Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 11-26-2019, 02:47 PM

Thanked 1,011 Times in 573 Posts
Default How many of you will be able to visit on Thanksgiving?

How many of you will be able to visit your loved one on Thanksgiving?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2019, 02:49 PM
Until the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post
How many of you will be able to visit your loved one on Thanksgiving?
Not me. There's never visiting on Thursday. Haven't done it for 4 years, so we do a 2 hour video visit that night.
The Following User Says Thank You to Visitor611 For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (11-26-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
Not me. There's never visiting on Thursday. Haven't done it for 4 years, so we do a 2 hour video visit that night.

We get some holiday visits.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:07 PM

No visit, I don't even get to be home. I will be at sea. 45 years and I am missing the first Thanksgiving for my mom. Had plans on going to see my girl for the morning, then haul ass up to see my mom. All nixed in favor of work. Now they tell me I have to extend the trip further. Such is life.
The Following User Says Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (11-27-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 10:21 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 23,178 Times in 8,185 Posts

I'm eavesdropping, guys.

No visit for us this year. They're repairing the HVAC system and we're sharing a visiting room with another yard. They get Thanksgiving, we get Christmas. The facility gets a lot of really irritated family members.

I don't give two poops about Thanksgiving, but I'm going to make a dish and take it to an open community dinner in the park aimed at folks who have no welcoming dinner to attend.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 10:49 PM
Until the end

We get events and it's not the same. Holidays are the worst. If they fall on Thursday or friday, too bad. I had to spend a anniversary away from my wife and I barely made it through. I probably drank more alcohol that night then I ever have in my life. I hate this life sometimes, but I can't stop loving her. It is what it is.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:19 PM

I get to see my husband this Thanksgiving. Although this weather may cause problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to valliz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliz View Post
I get to see my husband this Thanksgiving. Although this weather may cause problems.

I hope the weather cooperates for you. Being alone of family holidays is very hard.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studebaker71 View Post
No visit, I don't even get to be home. I will be at sea. 45 years and I am missing the first Thanksgiving for my mom. Had plans on going to see my girl for the morning, then haul ass up to see my mom. All nixed in favor of work. Now they tell me I have to extend the trip further. Such is life.

Business before pleasure hurts.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
studebaker71 (11-28-2019)
Old 11-27-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I'm eavesdropping, guys. No visit for us this year. They're repairing the HVAC system and we're sharing a visiting room with another yard. They get Thanksgiving, we get Christmas. The facility gets a lot of really irritated family members.
That's really awful. VRs are crowded enough on holidays under the best of circumstances.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
We get events and it's not the same. Holidays are the worst. If they fall on Thursday or friday, too bad. I had to spend a anniversary away from my wife and I barely made it through. I probably drank more alcohol that night then I ever have in my life. I hate this life sometimes, but I can't stop loving her. It is what it is.

Wouldn't you think they'd give people a break on family holidays? I know what "I hate this life sometimes, but I can't stop loving her" feels like. I often wonder how my life would have been if I'd divorced my wife. I love her but to be honest, guilt has a little bit to do with staying with her. She messed up but she's a good person who deserves so much more than the life she has. I doubt I'm the only one for whom guilt is a motivator.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:25 AM

Our prison only does visits on weekends and 6 Holiday visits those land on Mondays along with food visits. Of course the main holidays we would like together aren't given.
Last year I was capable of going for the New Years visit so I was able to see him for two days back to back, 16 hours total, and that was pretty nice. It made me want to pull a bed up and not leave.. Lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
Visitor611 (11-27-2019)
Old 11-27-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I often wonder how my life would have been if I'd divorced my wife. I love her but to be honest, guilt has a little bit to do with staying with her. She messed up but she's a good person who deserves so much more than the life she has. I doubt I'm the only one for whom guilt is a motivator.
Oh man did I feel this... I was ready to leave my man for his stupid behavior while under the devils control. That same day a by stander thought I was in danger or something because he called the police on us. They came and arrested him, sitting in the back of that cop car, seeing it drive away, crying for me not to leave him. So I stayed.. He got sober and was back to being that man I loved. But I do sometimes wonder where I would be now if I turned my back to him that day because this prison life is exhausting.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:19 PM
Until the end

Quote:
Wouldn't you think they'd give people a break on family holidays? I know what "I hate this life sometimes, but I can't stop loving her" feels like. I often wonder how my life would have been if I'd divorced my wife. I love her but to be honest, guilt has a little bit to do with staying with her. She messed up but she's a good person who deserves so much more than the life she has. I doubt I'm the only one for whom guilt is a motivator.
Wasn't guilt for me. I took my vows seriously and divorce wasn't an option. Addiction turns beautiful people into a black hole, and it wasn't until this massive 2nd set, did she finally realize there's so much she's missing with our daughter and in life. Where's your mom at? Prison. Cool. Definitely had lots of anger though. There's never been a time I thought my life would be better without her as my wife.