Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Closed

Very interesting! What made you want to post this?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missvee1014
Very interesting! What made you want to post this?
Atheism is a strong ideology that has affected everyone. It needs to be defeated on an intellectual level. InshAllah, I will keep posting.
JazaKhAllah khair
saaalam
Old 01-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Closed

Inshallah you will too. Jazakallah Khair for the post.
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa baraaktuh
Old 01-03-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Man, the Favourite of God

SaalamAlaikum
This is an excerpt from Saviours of Islamic Spirit by Ali Nadwi. The second volume contains Yahya Maneri one of the greatest revivers of Islam in India.

Yahya Maneri writes:

“The creations of God are many and varied, but none finds favour in the eyes of God like this clod of dust blended with water (Man). When God willed to create man out of clay, whom He desired to crown as His representative, the angels said: ‘Will You place there in those who will make mischief therein and shed blood?’ (Quran 2:30)
The reply received by the angels was meant to convey the ardent love and mercy that
God has for the human being. The reply, given by God dropped the hint:

Of what use is your prayer and glorification, if not acceptable to Us?
What is the harm done by the sins if Our grace wipes out the slate clean? (If God forgives an individual’s sins, it is as if he/she has never sinned)
We have already ordained: ‘Allah will change their evil deeds to good deeds.’ (Quran 25:70 condition is that a person should repent)

‘Surely’, said God to the angels, ‘you take the right path while they can go astray but whenever We shall desire Our mercy shall unfold the path of virtue for them and remove the signs of transgression from their faces! We are the object to their heart’s yearning (since every human is born on fitrah of Islam, his/her heart demands closeness to Allah. Today people try to fill this vacuum with other objects and yet they are restless) but what you do not know is that We also love them!

A poet has correctly said:
Dear to One’s heart, when commits a mistake,
A thousand commendations his virtues make.”
(The poet means when someone beloved makes a mistake, people try to sing praises of his/her good deeds in order to hide the mistake. This is sometimes the case with parents when speaking about their children. This is also the case with Allah if one observes in Quran and Hadith, Allah is always looking for an excuse to forgive us and grant us jannah through some good deed.)
The Following User Says Thank You to SheikhOnDeRun For This Useful Post:
Sheyanne (07-03-2010)
Old 01-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Closed

Walaikum Salaam,
Good information! Inshallah Allah(SWT) will continue to have mercy on us and forgive us our misdeeds and be as the one who always want to grant us the best and never evil. May we repent for our shortcomings and increase our good deeds. Amin
Old 01-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Patient Perseverance

sheikh- That was really good

Missvee- god willing this year will bring about good changes (hijab)

Old 01-04-2007, 03:05 PM
He Inspires Me...

Thumbs up Yeah!!!

Asallamualaikum Rahmatullah-barakatu!!!
This is great!

Old 01-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Closed

Ja- Mashallah (as Allah (swt) has willed) I got your back!!

Assalamu alaikum Rahs mommy and all
Old 01-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Patient Perseverance

Asalaam Alaikum,

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far.....

I have a question for the converts, when did you know it was the right time to take shadah?

Old 01-07-2007, 09:42 AM

Default God through Reason#1

This is Sheikh Wahiduddin from God Arises. I will continue with more excerpts.

God through Reason#1

Today, the understanding of reality is through observation and experiment, but since religious beliefs concern the supernatural sphere of existence, they are thus considered unverifiable. Arguments in their favor are based entirely on assumption and inference: this being so, they are declared to have no acceptable scientific basis. Arguments against religion are there because the claims of religion are unfounded as they are neither based on any valid argument, nor scientifically demonstrable; religion belongs strictly to the domain of faith, and reality is considered verifiable.

But this case against religion has itself no basis in fact. It should not be forgotten that the modern method of reasoning does not insist that only those things which can come under direct observation have a real existence. A scientific supposition which is based on direct observation can also be as much a fact as the result of scientific experiment.

For instance, the electron is unobservable. It is so tiny that neither can a microscope show it, nor a weighing scale weigh it. Yet, in the world of science, the existence of electron is considered a reality. This is because although an electron itself is not visible, some of its effects repeatedly come within our experience, and no explanation can be found for them other than the existence of a system like that of the electron. The electron is a supposition, but since the basis of this supposition is indirect observation, science must concede that it exists.

