Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 AM

Default I'm in England, MWI in U.S.

could this ever work? ... im trying my best not to fall in love with him, but i know its gonna happen... Im in England - how can this ever work? ... i just wait for his letters everyday (he writes four times a week). im trying to just got on with my life as normal but even when im out with friends, family etc he,s just constantly on my mind ... this wasnt suppose to happen ... ... ... is there anyone else from overseas who,s fallen like me? ... i dont even know if im gonna even be able to visit cos its just too expensive ... the reason i wrote to someone in a different country was to stop me having these feelings. i knew id never probably meet the person i chose to write to, but it was just a friend i was looking for so the U.S seemed perfect ... i cant even talk to anyone about how i feel cos my friends thought it was a crazy idea when i started corresponding with him ...
finding this site has been such an help (i only joined today) but reading through the threads i can see you all support each other. thanks again to everyone - i thought it was just me who was going through this (crazy as it may seem)

Last edited by kaypilky; 04-11-2010 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: adding extra
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2010, 11:38 AM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Hi there... Welcome to PTO!! Youre absolutely right... There is a great wealth of support here. Im glad hat youve found us and can share the support.

I too, am in the UK (London), and my sweetie is in the US (AL). The geographical distance, as well as the fact that they are in and we have to deal with the hoops that the prison system makes us jump through, isnt easy. True love seems to prevail though. You have to kinda became thick skinned. keeping yourself helps deal with the time apart from one another (whether it be waiting on another letter, phone call or visit). I know how ya feel bout yearning for him to be there sharing with you. You have to kind of brush that feeling/thought off and block it out.

As far as it being expensive to travel to visit... Yes, it can be very costly. If you really wanna go, it is possible (even if you dont work and have financial commitments), but you have to make a lot of sacrifices! He's worth it though, and I treasure every minute spent with him no matter how we do it!

If you ever need to chat, feel free to PM me.

Once again... Welcome!!

Hang in there hun!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Jakes Moonlight

Hi and welcome. You will find fantastic support here at PTO. Im in Scotland and like yourself the love thing wasnt meant to happen but it did. Travel is expensive but truely it is worth every penny for me to go out and see him as often as I can.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:45 AM

aw thanks ... i didnt realise how difficult this was gonna be (think i had my eyes shut when i went into this lol ... btw how the hell do you PM someone on here (i swear i am useless on computers lol)

thanks again x

Last edited by kaypilky; 04-11-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Old 04-11-2010, 12:38 PM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaypilky View Post
btw how the hell do you PM someone on here (i swear i am useless on computers lol)
You click on the person's name and select to send a private message!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2nice For This Useful Post:
kaypilky (04-11-2010)
Old 04-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,803 Times in 837 Posts

Hi Kaypilky and welcome to PTO.

I too am from England and my man is in California. Nobody here will tell you that the ride is easy but they will be able to tell you how much their relationships mean. Travel is expensive and having to cancel for reasons like being sent to the hole and losing contact visits is particularly annoying but for me it is worth everything just to have this man as a part of my life.

Stay strong and like others have said if you need to talk just PM me.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,357 Times in 379 Posts

I'm on the other side of the pond too - he's out, off parole and lives with me now. It's hard but it's possible
Old 04-11-2010, 09:32 PM

aw thats so good to hear ... its good when u hear someone who has a good story to tell you! ..... thanx for that ....
Old 04-12-2010, 12:01 AM

lol, I could have written your post just as well.. I also live in Europe and I've caught myself in that very same behavior lately too you describe.. And.. YES I do believe it CAN work out .. There are lots of people here who will agree with me because they are in a long distance MWI relationship!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:32 AM

i hope so ... its all new at the moment, but im fallin for him and im really scared about all this
Old 04-12-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaypilky View Post
i hope so ... its all new at the moment, but im fallin for him and im really scared about all this
I know what you mean, it seems like a better plan to fight it .. but it's not always that easy right ?