Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Friends & Families of Addicts
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Friends & Families of Addicts Information for coping, dealing & living with a loved one's addictive behavior.

View Poll Results: Was Drugs/Alcohol a factor in why he's in?
No drugs/alcohol had no part of it. 68 7.32%
Yes, they are the reason. 407 43.81%
Yes, they made him do stupid things. 442 47.58%
No answer 12 1.29%
Voters: 929. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

smoking water?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2007, 12:46 PM
RachelisJims

Jim's definatly was drugs. He had been using them since he was 16. He was abused as a child mentally and physically. His sisters think thats why he ended up choosing the path he did. He was locked up in jail twice and got out. The last time he got caught he ended up in prison for almost four yrs. I've know him and his family for 24 yrs now. I never did use drugs period. I never thought I would end up with someone that had or was using them. I told him I wouldn't stay with him unless he quit totally. I'm sticking to my word to. They think they are invincable when they are druged up, but look where it lands them in the end.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelisJims
Jim's definatly was drugs. He had been using them since he was 16. He was abused as a child mentally and physically. His sisters think thats why he ended up choosing the path he did. He was locked up in jail twice and got out. The last time he got caught he ended up in prison for almost four yrs. I've know him and his family for 24 yrs now. I never did use drugs period. I never thought I would end up with someone that had or was using them. I told him I wouldn't stay with him unless he quit totally. I'm sticking to my word to. They think they are invincable when they are druged up, but look where it lands them in the end.
This sound's very like my ex-boyfriend and me. He went from foster home to foster home after his dad died (he was an alcoholic who was robbed and murdered on the street).

Now the police are looking for him again.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:35 PM

I said yes but he wasnt doing them rather like selling them so they are y he went in
Old 02-07-2007, 10:13 PM

My husband was drunk when he got arrested but he was an drug user before that and he stopped that and started drinking. He know realizes that he can not handle that either. He had to learn a hard lesson and a lesson he has learned. He will be spending a trip total of 19 months for one day of fun.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:29 PM
the rebel

yes.

my cousins baby daddy JON who is currently doing a 3 yr sentence was on all sorts of pills. & he only committed these crimes while under the influence. he has a beautiful 4 yr old daughter that he hasnt seen in almost 2 yrs. ITS A SHAME. he said when he gets out he's turning his life around. I HOPE SO. he has been in and out of juvenile hall growing up & its sad that our system doesnt handle these cases better; then maybe our guys/girls wouldnt be in this situation. locking them up doesnt stop their drug use it just prevents them from getting to it NOW, but whats gonna change when theyget out? we're trying to work out a deal to maybe letting him do his last 6 months ina rehab? IDK any help would be appreciated
Old 03-07-2007, 09:18 AM
What Would Miss Jay Do?

He (we) commited the crimes to get more money for drugs (crack). That crap gets a death grip on your soul and won't let go.... He wouldn't stay off of it for more than 2 days at a time, tops. And on those days, he would sleep all day.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Banned

My dad was on drugs (so he says) when he commits his crimes. He claims to have been on speed and coke but i don't know how to accept this well because he used to watch my daughter while i worked and went to the gym (sometimes soon after he wandered in the house-i knew he stole...didn't know he was on drugs) and i am wondering if something (probably not-but it is the betrayl of trust that makes me question it) ever happened to my daughter.

My sperm donor was liquored up when he committed the crime he was detained for 2 years for (he ended up getting aquitted at trial-but they took it to the 11th hour) and from what i understand and know has at least been drunk when he committed his crimes.

My current dude is in jail illegally, but he was on prescription meds after being shot when he was arrested. He wasn't committing any crimes though. In the past i am not sure about. I'll ask later and get back to you. Wow! Never even thought to ask.

I will say in general they are part of the reason but not the sole reason. In the case of my ex i know that liquor and weed and stuff always made him feel bolder. Maybe that is the case for other as well.

