Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:35 AM

Default Release from SHU at Mid State, what time? Will he get a phone call? When?

I have a few questions hope someone can help me with the right answers. My husband is supposed to be released tomorrow morning. I am wondering of the time of release. Is it early or after count. Also he is in Marcy , NY so will he be taking the bus to Albany too to go to the Bronx or wherever he is going for his shelter placement. I know Albany is or was on state or emergency ad per Gov. Cuomo. So what will happen with the release of there are no buses running. Also when I called the facility yesterday and spoke to his counselor I was told he gets a phone call before he leaves if that true ? And just because the facility said it it must be cause at times they say things that arenít true . So does anyone heard of that or had it happen? If so is the call the day before like today or the same day . But how can it be the same day if he gets released letís say at 830 or so nobody is in the office to let him call anyone . Any help will be appreciated thank you . He is getting released from SHU at Mid State not general population cause he would been called me . When he was in general population he would call every day
The Following User Says Thank You to ImNotTha01 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-03-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2019, 06:47 AM

I hope you find answers I only told you what I new maybe someone will no more then what I did good luck with everything I hope everything works out for you on your journey
Old 12-03-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
I hope you find answers I only told you what I new maybe someone will no more then what I did good luck with everything I hope everything works out for you on your journey
I know you helped out with what you knew itís ok nothing personal I appreciate it and I shared with you what knew from experience. Thank you and I wish you the best as well
Old 12-03-2019, 08:28 PM

Thanked 1,005 Times in 436 Posts

Without knowing his complete situation I can tell you state of emergency in Albany co is over. He will most probably get a voucher for a bus or train, port authority or grand central.
They usually do releases early morning. He dresses out, gets personal property, parole instructions, money, and out the door. Is he maxing our from SHU with PRS time?
If he’s leaving From SHU with disciplinary sanctions that include loss of phone, then don’t count on a phone call. Unless they have a policy in place for this situation to get him a phone call the night before.
I hope this helps.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
Without knowing his complete situation I can tell you state of emergency in Albany co is over. He will most probably get a voucher for a bus or train, port authority or grand central.
They usually do releases early morning. He dresses out, gets personal property, parole instructions, money, and out the door. Is he maxing our from SHU with PRS time?
If heís leaving From SHU with disciplinary sanctions that include loss of phone, then donít count on a phone call. Unless they have a policy in place for this situation to get him a phone call the night before.
I hope this helps.
No max out it is on a conditional release and i asked the counselor how accurate it was and he said pretty accurate his original date was his max out and that was in March of 2020. I donít know if he had any disciplinary sanctions but can I ask if he had those how can he be released. And the counselor told me he gets a call before he leaves but if true will it be tonight or not the day his release is tomorrow and I have not gotten a phone call . He could of called some one else not sure but he attempted to call me 2 times . I heard the release time is between 7-8 am is that true for the bus and is he is coming out of Marcy Ny and had to the Bronx will he go to Albany? I donít know how long is the travel would you know ? Thank you for getting back to me too I appreciate it I am nervous