Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics & Discussions relating to prison & jail visitation, phones, packages & mail.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:54 AM

Default Can my friend at Monroe Twin Rivers Unit receive Christmas cards?

Hi,

Can my friend at Monroe Twin Rivers Unit receive Christmas cards? I'm in the UK so will need to get sending at the end of the month really. Would it just be a normal sized, no glitter etc card?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2019, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,553 Times in 3,342 Posts

Yes, Christmas cards are allowed. If the normal mailing rules say "white envelopes only" then make sure it has a white envelope (I don't think Washington requires that, but some other states do).

The biggies are no metal, no batteries (like the musical cards), no glitter. There are still some really nifty cards you can buy if you want something with a little more pizazz. LovePop cards makes some great pop up cards that make it through the mail room. Just don't get ones that have anything too busy inside them (I once sent a rose that opened into a giant bloom - that was sent back because they said they'd have to destroy the card to search it properly. But it was the first one I'd ever had sent back - all other lovepop cards have made it through).

I've even sent cards purchased in stores that had manual movement in them (pull the tab to make santa move) and those have gone through. The glitter seems to be the big thing and that can be hit or miss depending on who's in the mail room that day.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
LeaJayCro (11-18-2019)