Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-26-2019, 01:34 PM

Question Any general advice regarding visitation @ Florence Central?

My wife and I are planning a first time visit to Florence Central soon and have questions. (Yes, we have been approved)

1. Anyone have any general advice regarding visitation for this unit/complex?

2. How much time does it typically take to process through security? How much time should we allow after arrival?

3. Is it easy to find the entrance where we need to go? Florence seems like a sprawling complex. I envision driving around trying to figure out where to go while burning visitation time.

4. As far as dress code, I'm not seeing anything about wearing a baseball cap. Is that permissible (assuming it's not orange or khaki)?

5. Does anyone have a visitation schedule for this unit? What is listed on ADC website is outdated (ended in Sept).

6. He hasn't mentioned having to "schedule" a visit. We will be his first visitors so he may be super unfamiliar with the process. How do we know if we do or don't need to schedule?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited by ComparedToWhat; 11-26-2019 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: clarification
The Following User Says Thank You to ComparedToWhat For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-26-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2019, 09:47 AM

The rules and procedure document does state you need to call and schedule. When calling to schedule I'm sure they can assist you as to what day you can go due to November schedule not being posted.
Under the section of allowed items its not there so I would imagine a cap is not allowed but when you call to schedule you can ask them as well. And also ask them about locating the entrance, if no one answers you here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-27-2019)
Old 11-27-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
The rules and procedure document does state you need to call and schedule.
Thank you for taking time to reply. What rules & procedure document are you referring to? Is scheduling a visit a requirement just at Florence? Just Central unit?
Old 11-28-2019, 07:49 AM

It’s in the DOC website under Central Unit only.
https://corrections.az.gov/location/...5/central-unit

I assume that’s because it’s maximum custody.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-28-2019)
Old 11-28-2019, 11:53 PM

We exchanged emails today with our LO today and he confirmed with CO's that scheduling a visit is *NOT* necessary. Just posting this in case others looking for info on Florence Central unit come across this post and think scheduling is mandatory.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:47 AM

At Central, they go off of a calander with cell blocks. Your LOs visitation day will change every 4 weeks. They allow you to walk to the unit 30 mins before your visit, which is either an 8am start or a noon start. You then wait outside the unit door, a guard will wave you in, you fill out the visitation form outside as well. When you get in you go thru the normal visitation procedures then they will tell you what table you are at. If you are visiting on the weekend or s holiday, show up early. I think they have 16 tables there and they fill up quick. Oh and be in dress code because they enforce it 100% there.
When you turn in to the complex you will turn right, there is a sign for visitor parking. Follow all the way to the end, you will be in the dirt but they have paved parking spots. After, you walk across the parking til you get to the sidewalk. Go thru the opening in the fence towards the prison. There will be the gate guard, the one monitoring vehicles coming in and out. If it is more then 30 mins before visitation starts, they will make you wait, if not, he will click the fate for you to go thru. Follow the sidewalk straight forward then go left. Across the street you will see a ramp to walk up, go up the ramp and straight forward there will be two wooden benches and a door. The benches are where the visitation forms are and the door right next to them is where the guard will wave you in when they are ready.
I believe baseball caps are fine, I recall someone wearing one when I visited at that complex last month.
The guards will give you an updated calander if you ask and they also have it posted in the visitation room.
Good luck and have a nice visit.

Last edited by TerraEryn; 11-29-2019 at 12:56 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to TerraEryn For This Useful Post:
ComparedToWhat (12-03-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEryn View Post
At Central, they go off of a calander with cell blocks. Your LOs visitation day will change every 4 weeks. They allow you to walk to the unit 30 mins before your visit, which is either an 8am start or a noon start. You then wait outside the unit door, a guard will wave you in, you fill out the visitation form outside as well. When you get in you go thru the normal visitation procedures then they will tell you what table you are at. If you are visiting on the weekend or s holiday, show up early. I think they have 16 tables there and they fill up quick. Oh and be in dress code because they enforce it 100% there.
When you turn in to the complex you will turn right, there is a sign for visitor parking. Follow all the way to the end, you will be in the dirt but they have paved parking spots. After, you walk across the parking til you get to the sidewalk. Go thru the opening in the fence towards the prison. There will be the gate guard, the one monitoring vehicles coming in and out. If it is more then 30 mins before visitation starts, they will make you wait, if not, he will click the fate for you to go thru. Follow the sidewalk straight forward then go left. Across the street you will see a ramp to walk up, go up the ramp and straight forward there will be two wooden benches and a door. The benches are where the visitation forms are and the door right next to them is where the guard will wave you in when they are ready.
I believe baseball caps are fine, I recall someone wearing one when I visited at that complex last month.
The guards will give you an updated calander if you ask and they also have it posted in the visitation room.
Good luck and have a nice visit.

Wow, thanking you for taking time to post this!! Much appreciated!