Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:32 AM
He's coming home Jan 24th

Thumbs down What are some of your biggest turn off's/turn on's while dating?

what are the things you are turned off by that a guy or girl does when your dating and what are some turn ons

Do you like dating or do u like to just jump right into the relationship?

Me I am extrememly turned off by a guy that becomes overly explicit when I dont even know you I dont care about ur size how long you last or anything like that cuz on the first date I'm not interrested in that I'm interrested in getting to know you... txting or talking on your phone with other ppl while we are on our date... bad teeth and bad breath and if a guy is too forceful.. I'm not the kissing type I dont kiss on the first date nor do I on the 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th (my boyfriend got one on the 3rd date thats how I knew he was special) its just very intimate to me and ur trusting that that person brushes their teeth and that their mouth hasnt been on anyone elses lady parts as well lol and when a guy is trying to kiss me after I declined or keeps begging or asking me why he cant then I'm turned all the way off and I'm ready to end the date

one of the things that was a turn on for me with my boyfriend is that when his phone rang while we were on our date he apologized and then put his ringer on silent and we enjoyed out date.... great convo is also a really big turn on especially when the guy can look you in the eyes while he's talking to you I feel u make more of a connection that way a guy with a beautiful smile and that is funny is a big turn on as well

I hate dating though I cant stand it I hate that process of getting to know a guy and all the awkward moment that come along with dating thats why I'm usually in very long term relationships

Everyday is one day closer...
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Banned

I love a confident guy but I can't stand one who brags and/or boasts with regards to material possessions. A guy who always bases his own successes and/or perception of self on that of others (does that make sense).

I love that my husband is confident,as a matter of fact he can be down right arrogant at times but I love that his perception of self is not based on the mishaps of others!!
Old 03-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,029 Times in 7,143 Posts

Back when I was dating, these were the thing that I did not like....
Failure to plan- No, I don't want to "hang out sometime" but I'd love to go to dinner at Applebees next Thursday or play some pool at Ichabod's Saturday afternoon. If you want to ask me out, ask me out- a time, a day, an activity- that way I can enjoy looking forward to the date and know when to be ready, what to wear, how much cash I should bring (I won't fight you for the check if you want to pay but I'll offer to split it or buy a round or get the tip). ..and don't assume that I'll be free on any given night if you wait until that day to ask.

Bad mouthing other women-I hate it when a guy speak ill of his exes on a date-worse than if he spoke highly of a former flame... if you speak thus about her, what will you say about me down the road?

Premature or too graphic a mention of sexual matters- Whether it's a direct remark on my bosom or telling me how much he likes a particular act, I don't want to hear it early on... I don't even want to hear about who his favorite adult actress is (Though I will usually be amused to hear at what age he found his dad's stash of Playboys)

Whining- On an early date, before it can be called a "relationship", I don't want to be "supportive" or offer a shoulder to cry on so please don't tell me in any detail about your boss being a jerk, your insomnia, your car troubles (unless they were the reason you were late or asked me to drive), your health issues(except if it's to explain an allergy, medication taken at meals or why you're urging me to have dessert though you are not ordering any), your mother's health issues or your ex wife's evil attorney.

Lying- One of my all time favorites was the time I was scheduled for a second date at a local street fair- The day before the fair, he left a message on my machine telling me that he had to rush off to Seattle because his sister was in the hospital, I called back and left a message to drive safe, see you when get back, rain check, yadda yadda and then I rang up a friend and went to the fair with her.... and ran into him with another date.... Seriously, Dude, if you're gonna lie, don't show up at the event you lied to get out of!

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
Temeron0926 (03-21-2011)
Old 03-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 15,300 Times in 3,764 Posts

I hated dating SO much I went and got me a MWI

Just kidding

Seriously though, I was so picky. One of about a hundred things would turn me off and have me hitting "delete, delete, delete" on any social media I was linked to said person on.

Being late, being too early. Being cheap, being too extravagant. Being too whiny or needy, being too aloof. You name it, I got turned off by it. How my man hasn't annoyed me (severly) yet is nothing short of a miracle
tchavon1984 (03-20-2011)
Old 03-20-2011, 03:23 PM
*Stargazing*
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,602 Times in 5,648 Posts

It has literally been so long that Ive forgotten.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:19 PM

Thanked 3,584 Times in 1,696 Posts

i agree that it is an extreme turn OFF when a guy talks all explicit about what he likes about you. we don't wanna hear that. other turn-offs:

-being on your phone constantly, texting or whatever.
-talking about your exes, & they need to be brought up why?
-a cheap dude.

my biggest one:
-TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE. if you had money like that, you wouldn't have to talk about it. same goes for possessions. the dudes who put pictures of their shoes, watches, etc. on their facebook or just the guys who brag or are showy about their possessions. i could NEVER be with someone like that. NOT CUTE.

i'm sure i will be back with more.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:17 AM
grá mo chroí

Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,527 Posts

Dating.........that would be telling on myself as to how old I am? (dating myself) No......WAIT! I remember dating (BARELY)!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's not you, it's me" Give me a flipping break, IT IS YOU!!! I have never and would never use this excuse when breaking up with someone. THEY did something to make me not want to see them anymore.......so YES, IT IS YOU, IT'S NOT ME!

"My Mom....." Ok yes, your Mom is a saint! She is the best cook in the world, and she does nothing wrong........EVER! I just don't want to hear about "dear old Mom" on every date and in every conversation! Seriously, I had a 'blind' date with a guy I met online in my city (a long, long time ago). We met at Applebee's and I didn't tell him where I lived or even what kind of car I drove. The guy was 30 minutes late (strike 1). He bragged about his job (at an apple packing shed) and how much money he made (strike 2). Then...........he told me "blah my Mom this, blah my Mom that" AND that at the age of 38 he STILL LIVED AT HOME! (strike 3 you are OUTTA HERE).

LYING I met a guy who was pretty nice, we got to know each other, went out on a couple of dates. I thought things were going well..........until I met his SIL at a home interior party............YES, his WIFE'S sister! No, of COURSE he wasn't married........he didn't wear a wedding ring, he TOLD me he wasn't married, why shouldn't I have believed him? So, I went out with him one more time...........had him take me to a nice resturaunt, ordered one of the most expensive things on the menu, got up to "powder my nose" right after the waitress brought us our food...........and walked straight out the door! He didn't see me leave, I have to wonder how long he sat there! Of course I never heard from him again......the LOSER!

Talking about sex before date number.........ohh let's say 8! No, I don't need to know what your fave position is on date number 1! No, I don't need to know how many people you have slept with (of either sex) on date number 3. No! I don't need to know how "good you are in bed" (or how good you THINK you are) on date numebr 4!

Also, I don't do whinning for any reason, sexual inuendos on the first few dates, personal questions (How much do I weigh? How much money do I make? How much did I pay for my car? Are you serious????) before we have been serious about each other (exclusive) for quite some time. The weight question, should NEVER be asked in my opinion!

I could go on and on, but you get it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Temeron0926 For This Useful Post:
LeBeau (03-21-2011), tchavon1984 (03-21-2011)