Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2018, 07:52 PM

Default Just need someone to talk to. . .Please say a little prayer for me

My husband is imprisoned by the IRS for the third time since 2004. He was railroaded, and his trials were travesties of the worst sort. I know a lot of people say that, yet, in his case, it is true. They took millions. We are presently nearly destitute and I am in a 2 room studio because they stole our home and property. The last time I saw him, last Christmas, I became terribly sick, and still am--with heart failure and some COPD. Since then, my husband has sent me endless paperwork and requests to spend money for legal pursuits. I couldn't cope with it and i can't spend money I need to survive. I still can barely take care of myself and the dog. The dishes sit unwashed, I've gone two weeks without a shower because of fatigue. I had to tell him I failed and why, but he just has no appreciation for what illness does to one's life. He has never been ill but twice in our entire marriage of 35 years. I am almost 76 years old, and now he isn't even speaking to me. I tried so hard to support him. If I didn't believe in God and His love for me and that I would have condemned my soul, I would have killed myself long ago. I am probably well enough to go visit him--it's a 5 1/2 hour drive--but I am so disheartened. I am trying to find something to do to cheer me up in the midst of this disorder. My hobbies and most of my kitchen are packed and in storage, and there is no room. I'm sick of television. Please say a little prayer for me. I'll pray for each of you.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2018, 08:24 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,457 Times in 17,279 Posts

Hi I think that, right now, you need to focus on yourself. Is there a senior center near you where you could meet people and find new interests, such a bingo, trivia, Rook, whatever activities the center sponsors? You're local public library will have free activities, programs, classes, and more books, books on tape, magazines, DVDs than you could ever imagine I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with his incarceration for the 3rd time, I know you're tired & I truly understand.

I've had to deal with the IRS and they're like a dog with a bone! They don't have to prove anything, but their target has to prove they're innocent / don't owe them money....and the IRS does not accept notarized statements from family or friends. I did finally win my case, but it took 2 years with a lot of frustration, stress & tears.

Sending you much positive energy for a brighter tomorrow....now, go take a shower, curl up with a good book and read until you fall asleep

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Ne Plach’ (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 09:09 PM
Полезный дурак

O my, I feel so saddened to read of your troubles. It is so difficult to deal with it all and to have your spouse turn away is tragic. Patchouli offered lots of good suggestions to find a hobby. I know our local seniors drop - in centres have many vibrant people and activities.

Yes, I will pray for you. Based off your username, I will ask for the intercession of the Holy Family and Holy Theotokos for your struggles.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:30 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Hi I think that, right now, you need to focus on yourself. Is there a senior center near you where you could meet people and find new interests, such a bingo, trivia, Rook, whatever activities the center sponsors? You're local public library will have free activities, programs, classes, and more books, books on tape, magazines, DVDs than you could ever imagine I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with his incarceration for the 3rd time, I know you're tired & I truly understand.

I've had to deal with the IRS and they're like a dog with a bone! They don't have to prove anything, but their target has to prove they're innocent / don't owe them money....and the IRS does not accept notarized statements from family or friends. I did finally win my case, but it took 2 years with a lot of frustration, stress & tears.

Sending you much positive energy for a brighter tomorrow....now, go take a shower, curl up with a good book and read until you fall asleep

Welcome to PTO!
Thank you so much for your kind response. I will take it to heart; I have a friend who goes to the senior center and I've put off going to the library...I feel encouraged.
The Following User Says Thank You to In+JMJ+ For This Useful Post:
patchouli (10-27-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne Plach’ View Post
O my, I feel so saddened to read of your troubles. It is so difficult to deal with it all and to have your spouse turn away is tragic. Patchouli offered lots of good suggestions to find a hobby. I know our local seniors drop - in centres have many vibrant people and activities.

Yes, I will pray for you. Based off your username, I will ask for the intercession of the Holy Family and Holy Theotokos for your struggles.
Thank you so much! Please pray for my spouse, too. God bless you. P.
The Following User Says Thank You to In+JMJ+ For This Useful Post:
Ne Plach’ (10-31-2018)
Old 01-20-2020, 05:43 AM

I know your post was written over a year ago. I just hope that your ok and looking after yourself.