Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row - What you need to know!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Death Row - What you need to know! General and State Specific questions/answers about Death Row - mail & more - whatever you need to know can probably be found here!

Old 09-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Account Closed

Question Anyone know if Hurricane Rita effected Polunsky/Livingston?

I've been worried ever since Hurricane Rita came ashore, about how badly Livingston was effected by the storm. Anyone know if Polunsky lost power, or if there was bad flooding there or anything like that? I tried calling KDOL today and it just rang, I never got an answer and I tried emailing them too, and never got a reply. Does anyone know if there wasn't a show today? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-C.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Busy Dizzy Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 21,590 Times in 5,574 Posts

Here is a piece of info (possibly second hand), that was posted in the Texas forums: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...=149287&page=4

I just spoke with the Polunsky Unit and they are still operating on generator power. They hope to up and running sometime tomorrow. The guys are still on lock-down except for, chow of course. That will probably last until at least the middle of the week. Until the evacuees are gone. Although the post office has said that they will resume delivery of the mail in some zip codes the guys won't get it until the lock-down is over. The person at Polunsky also told me they have over 700 evacuees. And they are almost out of gasoline to power the generators. AND there is no gasoline available for them because it was all used by the civilians trying to evacuate the cities

Hope this answers some of your questions; there is also some more info in the News from DR thread

Rach x
Old 09-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Register
Donation Award 

Celene Polunsky is fine as far as damage. They weren't in the direct path and even if they were it is a tough building and could handle it.

They did moved several prisoners there from other prisons to keep them safe.

The mail is going to be toucky for awhile or so I have heard. Of course it is always touchy and now I am afraid they have a good excuse.

I don't know if they are on lock down or not. I got the same email Rach, but I can't tell you for sure. But it makes sense if they transferred other prisoners there they would put them on lockdown.

Everything is ok honey, he is ok don't worry, nothing major happened there.

softie
Old 09-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Closed

I am just worried that they have had no AC and it has been over 100 in Houston so I am a bit freaked over that.

Has anyone called that family number on the TDCJ site?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Account Closed

Thanks for all the info, ladies! Those poor guys, having to be on lockdown and maybe with no A/C...ugh! I'm going to be worried til I hear from him...*sigh*. I feel bad because I haven't been writing as much as it is, but now the mail situation is going to be even worse. So visits are supposed to resume Thursday? Because a friend of my hubby's had a special visit scheduled for Thursday & Friday and he's coming from out of state, so I hope he'd still be able to come. Hmm. Anyway thanks for the info again!

Oh, did anyone know if there was no shoutout show on Sunday after all?
Old 10-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Account Closed

I just got a letter from my pal, and as of this week they should be off lock down, I hope this helps

He is tired of his johnnie sack lunches
Old 10-04-2005, 09:36 AM

Hi Dana (and everyone else). I just got back from Livingston last night around midnight. There was more damage to the town than I would've guessed, had I not seen it for myself. Most of the town was without power for several days (even the 24-hour Wal-Mart reduced their hours of operation). Lots of trees down, rooves damaged & blown off, just a lot of debris everywhere. But the town was recovering & things seemed to be going pretty well within a few days.

Dana, I saw your pal briefly in visit on Thursday ... he, of course, had no idea who I was & I didn't go up & introduce myself or anything. But my pal told me who he was. How cool is that? Are you guys talking at all about you visiting?
Old 10-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Account Closed

Hey Shimmer Im glad to see you back, i am hoping the visit went well??? Do tell me all about it So you saw my crazy :P pal..heehee..he is a nut ( in a good way) nope, we havent talked about visiting yet.