He's in Mayo Work Camp. So not sure when they do their wedding ceremonies I'll have to ask him.
I would check out the thread for Mayo Work Camp should be able to dig up some info in there. Congrats on getting married! My hubby and I was going to marry in but we decided to wait until he comes home.
The Following User Says Thank You to HisChevyBabe For This Useful Post:
TashaAndre (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
I would check out the thread for Mayo Work Camp should be able to dig up some info in there. Congrats on getting married! My hubby and I was going to marry in but we decided to wait until he comes home.
Thanks love. I'm kinda wanting to wait now. I wanna be surrounded by family when I marry him not by officers. It works for some but for me personally I don't want that. I am happy that we are gonna get married but now I'm thinking should we just wait till 2020 when he comes home or do it now?
Old 12-28-2015, 11:39 AM

your welcome mama! I would do whatever you and him desire. . and being surrounded by officers would suck but its only a couple which is bad enough.

Keep in mind marrying doesnt have any "get out sooner advantages". Mine comes home in 2018 little under 3 years left for me so we are waiting. . his family is all down south FL. and he is coming here where I am when he is released so we are just going to go to the courthouse and get married because I dont want anything fancy! just small quiet and just us two you know
The Following User Says Thank You to HisChevyBabe For This Useful Post:
TashaAndre (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
your welcome mama! I would do whatever you and him desire. . and being surrounded by officers would suck but its only a couple which is bad enough.

Keep in mind marrying doesnt have any "get out sooner advantages". Mine comes home in 2018 little under 3 years left for me so we are waiting. . his family is all down south FL. and he is coming here where I am when he is released so we are just going to go to the courthouse and get married because I dont want anything fancy! just small quiet and just us two you know
Yea I don't know if I wanna go through this whole crazy process lol. It seems like a lot of work. We're not doing it so he can get out sooner we just wanna be married. Lol. He's about 3 hours away from me and in September 2016 he's trying to get a transfer to be closer to me. Me either I do not want anything fancy just something small and intimate. We'll see what we decide.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Yea I don't know if I wanna go through this whole crazy process lol. It seems like a lot of work. We're not doing it so he can get out sooner we just wanna be married. Lol. He's about 3 hours away from me and in September 2016 he's trying to get a transfer to be closer to me. Me either I do not want anything fancy just something small and intimate. We'll see what we decide.
yeah the process sucks and takes months because you have to have 3 approvals. the warden, the chaplain, and tallahassee and you have to fillout out paperwork and send back and forth. its a hassle and since he doesnt have much longer we said screw it and wait til he his home. LOL
Old 12-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
yeah the process sucks and takes months because you have to have 3 approvals. the warden, the chaplain, and tallahassee and you have to fillout out paperwork and send back and forth. its a hassle and since he doesnt have much longer we said screw it and wait til he his home. LOL
Yea it's understandable.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:14 AM

Hi, I live in Volusia Co. I'm being told they no longer issue marriage licenses when one of the parties is incarcerated. Orange Co. won't issue either. Lake County, a neighboring county will issue a license with some legwork required...
1. Go to Lake clerk of courts, pay for license with his ID. Take it to the jail, (somehow) arrange for him to sign it with a notary public.
2. Take it back to Lake to get it dated.
3. Get married after 3 day waiting period.
4. File the completed license at Lake Co. yourself. (This was suggested by the clerk who said the license could "get lost" at the jail. This way you know it made it to the court.)

Last edited by Jodygothisgirl; 01-06-2016 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: additional info
Old 01-06-2016, 08:18 AM

Hi, I live in Volusia Co. I'm being told they no longer issue marriage licenses when one of the parties is incarcerated. Orange Co. won't issue either. Lake County, a neighboring county will issue a license with some legwork required...
1. Go to Lake clerk of courts, pay for license with his ID. Take it to the jail, (somehow) arrange for him to sign it with a notary public.
2. Take it back to Lake to get it dated.
3. Get married after 3 day waiting period.
4. File the completed license at Lake Co. yourself. (This was suggested by the clerk who said the license could "get lost" at the jail. This way you know it made it to the court.)

My man is still in Orange county jail and they have a point of contact there that I'm told facilitates the process of having a civil ceremony. We are unsure if he will ultimately do prison time. We are trying to get married now before he enters the prison system where it may be more difficult, based on everything I've learned here.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:34 PM

Unfortunately, marriage licenses are no longer being issued to anyone incarcerated in FL. This was effective 1/3/2017. The reason I know is we were set to be married on 1/7/17. On 1/4/17 I got a call from the chaplain at my husband's facility telling me the "bad news". Thank God I had already purchased our marriage license in Union Co. on 12/30/16. We had to call and confirm our license was valid. It was and we had a happy ending to our marriage journey on 1/7/17. I feel really sad for those who can't get a marriage license any longer. Apparently they are enforcing a law that states FL residents must appear in person at the courthouse to get a license. Since an inmate can't do this, they are the ones impacted by this interpretation of the FL law.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:53 AM

Default Brevard & Jefferson Counties still do

My fiance and I met with the Senior Chaplain at his facility yesterday and there was no mention of any discontinuation on the issuing of marriage licenses to the incarcerated. Additionally, I spoke with someone at the Brevard County Clerk's recording office and the Jefferson County Clerk's office this morning and while the process is anything but simple, both will still issue licenses when one member is incarcerated.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:51 AM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,417 Posts

I be checking on this and update soon.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE