Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Australia / New Zealand Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Australia & New Zealand Prison & Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Australia & New Zealand Prison & Jail Discussions If the topic is a prison or jail in either of these countries, this is the place to discuss it!

Old 04-30-2019, 05:09 PM

Default Help me please, Mid North Coast, lost and bewildered please

Hi

My partner got arrested and sent to jail last wednesday. Not his first. But it is for me. I know nothing Im scared worried fretting lost. Please help me with some info.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2019, 07:57 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,619 Times in 15,971 Posts

First things first: Breathe!! I'm not familiar with Australian jails, but I do know that feeling of helplessness and frantic energy going every which way till your head spins.

Some major things to take care of include making sure there is money on their books and your phone is set up for calls. Please read the forums to find out how to do those things in Australia. I wish I knew those answers, but I do not

If those things above are taken care of, write often! Other than that, Focus. Focus on something else, anything to keep you busy and your mind occupied. Work a 1,000 piece puzzle, clean out a closet, scrub the kitchen floor with a toothbrush if that's what it take to stay busy and to keep from going crazy with worry.....and Breathe!! Your partner will call you as soon as they can.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 05-05-2019, 01:49 AM

Hi @lostsole! Have you heard from your partner since his arrest? They are usually allowed to call someone to let them know where they have been taken to. I assume he has just been charged, and not sentenced yet, is that correct? If that is the case, he may be in one of the reception centres across NSW. In my experience before, my husband was brought to Amber Laurel then to Silverwater then transferred to Parklea all without me knowing. I only knew of Amber Laurel because it was where he was able to call me. He stayed in prison for 5 days after which we were able to successfully apply for bail.

The first few days/weeks really are the hardest, especially if you don't hear from your loved one. But once he is able to make contact, it somehow makes this situationa lot more bearable. Take heart and just live each day at a time. Overthinking everything would overwhelm and exhaust you since a lot of things that happen in this situation are beyond our control.

Let me know if you need any other info, maybe I can help ��
Old 05-05-2019, 02:40 AM

Hi,

Thank you so much for your replies.Sorry i couldnt locate it till I just got email saying I had a message.

I have heard from him daily few times a day and went up Saturday and Sunday for visits.

No he hasnt been sentenced yet court case last week and adjorned to this Tuesday 7th May.

Wow its very daunting so I appreciate your replies.

He is in Mid North Coast Jail, in maximum.

The really hardest thing to date besides not seeing him, sleeping next to him cuddling him etc daily is like I cant just call him/ tex him when ever wow so different.

Not sure on what he will get am trying to take it one day at a time and breathe and pray for the best.

I would love any details you can give me thank you xx