Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Juvenile
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Juvenile Discussion of everything related to minors in the criminal justice system: juvenile detention, courts, rights, and family support.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2015, 02:30 PM
rmc50 rmc50 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Milpitas, Ca, USA
Posts: 783
Thanks: 97
Thanked 980 Times in 459 Posts
Default Where to send a letter

I have no idea how to go about this.

I have a penpal that is serving a life sentence, no possibility of parole. He is 37 years old and has spent almost all of his adult life in prison, or in his own words: "Im a 37 year old lifer whos got a total of two years on the street between the ages of 11 and 22"

He has written a letter "To The Kids" that I believe is wonderfully worded about his journey to where he is, as a cautionary tale to other juveniles that are in a similar situation that he is in.

He would like for this letter to be sent to appropriate juvenile centers so that it can be given to the kids. His hope and desire is that he might be able to save at least one kids from following his path.

I would like to help him in this endeavor, but I have no idea who to contact, or where to send this letter.

Can anyone help me out?


R. Mc.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmc50 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-28-2015), patchouli (10-15-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2015, 04:56 PM
sass4221's Avatar
sass4221 sass4221 is offline
Super Moderator on Leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 


Join Date: May 2008
Location: KY
Posts: 5,447
Thanks: 3,683
Thanked 6,160 Times in 3,058 Posts

I would contact a few facilities and ask them if they would be interested and how to send it if they do.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sass4221 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-29-2015), patchouli (10-15-2015)
Old 10-15-2015, 12:21 PM
chris idoc's Avatar
chris idoc chris idoc is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: springfield, il
Posts: 328
Thanks: 79
Thanked 312 Times in 152 Posts

You can mail a copy to each Assistant Warden of Programs for the Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice.
The following link has the address of each facility.


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chris idoc For This Useful Post:
patchouli (10-15-2015)


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I send the letter....? Emma1985 United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics 3 09-12-2013 05:31 PM
Ever used J-Pay?~To send a letter? Goodglory182 GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 9 06-28-2011 11:09 PM
How do I send him a letter? bbyElkins23 Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 3 04-05-2011 02:31 PM
Should I send a letter to his PO? karmaIS Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 2 06-13-2010 10:21 AM
I would like to send a letter..help? j_quinn GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 2 12-10-2008 06:50 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics