Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 PM

Default How long to receive Final Discharge papers from parole/doc?

I just walked off my parole yesterday (7/10/2012) and I'm curious about how long it usually takes to receive the final discharge papers/gold seal in the mail. I talked to my PO on monday and he told me that my papers were already in the mail, and that tuesday was my last day on parole, but I don't have nothing in writing that verifies this. If they were in the mail on Monday when I talked to him, shouldn't I have received them before Thursday?

Also VINE is still reporting that I have been "Paroled" but I figured that once my sentence was completed that I'd no longer be listed on VINE or at least it would say "General Release" or something similar. I know I am probably sweating it for nothing, but I'm sure everyone else has the same excitement just wanting to see that Seal and the papers stating that you are no longer property of the DOC.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 05:04 AM

First off Congratulations that is one hell of an achievement to be proud of especially in Kentucky where they make it so hard for anyone to be successful at it.

Call the Department of Corrections in Frankfurt and ask them about your Final Release Papers they can tell you better
Old 07-12-2012, 08:30 AM

Congratulations! What great NEWS!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:59 PM

Thanks guys! I appreciate your gratitude and support!!

I received my final discharge papers in the mail today, finally! I was expecting it to be a bit more than what it was, but I guess they don't send the original "stamped" release papers to us. All that was in the envelope was a copy of the "Final Discharge" and the application for restoration of civil rights. Don't know why I expected there to be more in the envelope, guess I should have known that they wasn't going to send any more than they had to, to a convicted felon haha.

As for the VINE information, it is still showing my name in the system and listed as "Paroled". I'm just curious about how long my name will be on VINE and wondering if this system is linked to the same database that the police/state troopers use when they run a name through to check custody status /warrant information. I haven't ever found anything that is available to the public other than VINE and KOOL for Kentucky prisoner information. I'd just hate to get out of state and have trouble if my name was ran in a search and it still pops up "Parole" . Sorry for all the ranting, guess I'm just excited to finally see it on paper that I am finally off paper! Thanks again guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to godmachine81 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-08-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,489 Times in 3,237 Posts

Just keep those papers with you at all times in case you do get run through and it shows parole.

VINE is for victims of crime mostly. I don't think it is 'linked' to what the cops use.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:02 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,469 Times in 17,282 Posts

Hot Damn! Congratulations on walking off your parole I'm proud of ya!!

patchouli, PTO Admin