Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Massachusetts prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & and related topics.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:00 AM

Unhappy Do I Need a GTL account to receive prepaid calls from SBCC ? Plz help!

Hi everyone !

My friend is in Souza Baranowski (max).. My number is on hes approved list and i for a local phone number since im overseas, and that way we can save money.
He called me first time this monday, prepaid because he allready have an account and it goes on hes canteen account ( he told menindisnt Need to set anything up)
Anyway, he called me and the call Went through no problem. Then next day i get a call from a mother number saying , an inmate trying to call me collect but it wasent possible due to billig issues. And that i could call a number to set up an account with GTL ?

Now .. Thi puzzles me, because he allready called before prepaid without me having an account ?
Could this be a mistake .. That i actually DO Need an account with GTL also, in order to receive prepaid calls , and they jusy found out after hes first call that i dont have that, and therefor blocked hes call/My number?

I was just under the impression, that i did not Need an account because he has one an call me prepaid and that My number has been approved also. Bit maybe they can UN-approve it again or something ?

Hoping someone can help me with this
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teafortwo View Post
Hi everyone !

My friend is in Souza Baranowski (max).. My number is on hes approved list and i for a local phone number since im overseas, and that way we can save money.
He called me first time this monday, prepaid because he allready have an account and it goes on hes canteen account ( he told menindisnt Need to set anything up)
Anyway, he called me and the call Went through no problem. Then next day i get a call from a mother number saying , an inmate trying to call me collect but it wasent possible due to billig issues. And that i could call a number to set up an account with GTL ?

Now .. Thi puzzles me, because he allready called before prepaid without me having an account ?
Could this be a mistake .. That i actually DO Need an account with GTL also, in order to receive prepaid calls , and they jusy found out after hes first call that i dont have that, and therefor blocked hes call/My number?

I was just under the impression, that i did not Need an account because he has one an call me prepaid and that My number has been approved also. Bit maybe they can UN-approve it again or something ?

I APPOLOGISE FOR SPELLING MISTAKES ! Damn autocorrect! I mean to say, that he told me, that i dont Need to set op anything because it goes on his canteen account ..
Old 08-26-2016, 10:14 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,000 Times in 1,498 Posts

He may not have had money to pay fpr the call. I would set the account anyway. There is no charge for just setting up the account.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:07 PM

I think he was able to call you with the funds he had but maybe ran out but u can make an account and put money and the time he calls u youll b able to except it ��
Old 08-29-2016, 07:16 AM

Thanks figured it out now
Old 10-13-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teafortwo View Post
Hi everyone !

But if he
If he has money on his account it will be prepaid. But if he has no money on his account and you want to talk with him then you then you need to set up an acct with GTL.