Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Lifer
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Lifer For those whose loved one is serving a life sentence.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:00 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

My husband is guilty of his crime, now 16 years into a 4yr-life sentence in Colorado. He has had two trials in community corrections (in Colorado this is not considered parole) but has failed both due to forgetting assigments because of ADD.

My family and I are now focused on getting him here to California once his next parole hearing comes up.

The problem is that I am permanently disabled and partially supported by my family. They are willing to support him as well if needed. I'm just afraid that he won't be able to come here because I am unable to work to support him if necessary.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2018, 06:47 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,263 Times in 1,785 Posts

My BF is guilty of his crime and has been in for 24+ years already. In NC they are starting to "flush" inmates out who were convicted under some old law and that has started already and he's on the list to be released (probably first to Minimum). So the only thing I can do is to support him, be there for him and wait... it's going to happen, question is only when.
maytayah (03-02-2019), Sarianna (05-05-2018)
Old 03-02-2019, 12:22 AM

K is not guilty of his crime or has at least never admitted to me that he was (yes, I asked for my own piece of mind) so yes, I am actively trying to free him.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:36 AM

My love is guilty of his crime. He has 9 life sentences and so the possibility of him coming home is very scarce. But we will always have faith and hope.
Xoxox patience is a virtue
Old 03-06-2019, 08:56 PM

I would love for him to come home so we can really be together but I the back of my mind I know he won't. He has be charged with Capital murder & he was in the Orange county area in California. I try to stay positive be he really dont want to talk about it. Everybody deserves a second chance but am goin to ride this out with him because I love him
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybug98 For This Useful Post:
Bryanna814 (03-06-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 09:22 PM

Rationally, it is not a possibility in this lifetime, as ny husband is serving LWOP. But hope springs eternal in the heart, and my heart consoles itself with 1) fantasies of an alien landing (the aliens being benevolent game changers, of course), or 2) a sometimes-exhausting merry-go-round of armchair Google research about possibilities of legislative change spurred on by the likes of The Sentencing Project's Campaign to End Life Imprisonment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taliba00 For This Useful Post:
Bryanna814 (03-08-2019), Sarianna (03-09-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 09:40 PM

I tell him & myself to stay positive hopefully he'll get out or get off deathrow & thank you for your response
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybug98 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-09-2019)
Old 04-30-2019, 04:35 PM

I'm fighting and I will fight for him j til he get out back home !
He's guilty about a robbery but not a murder (no weapons, no bloods, no drugs) just a stupid 18y man-to-be. I'm not looking to excuse him.
Unfortunately, somebody died and that's really really sad. He took a life sentence.
I don't lose hope because a new Senate Bill in California changed the felony murder law and if a same Senate Bill could be voted in Arizona. Poeple like my boyfriend can be re-sentenced for what there really did.

Talking about that, if somebody is interesting about that, reach me. You can take a look at the restore justice association in California. I'm looking for something like this in Arizona.

Thank you
Old 05-06-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I was just curious if there was anyone else here that was fighting to bring their Lifer home.

My Lifer is innocent of the crime he is serving LWOP for. Every day I do hours of research and write letters to lawyers, Senators, Assmeblypersons, Private Investagators, Innocence Projects, anyone that I think will listen to me. It's pretty much my life.

Although I have come to terms with the fact the he may never come home, I won't stop trying. And if "Opportunity doesn't knock, I will build a door".

If you are trying to bring your Lifer home, what are you doing to make it happen?

Thanks!

Same exact here!!!!! My sweet E is serving LWOP (converted from death sentence) and he truly is innocent....I could go on and on about it but the bottom line is this: he has shitty traits, YES but a killer? NO WAY....everyone has rough times they go through and he does still lie to me and I call him out on it (when it's something important if it's nonsense I let it go; I mean why be petty the man is LWOP in an awful place- Menard) and the bottom line is the Innocence Project of Illinois is helping him! That shows he really is innocent...