Science does not, and can not claim that reality is limited only to what enters directly into our experience through the senses. We can see with our own eyes that water is liquid, but the fact that each molecule of water consists of two atoms of hydrogen and one of oxygen is something which escapes us, because these atoms are not visible. The way to arrive at this conclusion is by inference. For instance, we apprehend water by direct perception of its appearance. But it is only by INFERENCE, and not by direct observation that I can grasp the fact that each molecule of water is composed of two atoms of hydrogen and one of oxygen.

From the above discussion, it becomes quite clear that it is not proper to regard religion, on the one hand, as being based on faith in the unseen, and treat science, on the other hand, as being based on observation. It must be admitted that science just like religion, is ultimately a matter of having faith in the unseen.

An atom provides an irrefutable example of scientists’ faith in the unseen. An atom has never physically been observed. Yet it is the greatest established truth accepted by modern science. A scholar has rightly defined scientific theories as ‘mental pictures that explain known laws.’ In the field of science, the notion of so-called ‘observed’ facts are not so in the strictest sense of the word: they are simply interpretations of certain observations.
(Our observations of nature are used to derive conclusions.) The greatest evidence of God before us is His creation. (We INFER from the superb organization and the very existence of the universe that there has to be a creator just as a scientist infers from certain observations that there are atoms.)
Old 01-07-2007, 08:46 PM

Assalamu alaykum everyone!

Happy new year and belated eid mubarak!..........
Connected to Islam Community Member
Old 01-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalove
Asalaam Alaikum,

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far.....

I have a question for the converts, when did you know it was the right time to take shadah?
Honestly, I was raised by a grandmother who's from the south and rooted in christianity (baptist denomination) and i was sent to catholic school for my elementary and high school education. It was a learning experience, I knew God (Allah (swt)) was real but it was like I couldn't find him in what surrounded me. As a child, I always admired sisters I saw in the street, it was always something beautiful about them... I've come to realize it was their hijab! Back on track, I learned many things about islam in my freshman yr of high school, however I was afraid to take the shahada, because of family and the fact that I was on scholarship at my school and my principal already disliked me. I took it once, I graduated and I never looked back. Taking shahada has been one of the best things I've done in my life... I've researched various religions but Allah's (swt) way is the only way that stirs something in my heart...

I deviate from docility...
Old 01-09-2007, 09:21 AM

Hello everyone,
SbHurling good to hear your story. My man is Muslim as some of the sisters here know. My father who was more religious than my mother passed away in '94. I've always been God fearing and open to learning about islam. I'd be interested in hearing more about your families and how they accepted it. Take care!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Closed

Jazakallah Khair!!!
Very good info and very true!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheikhOnDeRun
This is Sheikh Wahiduddin from God Arises. I will continue with more excerpts.

God through Reason#1

Today, the understanding of reality is through observation and experiment, but since religious beliefs concern the supernatural sphere of existence, they are thus considered unverifiable. Arguments in their favor are based entirely on assumption and inference: this being so, they are declared to have no acceptable scientific basis. Arguments against religion are there because the claims of religion are unfounded as they are neither based on any valid argument, nor scientifically demonstrable; religion belongs strictly to the domain of faith, and reality is considered verifiable.

But this case against religion has itself no basis in fact. It should not be forgotten that the modern method of reasoning does not insist that only those things which can come under direct observation have a real existence. A scientific supposition which is based on direct observation can also be as much a fact as the result of scientific experiment.

For instance, the electron is unobservable. It is so tiny that neither can a microscope show it, nor a weighing scale weigh it. Yet, in the world of science, the existence of electron is considered a reality. This is because although an electron itself is not visible, some of its effects repeatedly come within our experience, and no explanation can be found for them other than the existence of a system like that of the electron. The electron is a supposition, but since the basis of this supposition is indirect observation, science must concede that it exists.

Science does not, and can not claim that reality is limited only to what enters directly into our experience through the senses. We can see with our own eyes that water is liquid, but the fact that each molecule of water consists of two atoms of hydrogen and one of oxygen is something which escapes us, because these atoms are not visible. The way to arrive at this conclusion is by inference. For instance, we apprehend water by direct perception of its appearance. But it is only by INFERENCE, and not by direct observation that I can grasp the fact that each molecule of water is composed of two atoms of hydrogen and one of oxygen.