Last edited by lovinkiah; 03-07-2007 at 02:06 PM..
Old 03-07-2007, 06:38 PM

yupp....he was addicted to heroine. But, he's been clean now for 2.5 yrs!!! I told him he ever touches a drug again- I will be there for him as a friend, but nothing more.

July 11, 2010 can't come soon enough!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:48 AM

Yes he was into the drugs hard core and with that came the B&E's to suport his habbit.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:44 AM

My son is in prison now for the 3rd time on drug related charges and parole violation. Yes, he did a lot of stupid things while on drugs, but could never see it for himself.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 AM

Mine had had a few beers, but not enough to mess up his judgement as much as he did that night. I wish I could blame it on something, other than him....
Old 04-24-2007, 11:04 AM
The love is always there

Yes, every bit of it. Mine needed to get money to get the drugs so yes he eventually got hit with another bid of Burglary again

Old 04-24-2007, 11:25 AM
loving life!!!

Yes He was strung out on "Meth", he was also dealing it among other things, he was on all that when he got in this trouble that got him locked up, only a little over 6 more months to go!!! WOO HOO

~*~WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME, WILL ALWAYS MAKE ME STRONGER!!!!~*~

Old 04-24-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Drugs always involved.

Yes, my love is heroin addict, has been since his college days and spent most of his life behind bars. I just hope and pray this time will be his last.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:52 PM
wifey

yes heroin, now clean for 1 year he was addicted for 2 years. Hope that it is all over.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:40 AM

mine has a heroin problem too. He stayed clean almost 2 years this last time. Is your man doing methadone treatment, or just cold turkey? I've seen mine relapse multiple times doing cold turkey and I really want him to do the methadone treatment if he comes home and relapses this time. from what I've read, methadone hits alot of the same brain receptors as heroin, but a person can still function, work, have relationships, etc.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:57 AM

Yes SHE was. A theft to support a habit.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 PM

My fiancee was very strung out on drugs when he got incarcerated. As much as I hate him being locked up away from me, I honestly believe that him being arrested saved his life. He was on the way down a long, hard path of drugs and violence.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:55 PM
HE'S MY A'ERTHANG

I didn't vote he doesn't blame the alcohol or pot he had used so I can't say that was the reason, but I can say he was under the influence at the time. He done it he is guilty he ain't gonna blame it on anything but himself, I don't believe he was so messed up he didn't know what he was doing. It may of given him some I don't care feelings, so he didn't chicken out, but he still made the choice. (a really dumb, bad bad bad choice)

IF His Love Were A Grain Of Sand Then My
Love Would Be A Universe Of Beaches.
unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to WALTSBABEE For This Useful Post:
tibs (01-11-2009)
Old 05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
HE'S MY A'ERTHANG

omg. a no answer box, i did vote my bad ya'll

IF His Love Were A Grain Of Sand Then My
Love Would Be A Universe Of Beaches.
unknown
Old 05-16-2007, 01:15 AM
The Janitor Of God

Thanked 1,115 Times in 555 Posts

Getting into trouble as the result of an addiction or drug use can be the wakeup call some people need to do something about it. It's the harshest of harsh lessons, but some of us have thick skulls and need to run into a brick wall (sometimes more than once) before we figure out that we can indeed do something better with our lives.

THIS NUT WON'T CRACK

The Following User Says Thank You to DaveMoff For This Useful Post:
tibs (01-11-2009)
Old 06-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

I answered earlier in the thread for my ex - yes, DUI would certainly be due to alcohol.

Now for my pen-pal, yes, he was on meth and paranoid....carried a gun as a result.....felon in possesion of a firearm has him in this time.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
~Lucy~

Yep Stan was drunk & high he wanted money to go and get more crack....he is back in jail for violation of probation for not going to a court ordered drug program...dork!

Last edited by stansgirl; 06-25-2007 at 11:20 AM..
Old 08-05-2007, 05:17 PM

no he's just bad to the bone