From the above discussion, it becomes quite clear that it is not proper to regard religion, on the one hand, as being based on faith in the unseen, and treat science, on the other hand, as being based on observation. It must be admitted that science just like religion, is ultimately a matter of having faith in the unseen.

An atom provides an irrefutable example of scientists’ faith in the unseen. An atom has never physically been observed. Yet it is the greatest established truth accepted by modern science. A scholar has rightly defined scientific theories as ‘mental pictures that explain known laws.’ In the field of science, the notion of so-called ‘observed’ facts are not so in the strictest sense of the word: they are simply interpretations of certain observations.
(Our observations of nature are used to derive conclusions.) The greatest evidence of God before us is His creation. (We INFER from the superb organization and the very existence of the universe that there has to be a creator just as a scientist infers from certain observations that there are atoms.)

P.S. Ja- I can say that Allah guided me to Islam as I was graduating College and I feel he did this by putting muslim sisters in my path way and intriguing my curiosity to want to do more and more research. I personally felt That Allah (Subhana Wa Ta 'ala) guided me to islam as I never thought about being a muslim b/c in school all you hear is jesus jesus jesus (whom peace be upon). And then the contradictions and the inconsistencies with the things that were said in the church turned me off and i just was focused on school and my now husband then fiancee. and So alhamdulilah Rabbi Alameen i am a new shahadah trying to become as pious as i can. I actually took my shahadah at my computer at work in school and then again on a visit with my husband. And to be honest everyday we take our shahadah b/c we should testify that there is no god but Allah (Subhana Wa Ta 'ala) and mohammed (Sal allahu allehi wasalaam) is his slave and messenger. and that he has no partners. So mashallah (as Allah (Subhana Wa Ta 'ala) has willed you'll take your shahadah when he has guided you but NOW Is the time sister!! so inshallah you'll join the truth and obtain peace and tranquility in your life.

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi
Old 01-14-2007, 07:50 AM

salam alaikoum y'all
shocked to see you there lol but happy...
Only noticed now there was an " islamic " session !
Have a nice day
Old 01-16-2007, 10:04 AM

Hello,
I just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is having a good day! Salam
Old 01-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Closed

Assalamu Alaikum Sherry1 and Welcome Sandies,

Have a good day!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Missing my Baby

Default Interested in Islam

Hello,
I am very interested in learning more about Islam, however, I do not know anyone (female) who is Muslim that I can discuss it with. I am open to all suggestions.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Closed

Welcome and glad you found us. What would you like to know? ALso read some past posts, they may have some info in there for ya
Old 01-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Missing my Baby

I have heard so much about the religion, but only from my husband. I feel like I need to have a female give me the other side, that don't hear.
I have been reading a lot about Islam and I am really considering converting. But I want to know all that comes along with making this decision.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:31 AM
HIZ WIFE

As Salaamu Alaikum, I'm Glad To See Some Muslims On Here Besides Myself, I Thought I Was The Only One.
"Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do, will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, will never...never forget it.” ♥
Old 01-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Closed

Assalamu Alaikum Sisters,
Naw you're not the only one ZAWJahTul

Tobey's- Well Her'es a Few sites that might help you out

muslimconverts.com
http://muttaqun.com/
Islamway.com
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/
And there are some other sites but inshallah (God Willing) you'll find some help there and may Allah (subhana Wa Ta'ala (S.W.T.) ) guide you to the straight path soon. Amen
Old 01-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Missing my Baby

Thank you for the links.
I visited both sites and found a lot of useful information.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Closed

Great Tobey's glad you found some info. Also see if you could try and go to a local masjid and meet up with some sisters. That'll be an experience to remember!!!

P.s. do you know any muslim sisters in your area? If not maybe going to the masjid might be good! May allah (SWT) guide you to the right way

Assalamu Alaikum sisters!!!
-Sister Nailah
Old 01-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Missing my Baby

Going to a local masjid to meet up with some sisters is a scary thought for me. I really want to but I wouldn't know where to start, what to wear, what to do. I feel like I am all alone in this.